Notifications
Clear all

Need Advice To Get My Acne Under Control Again

MemberMember
(@elfantasma)

Posted : 10/02/2013 12:36 pm

Hello acne.org

I have been using the regimen for 2-3 years with 2-3 weeks off because of vacation. The regimen is usually able to keep my skin pretty clear, but the last 7-8 months I have been struggling to keep clear. I use the full amount of BP and Dans products twice a day. I get zits on my right/left cheeks, the area above the lips and on my chin. It's like theres a few new zits every week and it's driving me insane! It's like my healthy lifestyle is in vain when it comes to preventing acne.

I eat healthy: a lot of vegetables, lean meat, whole grain, no dairy, no sugar and only a couple of cups of coffee a day. I do take zinc 15mg, Vitamin D3 and Fish oil omega 3.

I don't normally eat junk food and if it happens it will be one time a month or so. I do a lot of exercise every week: cardio and weight lifting 4 times a week.

Why the hell am I struggling to keep clear now when I could keep pretty clear before? Is it because of my weight lifting? (I didn't do as much lifting before, but drank whey protein 2 times a day. I don't do that anymore and haven't been doing so for a month).

My type of acne is papules (most) and pustules.

I would appreciate if anybody could offer me a good piece of advice on this! whistling.gif) Thanks a lot.

Sorry for grammatical errors, i'm not a native speaker.

MemberMember
(@who-is-box)

Posted : 10/02/2013 2:47 pm

Drink decaf if you don't already, caffeine will cause breakouts. Well for me it does. Drink half your body weight in Fluid oz per day. Or try and have atleast 65+. Weight lifting can cause breakouts I believe, I just run, do pullups and pushups. Don't stress about it. I see people everyday with acne that look good and can pull off the look, maybe you can too.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/03/2013 11:07 pm

You could try cutting whole grains. If you have a sensitivity, that could be causing inflammatory acne.

But the stuff around your mouth and chin might be perioral dermatitis, caused by the benzoyl peroxide.