Notifications
Clear all

Do Any Spot Treatments Work For Nodules?

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 09/14/2013 2:42 pm

I have had acne for 13 years and I haven't been able to find one thing that actually makes a nodule or cyst go away faster. I have tried the methods talked about on this website such as ice, aha, 10% BP, tea tree oil, crushed aspirin, oral aspirin, and nothing works.

The only thing that works is a cortisone shot but I can't run to the derm every single time I get a cyst plus the chance of atrophy. I also don't have health insurance anymore so I can't afford accutane. I am on a strict diet as well as a routine of Tazorac and Dan's BP which helps a lot but some cysts and nodules still manage to spring up.

I am scarring more frequently as I get older so I need some kind of solution. Could a strong steroid cream work? Any ideas would be great.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 09/14/2013 5:17 pm

In my experience there hasn't really been anything that helps those deep ones. Internal treatment is the way to go. I stopped getting cysts after I cleaned up my diet, so if you haven't tried that yet I would try it.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/14/2013 5:54 pm

20% salicylic acid (basically spot treating with an actual salicylic acid peel) used over several days SOMETIMES dissolves the top layer of skin enough that the white pus comes out.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/14/2013 6:48 pm

I had one of those on my chin the other day. The only thing that works for me is as soon as I notice it, I go and put my faucet on as hot as it gets. Then, I take a washcloth and put it under the water. I then repeatedly press the hot washcloth on the nodule (I do this for about 10 minutes, over and over). It makes the nodule go away a couple days quicker than it normally would, but definitely not overnight. It also take the pain away until I have to do it again. I do this morning and night until it goes away.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 09/14/2013 10:37 pm

I just started using this 3 days ago and it brought 2 cysts to a slight visible head within hours (squeezed and got all the gunk out), tried it again yesterday on a cyst I've had for 3 weeks and to my surprise, the pore had opened up when I woke up, and I was able to release most of the infection. Crush zinc CHELATE pill and mix with a bit of water and organic or manuka honey, place it on the cyst and allow it to dry for about an hour. Not sure if it'll work for you, but coincidentally, it helped me for each time I tried.

MemberMember
(@gilps24)

Posted : 09/16/2013 2:28 pm

Nixoderm usually takes down the swelling for me

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 09/17/2013 5:07 pm

I think someone else said this, but for me- a hot compress is the way to go. It got to the point where I just carried around a hot compress with me everywhere. As soon as I felt a nodule coming on, I'd heat up the compress and hold it on the pimple until the compress started to cool. Then I'd give it an hour, and then I'd repeat the process. I'd do this pretty much all day until I went to bed. I would only do this for a day or two at the most. It was the only thing (besides ibuprofen) that reduced the pain, and It would cut the healing time from weeks to a couple of days. It also reduces the swelling better in a pinch than ice or hydrocortisone by far!

hitea liked