Notifications
Clear all

Tackling Acne On Every Level = Clear Skin?

MemberMember
(@robustmist)

Posted : 09/05/2013 12:45 pm

In the past few days my face has been clearing up AMAZINGLY. I've only been taking the saw palmetto supplement for 2 days, so it might not be that. Basically my new method it to tackle acne on every level.

For maintaining hygiene, I am using a Salicylic Acid based topical once every night.

For fighting bacteria, I am using topical Clindamycin twice a day.

For regulating hormones, I am taking a supplement containing Saw Palmetto and other hormone regulating herbs.

For regulating PPAR, I am taking Sesamin.

Am I doing this right? I have been clearing up tons the past few days but it may just be because I started Clindamycin. Has anyone else tried to beat acne by tackling it at every level?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 09/05/2013 3:35 pm

are you male or female? and what is sesamin?

and fingers crossed for you! how bad was your acne to begin with?

MemberMember
(@robustmist)

Posted : 09/05/2013 5:15 pm

are you male or female? and what is sesamin?

and fingers crossed for you! how bad was your acne to begin with?

Without any antibiotics my acne is severe, maybe bordering moderate. With antibiotics my acne is mild-moderate.

I am male. Males can have hormonal acne and males hormones do fluctuate, just not in a pattern like womens do.

The true results will come after a month or two. Also, I've been getting about 20-30 minutes of sun a day.

About sesamin: (copied from what a posted on another thread earlier)

Sesamin works pretty well IMO. If you do decide to order it, regulate yourself to 1 pill a day after dinner. Sesamin is actually intended to be a weight loss supplement. Bodybuilders were discovering that their acne was going away as a side effect from it. Here's some things I have found:

"Sesamin reduce my acne. I think is one of the best natural products for acne."

"yep, my acne (which wasnt too bad, never had it bad, just regular teenage stuff) cleared right up pretty much. Came back when I was done cutting/taking sesathin, now its pretty much gone as I guess Im past that stage. Sesathin is good ****"

"mine just cleared up completely...then when I ran out [of sesamin] I started to breakout again. I didn't make the connection until I realized this."