Notifications
Clear all

Is My Acne Severe ? (Photo Attached)

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/29/2013 4:52 pm

@vanja0997

did your dermatologist asked you for some tests? did she tell you why you have acne?

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/30/2013 4:07 pm

@vanja0997

did your dermatologist asked you for some tests? did she tell you why you have acne?

No

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:29 pm

@vanja0997

No

well, neither did the 5 dermatologists I've been seen by in the last 5 years, just handing me out standard antibiotic + creams schemes in hope that I get lucky with one of them. I was clear for a month tops and then the acne was back, worse than ever. This is not how you treat acne. Find a doctor that will have you tested first with blood tests, bacteria, fungus, parasites, endocrine, testosterone, DHEAS, estradiol, prolactin, LH/FSH ratio and many others tests for kidneys, liver, stomach, allergies etc. and search VISIA on google too, is really helpful. Don't waste time and money on your incompetent dermatologist gamble.

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:38 pm

@vanja0997

No

well, neither did the 5 dermatologists I've been seen by in the last 5 years, just handing me out standard antibiotic + creams schemes in hope that I get lucky with one of them. I was clear for a month tops and then the acne was back, worse than ever. This is not how you treat acne. Find a doctor that will have you tested first with blood tests, bacteria, fungus, parasites, endocrine, testosterone, DHEAS, estradiol, prolactin, LH/FSH ratio and many others tests for kidneys, liver, stomach, allergies etc. and search VISIA on google too, is really helpful. Don't waste time and money on your incompetent dermatologist gamble.

Im going to a different dermatologist this friday. i'll ask him about accutane . Hope he doesn't give me some creams like the last dermatologist did .

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:40 pm

Why ask for a dangerous drug if you don't really know exactly why do you have acne?

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:44 pm

Why ask for a dangerous drug if you don't really know exactly why do you have acne?

Because i cant take this anymore , ill try anything just to get rid of it.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:47 pm

you said you tried everything in your first post, and I showed you that you didn't. why don't you find a dermatologist/doctor and show him that list of tests I told you about?

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:52 pm

you said you tried everything in your first post, and I showed you that you didn't. why don't you find a dermatologist/doctor and show him that list of tests I told you about?

I live in Serbia , its very hard to find a good dermatologist here , most of them probably never even had acne .lol

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 10/30/2013 6:55 pm

I live in Romania, which I think it's worse than Serbia. Find a doctor instead or try finding a better dermatologist, don't hurry with Accutane.

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 10/30/2013 7:02 pm

I live in Romania, which I think it's worse than Serbia. Find a doctor instead or try finding a better dermatologist, don't hurry with Accutane.

I hope that the dermatologist that im going to on friday is going to be a good one . Thanks for the suggestions

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 11/01/2013 12:42 pm

Most genetic traits that develop and stay " stable" within a population, have benefits. They are created by a mutation that makes a variation of the same gene. People with a generally high testosterone or DHT Level or sensitivity will have a bigger chance of growing musles and being strong and fast and a good survivor. This is something that was a good thing to have in caveman's days, when noone even considered skin issues. So the man with that gene would likely have more offspring, and this would stabilize that gene within a population ( survival of the fittest). Same pattern for certain immune traits, Acne is likely a by- product of a combination of positive things. Our lifestyle has nothing to do with the creation of genes ( at least not in the way you think) , but it often has to do with the way they are showing physically on our bodies.

Why are certain populations acne free? Either they live a lifestyle that can " suppress" a genetic predisposition.

Or that population is rather homogenous in the genes of interest, and just does not have them in their population. They can have oily skin, but if they developed from ancestors that did not carry the " keratolysis fail gene" they will not get acne.

The same questions for overweight: what was a great gene combo to have as a caveman ( be able to store a lot of energy in form of fat) , is nowadays that we have soo much food available, a curse for persons with an adipositas predisposition.

I think it is important that acne is NOT life's way to punish us for a bad lifestyle. It is a by- product. So it is not a persons fault or failure that makes acne. It is probably not even a good indicator for healthy and unhealthy food, because there are tons of healthy things that make people break out, like many fruits and nuts.

Food triggered acne is not a sign for a person eating bad stuff, it is a sign that this person is eating things that are bad for his or her acne. And not everyone can cure acne with diet. Acne triggers are very individual, so a cure- all- solution is unlikely. We do not heal our acne with lifestyle changes, we suppress it because we avoid the triggers.

But generally , many really unhealthy foods seem to trigger acne. Because they have inflammatory influence pn our whole body.

BTW sorry for the OT

I hope that the dermatologist that im going to on friday is going to be a good one . Thanks for the suggestions

Hey guys , so i went to a dermatologist today , and she prescribed me this :

liquid nitrogen 1x a week (10x)

gel cerin (for cleansing)

cps cerin 1x1 tree months

tbl ciprocinal a 500mg 2x1

tbl orvagyl 250mg 2x1

tbl nistatin 3x1 15 days.Control

What do you guys thinks about this , and is it gonna be any good ?

I asked her about accutane and she said that its a very dangerous drug , and if nothing helps my skin she will then prescribe it to me.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 11/01/2013 1:20 pm

Don't know why are quoting me for. Don't know what are those drugs, I've explained to you that you have to get tested first, your dermatologist is an imbecile for prescribing drugs without having you tested first.

MemberMember
(@kellybell)

Posted : 11/02/2013 11:22 am

I use Differin prescriptive cream (google it to find out what its called whereever you live) at night with a gently foaming cleanser and light moisturizer in the morning. The differin really takes the redness out for me, takes away scarring and clears my skin up in a short period of time.

MemberMember
(@lovelorn)

Posted : 11/03/2013 10:49 pm

Yes, it's very severe. Not nodular but still very inflammatory. Time to go on Accutane.

Most genetic traits that develop and stay " stable" within a population, have benefits. They are created by a mutation that makes a variation of the same gene. People with a generally high testosterone or DHT Level or sensitivity will have a bigger chance of growing musles and being strong and fast and a good survivor. This is something that was a good thing to have in caveman's days, when noone even considered skin issues. So the man with that gene would likely have more offspring, and this would stabilize that gene within a population ( survival of the fittest). Same pattern for certain immune traits, Acne is likely a by- product of a combination of positive things. Our lifestyle has nothing to do with the creation of genes ( at least not in the way you think) , but it often has to do with the way they are showing physically on our bodies.

Why are certain populations acne free? Either they live a lifestyle that can " suppress" a genetic predisposition.

Or that population is rather homogenous in the genes of interest, and just does not have them in their population. They can have oily skin, but if they developed from ancestors that did not carry the " keratolysis fail gene" they will not get acne.

The same questions for overweight: what was a great gene combo to have as a caveman ( be able to store a lot of energy in form of fat) , is nowadays that we have soo much food available, a curse for persons with an adipositas predisposition.

I think it is important that acne is NOT life's way to punish us for a bad lifestyle. It is a by- product. So it is not a persons fault or failure that makes acne. It is probably not even a good indicator for healthy and unhealthy food, because there are tons of healthy things that make people break out, like many fruits and nuts.

Food triggered acne is not a sign for a person eating bad stuff, it is a sign that this person is eating things that are bad for his or her acne. And not everyone can cure acne with diet. Acne triggers are very individual, so a cure- all- solution is unlikely. We do not heal our acne with lifestyle changes, we suppress it because we avoid the triggers.

But generally , many really unhealthy foods seem to trigger acne. Because they have inflammatory influence pn our whole body.

BTW sorry for the OT

Actually acne can't be triggered by a food allergy, you're thinking of Rocasea. Acne is actually caused only by genetics and can by only made marginally worse by lifestyle (stress, health ect.) but genetics have the strongest pull. The inflammation in acne is actually an "over immune response" to the bacteria in the skin that proliferates with the plug of excess sebum. Literally every factor in acne is just the perfect storm of genetic traits all coming together

- Easily stimulated sebaceous glands (androgen sensitive)

- Producing too much sebum

- Pores that clog easily "keratinizing"

- Over immune response (inflammation)

Sorry but I would NEVER use a harsh scrub on acne prone skin. Any irritation on acne prone skin will (at least in my experience) cause more breakouts and redness. If you want to exfoliate, try chemical peels IMHO.

BTW.....when I had acne, BPO was still a prescription med here and up to today, and is still not allowed to be sold outside pharmacies. Not even clearasil or Paulas Choice products with BPO are sold here, we have completely different products.

According to my derm, it plays in the same league as other prescription meds, and is at least as effecive if not better. The only thing that seems to work relieably better than BPO is accutane, which I never wanted to try because I saw what it did to 2 people even years after taking it.

Oh that's not true. It doesn't cause more breakouts but it would definitely irritate the skin when it's that inflamed.

The only thing that can make acne "worse" is excess sebum. There are no sensors from the outside of the skin you know, that's a myth. You can not give your self "more acne" from using the wrong toner, scrub or cleanser.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 11/04/2013 7:42 am

You are actually saying similar things as me wink.png

But: I was never talking about food allergies.

There are foods that can totally influence your hormonal balance and through this, can influence your acne via sebum prodction . There are foods that contain hormones themselves or hormone-like substances , that can influence your acne.

There are inflammatory foods that can trigger your acne, not by sebum propduction but by the way your body reacts to it. There are things like caffeine that make your DHT levels go through the roof.

You cannot only reduce acne by sebum production. There are people with really dry skin that have acne as well. And there are people that are carying an oil film on their faces, and still do not get acne.

My dad is 63 and still breaks out from eating pork. I break out from fried foods and lemon/grapefruit/ orange juice, and although many people say food does not matter: it does for many.

There are no sensors outside the skin, but if you "hurt" or irritate your skin, it will lead to an increase on inflammatory cytokines in that area and those can worsen your acne by the way your body reacts to a clogged pore

Accutane can be helpful for many people, but it can also ruin their lifes if they are the ones that have to deal with long-term-effects. If it worked for you long-term and you did not have serious side effects I am hapy for you. But this does not mean that it will be as effective and safe for all other people.

As long as there's no scarring occuring, IMHO, I would always try all other possibilities before I go on accutane. This is a very strong med, not tic tacs.

MemberMember
(@naniman)

Posted : 11/04/2013 8:09 pm

I'd say yes but only because its spread out. The actual severity of the pimples themselves are not bad. dont let it shatter you though, have you seen a dermatoligist?

MemberMember
(@vanja0997)

Posted : 11/05/2013 11:24 am

I'd say yes but only because its spread out. The actual severity of the pimples themselves are not bad. dont let it shatter you though, have you seen a dermatoligist?

Yes i've been to a dermatologist . She gave me some pills and creams . My face looks alot better now , no more redness and active cysts.

MemberMember
(@dannyboy91)

Posted : 11/06/2013 6:08 pm

Good to hear your skin is getting better man hope it keeps improving... U actually have cool looking eyes sir I noticed them on your photo before i noticed your skin which I bet don't look severe in real life.

MemberMember
(@calumma)

Posted : 11/07/2013 3:43 am

That was the first thing I noticed too. If you say you have hurting cysts, your acne is more severe than one can tell from the pics. I think you are a handsome young man, and your acne does not look worse than a lot of acne faces I have seen around me when I was a teenager.