Notifications
Clear all

Best Moisturizer And Wash

MemberMember
(@lalaland24)

Posted : 10/02/2013 6:16 am

ususally i use a bar of soap to wash my face and back but recently my doctore said this is actually irritating my skin and making spots worse- so what do i actually use that will be good for my skin? but not harsh? also whats the best moisturizer for my face that wont clog pores?

MemberMember
(@zefferson)

Posted : 10/02/2013 10:58 am

It does really depend on the severity of your acne when choosing a cleanser or wash..

Something I find to work with a majority of my patients is a wash called 'phisohex'

Followed by the most commonly used and best rated moisturiser, 'cetaphil' moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/02/2013 12:24 pm

CeraVe Foaming Cleanser

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 10/04/2013 1:58 pm

I agree with your "doctore." Using bar soap on your face is basically skin-suicide. Indeed it depends on the bar and what's in it. To cleanse, I've used Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser (orange) and it's seemed to work fine. Moisturizer... look for something for sensitive skin that's very light (some brands or types can be insanely thick). Look into Eucerin SPF 30 Moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/04/2013 2:25 pm

I use a mild salicylic acid wash and CeraVe moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@millionvoices)

Posted : 10/04/2013 8:50 pm

Are you using any type of treatment for your acne after you wash your face? If so, you DON'T want to use a face wash that has any acne-preventing ingredients in it (like salicylic acid) because that's what your treatment is for. If you're not using any treatment for your acne, I guess you could use a face-wash with acne-preventing ingredients, but I highly doubt it will clear your skin long-term.

You want to use a face wash that is pure and is doing the only job it's supposed to: cleanse your face. I'd recommend a Cetaphil cleanser that suits your skin-type (they have one for oily skin, and a gentle one for normal or dry skin). These Cetaphil cleansers aren't meant for getting rid of your acne, they just cleanse your face like they're supposed to.They aren't harsh at all. I believe that CeraVe is the same as Cetaphil, but it's a generic brand, meaning that it's less expensive.

If you're looking for a face wash that WILL get rid of your acne, that's gonna be tough, because I seriously don't know anyone who got rid of their acne with a simple face wash.

Cetaphil (or CeraVe) moisturizers are great too because they're non-comedogenic, meaning that they won't clog your pores. Just pick one that suits your skin type smile.png

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/05/2013 10:36 am

Are you using any type of treatment for your acne after you wash your face? If so, you DON'T want to use a face wash that has any acne-preventing ingredients in it (like salicylic acid) because that's what your treatment is for. If you're not using any treatment for your acne, I guess you could use a face-wash with acne-preventing ingredients, but I highly doubt it will clear your skin long-term.

You want to use a face wash that is pure and is doing the only job it's supposed to: cleanse your face. I'd recommend a Cetaphil cleanser that suits your skin-type (they have one for oily skin, and a gentle one for normal or dry skin). These Cetaphil cleansers aren't meant for getting rid of your acne, they just cleanse your face like they're supposed to.They aren't harsh at all. I believe that CeraVe is the same as Cetaphil, but it's a generic brand, meaning that it's less expensive.

If you're looking for a face wash that WILL get rid of your acne, that's gonna be tough, because I seriously don't know anyone who got rid of their acne with a simple face wash.

Cetaphil (or CeraVe) moisturizers are great too because they're non-comedogenic, meaning that they won't clog your pores. Just pick one that suits your skin type smile.png

CeraVe is not the same as Cetaphil. CeraVe actually used to be a prescription product for people with skin issues.

CeraVe's formulation has remained the same even though you can now get it without a prescription. It contains ingredients that you typically can only get from higher end products.

Nothing wrong with Cetaphil, but if you want better ingredients at the same price point, I would highly recommend CeraVe.

MemberMember
(@nicklo62)

Posted : 10/05/2013 11:50 am

I have tried dozens of moisturizers, and they all suck. Even the ones that claim to be non comedogenic have ingredients that clog your pores. Most of them have dimethicone too, which seals your skin. The only one I've found that has the least ingredients is fruit of the earth 100% pure gel. The only thing with fruit of the earth, it doesn't work that great.

I combat my dry skin by not using soap in the first place, and using a humidifier in the winter. In fact the only place I'd use moisturizer on is my hands or feet.