Notifications
Clear all

Weird Hardness Under Skin?

MemberMember
(@tutupointe)

Posted : 09/12/2013 6:55 pm

Hey there!

So lately I've been eating better...no gluten, dairy, starchy foods (except for a small amount of sweet potato or yam almost every day, cause I am STARVING, losing weight, so I need something filling), minimal processed foods, and also using BP. Last week I started to see a REAL improvement. I was so happy! It seemed like my moderate acne on my cheeks was slowly clearing up.

However, a few days ago, I noticed these really sensitive hard lumps under my skin on my high cheeks, like under where dark circles would be. There is also a new one on my lower cheek. They are invisible.. there is no sign of acne being there, but they are hard, sensitive and must be deep cause I can't see them. I am freaking out. Is this a major breakout of cystic acne forming? My skin has been very dry lately due to BP. Is it a build up of dead skin cells?

Help! I'm freaking out!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/12/2013 10:00 pm

Sounds like cysts.

MemberMember
(@tutupointe)

Posted : 09/12/2013 10:46 pm

Sounds like cysts.

So does this mean pretty soon I am gonna have major visible cystic acne??

MemberMember
(@rheks)

Posted : 09/13/2013 6:58 am

Probably just a regular breakout, not from something in particular, hormonal?

MemberMember
(@2muchacne2littletime)

Posted : 09/13/2013 10:59 am

What have you started eating more of that you weren't eating as much of before? Potatoes? Any other starches or more gluten??

MemberMember
(@markrusell)

Posted : 09/13/2013 11:08 am

Wow ! it's sount great....wub.png

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

MemberMember
(@tutupointe)

Posted : 09/13/2013 3:57 pm

What have you started eating more of that you weren't eating as much of before? Potatoes? Any other starches or more gluten??

I've had a lot more sweet potatoes and yams... also, the gluten free waffles I eat every morning has potato starch in them... no gluten though. I'm now gluten free.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 09/17/2013 5:55 pm

You'll know if it's a cyst coming up if it's red and starts getting tender. Were there breakouts there before? You said you've been lose weight, it could possibly be fat deposits (sometimes your body stores fat in weird places when you lose weight rapidly). If it becomes noticeable in direct sunlight or gets bigger, I'd go to the derm.

Oh wait, I just saw you said they were tender, that makes me think they are very likely to be cysts. A hot compress might help cut healing time and keep them from getting big, but if they're already tender that means they'll just have to run their course :(