Notifications
Clear all

I Need "no Picking" Buddies!

MemberMember
(@affectivediet)

Posted : 09/04/2013 2:05 pm

I cant stop picking. I have quit my job as well.

MemberMember
(@mandarine)

Posted : 09/04/2013 2:43 pm

Thats literally what I do!!! when there is pretty much nothing there, i stand with my nose almost touching the mirror distance and really examine it all. then squeeze hoping i'll get some gunk out .. wtf is wrong with me!

God, I thought I was the only one sociopath doing that!

Sometimes I even imaginate pimples which are just tiny little relief without any colour on my skin.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/04/2013 6:44 pm

nope you really aren't the only one..

check out my forehead in this bad boy... this will be my motivation to get it looking almost flawless once again..

i think its true, squeezing spots leads to more spots. I could show you a photo of it before and there was 1 spot... now its like spread like a wild fire

going to the doctor on friday morning, see what creams or lotions would be good. BTW the photo was taken in the most harsh lighting and just after I had washed my face AND after putting on tea tree oil.. so yeah at its "worst" right now.

non the less at 26 y/o i shouldn't have a forehead like that haha. Ive created a monster! literally have to laugh or i'd prob jump off a bridge

ps those pubes are my hair, i used the hair dryer to lift it up like that, I dont like sleeping with hair on the skin. Not that 'at this' stage it could be a lot worse ..

post-111019-0-15586800-1378338276.jpg

post-111019-0-15586800-1378338276.jpg

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/04/2013 8:28 pm

I cant stop picking. I have quit my job as well.

Yes, picking is so hard to stop. Now that you have more time on your hands since you quit your job, you probably pick even more! That's what happened to me. I don't worry about the consequences of picking because I know that I have nowhere to go in the morning. We're here for support :)

Thats literally what I do!!! when there is pretty much nothing there, i stand with my nose almost touching the mirror distance and really examine it all. then squeeze hoping i'll get some gunk out .. wtf is wrong with me!

God, I thought I was the only one sociopath doing that!

Sometimes I even imaginate pimples which are just tiny little relief without any colour on my skin.

Yep...I make up pimples, too. :(

nope you really aren't the only one..

check out my forehead in this bad boy... this will be my motivation to get it looking almost flawless once again..

i think its true, squeezing spots leads to more spots. I could show you a photo of it before and there was 1 spot... now its like spread like a wild fire

going to the doctor on friday morning, see what creams or lotions would be good. BTW the photo was taken in the most harsh lighting and just after I had washed my face AND after putting on tea tree oil.. so yeah at its "worst" right now.

non the less at 26 y/o i shouldn't have a forehead like that haha. Ive created a monster! literally have to laugh or i'd prob jump off a bridge

ps those pubes are my hair, i used the hair dryer to lift it up like that, I dont like sleeping with hair on the skin. Not that 'at this' stage it could be a lot worse ..

I don't like sleeping with hair on my skin, either. I always put it back before I go to bed. I'm actually about to cut it into a pixie cut! :D So long as I can stop picking my skin for a while....ugh.

At least yours is just your forehead? I just went on a picking spree on my entire face. I was totally prepared to post a picture today, but I just can't bear to do it now that I look like a mess. Ugh...I do it when I'm stressed or bored. And I was both today! Hm...This morning I was thinking "Man, my skin is really healing up and I look great and my skin is so soft!" Now, it's a red, scary freakout warzone. And I bet there will be at least one active tomorrow that I'll want to pick. I'm going to do my tea tree water toner to try to avoid any actives.

Your forehead doesn't look all that bad, and like you said, it's after you washed it and put tea tree oil on it...so, I'm sure it's not even noticeable during the day. Anyway, I'm interested to know what they give you at the doctor's office.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/05/2013 5:46 am

Maybe you can use that as motivation? to get your new hair cut (: !

Well you know what, it is boredom and stress when I pick, and i'm yet to start my new job on monday! so hopefully if i don't pick from now (which I swear I wont) then i'll look 'normal' as possible by the time monday comes around.. and then as you say i wont be looking in the mirror all day, I'll come home and want to relax..

so yeah onwards and upwards.

and i will report what the doc says, i remember once they gave me azeliac acid cream and that worked at getting rid of the redness and spots, but i also remember it sort of making the skin dull and 'matt'.

this doctor ive not seen before so it will be interesting to see what he says. Plus as I am 26 they can hardly blame it on being 17-18

Oh and the marks are all over my face, just couldn't bear exposing my whole face in a photo.. I might buy some bb cream

please do upload a photo! cant be as bad as mine

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/05/2013 5:32 pm

Well you know what, it is boredom and stress when I pick, and i'm yet to start my new job on monday! so hopefully if i don't pick from now (which I swear I wont) then i'll look 'normal' as possible by the time monday comes around.. and then as you say i wont be looking in the mirror all day, I'll come home and want to relax..

and i will report what the doc says, i remember once they gave me azeliac acid cream and that worked at getting rid of the redness and spots, but i also remember it sort of making the skin dull and 'matt'.

this doctor ive not seen before so it will be interesting to see what he says. Plus as I am 26 they can hardly blame it on being 17-18

Oh and the marks are all over my face, just couldn't bear exposing my whole face in a photo.. I might buy some bb cream

Okay, since you've got a job starting Monday and I'd like to get my hair cut before a party I'm going to next Friday, let's say no picking at least until Next Friday.

That means you've got to get through a week of work without picking at your skin and I've got to get through a week of...sitting here...without picking. What do you think?

I'll take a photo tonight then and post it. If you've taken a look at my gallery, you can see that I've been clear before so it's a little humiliating showing how I've pretty much completely regressed.

My doctors say it's completely hormonal because I'm 23-- and so I'm on birth control for it all. And I think the birth control is actually helping regulate my hormones, but I wish I could stop messing with my face long enough to know for sure.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/05/2013 6:15 pm

Okay, since you've got a job starting Monday and I'd like to get my hair cut before a party I'm going to next Friday, let's say no picking at least until Next Friday.

That means you've got to get through a week of work without picking at your skin and I've got to get through a week of...sitting here...without picking. What do you think?

I'll take a photo tonight then and post it. If you've taken a look at my gallery, you can see that I've been clear before so it's a little humiliating showing how I've pretty much completely regressed.

My doctors say it's completely hormonal because I'm 23-- and so I'm on birth control for it all. And I think the birth control is actually helping regulate my hormones, but I wish I could stop messing with my face long enough to know for sure.

Ok so, i picked 2 today, but very carefully. Either way i've come to the realisation i have a serious problem in that i cannot leave a 'spot' alone on my facial skin or anywhere on my body for that matter..

so it literally comes down to be not breaking out again which is unrealistic, so i need to address this mental state of mind and overcome it. I truly believe it comes down to will power.

i accept your challenge and i may have a date for next weekend, in which case i would like to look good.. Yeah it is humiliating what i have done to my skin to, considering ive had it flawless on my forehead for a long time.. so it is truly self inflicted.

yeah it would be hormal based. i have a feeling its to do with the fact my skin gets dry, the hairs try to lubricate themselves to come through the skin, which is dry, a spot is formed, and i pick it.

yet i cannot do anything to help that since ANY moisturiser breaks me out sooner or later.

post the photo if you want to.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 09/05/2013 7:25 pm

Ok so, i picked 2 today, but very carefully. Either way i've come to the realisation i have a serious problem in that i cannot leave a 'spot' alone on my facial skin or anywhere on my body for that matter..

so it literally comes down to be not breaking out again which is unrealistic, so i need to address this mental state of mind and overcome it. I truly believe it comes down to will power.

i accept your challenge and i may have a date for next weekend, in which case i would like to look good.. Yeah it is humiliating what i have done to my skin to, considering ive had it flawless on my forehead for a long time.. so it is truly self inflicted.

yeah it would be hormal based. i have a feeling its to do with the fact my skin gets dry, the hairs try to lubricate themselves to come through the skin, which is dry, a spot is formed, and i pick it.

yet i cannot do anything to help that since ANY moisturiser breaks me out sooner or later.

Oh yay, good luck on your date, that's exciting!

I have the same problem with moisturisers.. the only one I've found that doesn't after ages of searching is the botani boost balancing moisturiser, but I'm not sure if that's available in the UK!

I picked last night :(

I had two healing spots on my face and I picked the scabs off and then picked at the healing spot underneath so that my makeup would go on better. I felt bad after doing it though, so hopefully I'll keep associating picking with negativity and it'll put me off!

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/05/2013 8:49 pm

I'll post it in an hour or two before I go to sleep.

I have a serious problem as well. I just can't let a zit "be." But starting today, for our challenge, I'm going to let my skin heal. Just like any other wound. And we'll see the difference on Friday. I'm gonna keep my skin care very simple.

Will power is key!

I have the same problem with moisturisers.. the only one I've found that doesn't after ages of searching is the botani boost balancing moisturiser, but I'm not sure if that's available in the UK!

I picked last night sad.png

I had two healing spots on my face and I picked the scabs off and then picked at the healing spot underneath so that my makeup would go on better. I felt bad after doing it though, so hopefully I'll keep associating picking with negativity and it'll put me off!

I do the same thing-- I rationalize picking because I want my face to look better in makeup. When in reality, I just don't want to have to wear makeup.

I think we should try to adopt the idea that having a zit (or ten) really isn't such a big deal. Picking isn't an option, just healing.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/05/2013 10:16 pm

Well... There we go! My start point. Of course this is right after I picked like crazy. Especially under my mouth on the left side and on my chin on the left side. This is definitely motivation... Meh also, the red marks on my cheeks are actually flat and not active. Old picked marks...

post-156579-0-70350300-1378437251.jpg

post-156579-0-59705100-1378437270.jpg

post-156579-0-67088400-1378437283.jpg

post-156579-0-70350300-1378437251.jpg

post-156579-0-59705100-1378437270.jpg

post-156579-0-67088400-1378437283.jpg

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/06/2013 5:11 am

thanks for sharing the pics, i know its difficult..

also i know you have a bf, but i'll say it anyway, you are really pretty, beautiful face shape and lips.

you are like me in the sense that you know if you stop picking it will at least look 80% better, and we will have to learn to live with 1 or 2 spots. otherwise when you pick to make those one or two spots to look "better" you ALWAYS end up with marks PLUS another 1 or 2 spots will soon enough emerge, and the circle repeats until it looks like poop.

Anyway i went to the doc he was really helpful and listened to what i had to say, he wants me to try dermo lotion (think thats its name), which he prescribed me, however...

between coming out of his room and filling out a questionnaire, i managed to lose my prescription... so going to have to wait until tomorrow pm to pick it up, which is ok by me. Swear it was in my back pocket... grrr. more frustrated at losing it and not knowing wtf happened to it than having to wait

He said dermatologists use it on themselves after shaving or as a moisturiser, it kills bacteria and stops the irritation and plugs of sebum (which is the bodies way of trying to lubricate the hair) esp when you have a beard..

I hope this works (could take up to 3 weeks to notice a difference), worth a go! just got to wait until tomorrow pm to pick it up.

Still kicking myself for losing that piece of paper. ijnfriouwnvw[uienwo[unfouewounve < anger

EDIT

so, went back down and sorted it, picked up the prescription paper (new one) and went to my local phamacy, its called dermo lotion 500. basically can be used as either a moisturiser or a face wash (or both?) it contains chemicals that kill bacteria (antimicrobial) and is used for dry skin and dermatitis, eczema etc

really hope this is the key!

going to be using this as a moisturiser as the doc said, and going to use it in conjunction with my loreal black charcoal face wash, which i bought on a whim (which for now, seems to actually be working! marks fading, tighter pores etc)

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/06/2013 9:35 am

I picked last night sad.png

thanks! i havent officially arranged it with her yet, only just started talking to her actually! but have dropped the seed that i will take her out if she plays it right lol.

not heard of botani, but happy for you that it works.. i have tried so so so many its actually a joke. so trying the one my doc has prescribed me. he was really good actually, listened to what i had to say, used knowledge passed to him from dermatologists to help people who come to him with the problem i have.

Dont worry about picking last night. I swear its actually human instinct to pick at things on the skin, look at monkeys! only thing is, we know better. i truly believe that once you dont pick for ages, see the improvement, you will find picking 'horrible'. i have grown my nails for the first time since i was like 7 years old and nothing makes me want to pick them now, it seems odd to do so.. :/ after that many years i suddenly just lost that urge... !

yeah there is always that, trying to make it smooth so its less obvious and easier to cover. problem is, it scars the skin, I have done this and WISH i had never touched it.

all i can pray for is that over time the skin will naturally renew itself and bring new healthy skin to the surface and remove the superficial marks and dents.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/06/2013 10:04 am

aw, thank you for the compliment blush.png I'm sure looking forward to the improvement from not picking my face! I just don't want to contribute to anymore lingering red marks.

that's awesome that your dermatologist was understanding! Losing the prescription is definitely something that would happen to me...haha, glad you were able to get it sorted pretty quickly! I haven't gotten a written prescription in such a long time-- the doctors usually just call the prescription into the pharmacy so people can just go in and pick it up without any paper or slip. It sounds like the antibiotic moisturizer will be perfect for you especially because moisturizers break you out! I hope it works!!

Do let us know how asking your girl on a date goes! Relationship beginnings are so much fun!

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/06/2013 11:26 am

aw, thank you for the compliment blush.png I'm sure looking forward to the improvement from not picking my face! I just don't want to contribute to anymore lingering red marks.

that's awesome that your dermatologist was understanding! Losing the prescription is definitely something that would happen to me...haha, glad you were able to get it sorted pretty quickly! I haven't gotten a written prescription in such a long time-- the doctors usually just call the prescription into the pharmacy so people can just go in and pick it up without any paper or slip. It sounds like the antibiotic moisturizer will be perfect for you especially because moisturizers break you out! I hope it works!!

Do let us know how asking your girl on a date goes! Relationship beginnings are so much fun!

Yeah me to, I will be much happier when they have gone, i think i'm prepared to deal with spots now better and not let them get to me, provided these marks bugger off asap!

Yeah it was just a GP wasnt a dermatologist as such, just he mentioned he spoke with some derms and its what they use!

will let you know how it goes, I have to somehow keep her interested enough until next weekend and then see what happens. Will ask her soon though see what she says. Been single for like 3 years ! think its time to meet someone

MemberMember
(@abcd96)

Posted : 09/06/2013 2:04 pm

Hi! My name is Alice and I'm 17. I won't bother giving a full introduction as I already have here:

How have you been doing today?

I'm about to get my period so I have a few new spots on my face, namely two on my forehead and two on my chin. I popped one on my forehead today, but didn't touch the others. I also pulled one of the scabs a bit irresponsibly, but stopped before doing damage.

post-178889-0-00077000-1378492946.jpg

Here's a picture of my obviously makeup-less chin, as it's by far the worst area in my face. In fact, my cheeks and nose are very clear, and so is my forehead except of course the two new zits. So, as you can see I have 3 big scabs.The one on the left and the lower one on the right are about 1 week old and are now almost invisible under makeup, as most of it is just hyperpigmentation left from picking. The other one, however, is this massive hole I dug about 2 weeks ago after an anxiety attack, It's healing, but I think it will be another 2 weeks until it's all gone. The smaller ones will probably take a couple of days.

It's been a very good week, with just minor picking. What has been working for me is: avoiding mirrors (especially hand mirrors), keeping my routine minimal (washing twice a day, applying salt+olive oil to the scabs and benzoyl peroxide before bed) and policing my thoughts to avoid overthinking about my skin (which triggers picking).

What I have learnt the past week is that if you let your body do its job, you're good. If you had no mirrors for a full year, your scabs would heal, wouldn't they? Picking just leaves you powerless, unhappy, and with bad skin.

Hope you all do well today :)

post-178889-0-00077000-1378492946.jpg

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/06/2013 2:28 pm

Hey alice, welcome to the crazy thread lol (kidding) yea it seems you also pick too much as well! your cheeks are good though which is awesome.

You are right though, if you do just leave it alone the skin WILL heal, its an old machine in terms of evolution, and it knows better than anything how to heal.

Have you ever read 'stop picking on me'? google it if not! scares you into not ever touching your face again.

have you thought about not using olive oil salt etc etc? Reason I ask is because olive oil in my opinion clogs pores and causes deep spots. least it did when i tried it

MemberMember
(@abcd96)

Posted : 09/06/2013 5:00 pm

Hey alice, welcome to the crazy thread lol (kidding) yea it seems you also pick too much as well! your cheeks are good though which is awesome.

You are right though, if you do just leave it alone the skin WILL heal, its an old machine in terms of evolution, and it knows better than anything how to heal.

Have you ever read 'stop picking on me'? google it if not! scares you into not ever touching your face again.

have you thought about not using olive oil salt etc etc? Reason I ask is because olive oil in my opinion clogs pores and causes deep spots. least it did when i tried it

I have read stop picking on me, it worked moderately haha.

I found the olive oil works very well on me, I have been very cautious to see if areas where I apply it get clogged, and they don't. The weird thing is, these huge spots weren't really big zits, just tiny bumps that I picked on obsessively. My acne is very mild now, I guess it's just an anxiety problem.

By the way, I squeezed one of the new spots =( I feel guilty now, but I guess that's the disorder, right? Picking - feeling guilty - picking again to relieve the anxiety? So I decided to stop beating myself up and take it one step at a time. At least I waited until it was ready-ish to be popped, and wasn't too forceful. I'll know better next time and wait for the full cycle to happen by itself.

I forgot mentioning something: have you ever tried going dairy-free? I have for the past week, and my first new spots appeared only yesterday although they were obviously hormonal. I'm not sure if it does have anything to do with switching up the diet, but I think it might be worth a try.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/06/2013 5:13 pm

When I read "stop picking on me," I thought it was going to work completely. However, it worked for about a day or two....haha

Alice, you have quite a lovely skin tone :)

I think a minimal skin routine is such a great idea. It's been helping me get in and out of the bathroom quickly. I just washed my face with Dove soap this morning and then did my makeup as usual. Hopefully leaving my skin alone will let it heal from the redness and the active scabs.

The guilt of picking is really the most painful part of all of this...well, and the red face afterwards.

I'm (mostly-90%) dairy free, too. Going completely Paleo has helped me in the past, but not to an extremely noticeable degree. I meant to go Paleo again, but I've really just upped my veggie intake by a lot. I'm mostly vegetarian with some fish thrown in every now and again.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/06/2013 5:41 pm

goood replies!

don't worry about picking that one, like you said one step at a time. I don't believe many people in the world don't pick/squeeze a spot if they have got a juicy one.

And yea I am dairy free and gluten free - I have a dairy intolerance so haven't had it for years - no milk, no pizza :( nothing! And i have recently started the Paleo diet and loving it so far.

feels good eating loads of meat and veg and cashews.

I too am loving my simple regime, Charcoal wash, and dermol lotion. simples!

btw i am seriously amazed with the loreal charcoal wash, i actually look forward to using it haha

MemberMember
(@abcd96)

Posted : 09/06/2013 5:59 pm

Cool that you both do Paleo! I'd never be able to do that, as I eat loads of beans and grains.

post-178889-0-42671000-1378508104.jpg

Here's a pic of me with makeup (and headphones) on. I think you can see more clearly how big the actual scabs are.

And heitea, thank you for the lovely comment! You're very beautiful (I was honestly going to comment on that, but then I forgot to ;) lol)

post-178889-0-42671000-1378508104.jpg

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/06/2013 6:20 pm

haha i already beat you to it!

ahh your skin is nice! just if you hadnt have picked as hard...! redness and everything has gone down loads. its not even that bad now honestly

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 09/06/2013 7:59 pm

Charcoal wash is supposed to be awesome. I've read lots of great things about it! Calming and antimicrobial. Hm, maybe I'll try it out. Although, I'm waiting on some natural cleanser with chamomile from Canada...but it's taking forever to get here. Darn you, Canada!! (Oops, my mom's Canadian...)

Alice, like you said, your scabs will be gone in less than a week or two. Just let them heal and don't create any more. Then just think of how much more beautiful your skin will be (and it's really nice to begin with!). I've been thinking today about how the body can heal itself. It's a really comforting thought, actually.

And thanks guys... I can feel myself blushing from the compliments and it's not helping my redness any. :P

A super common theme in our posts:

LET THE BODY HEAL ITSELF. DON'T CREATE MORE WOUNDS.

w00t.gif

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/07/2013 3:57 am

Charcoal wash is supposed to be awesome. I've read lots of great things about it! Calming and antimicrobial. Hm, maybe I'll try it out. Although, I'm waiting on some natural cleanser with chamomile from Canada...but it's taking forever to get here. Darn you, Canada!! (Oops, my mom's Canadian...)

Alice, like you said, your scabs will be gone in less than a week or two. Just let them heal and don't create any more. Then just think of how much more beautiful your skin will be (and it's really nice to begin with!). I've been thinking today about how the body can heal itself. It's a really comforting thought, actually.

And thanks guys... I can feel myself blushing from the compliments and it's not helping my redness any. tongue.png

A super common theme in our posts:

LET THE BODY HEAL ITSELF. DON'T CREATE MORE WOUNDS.

w00t.gif

Yeah honestly, I bought it when buying shaving foam in the men section. I normally stay away from nivea/loreal/etc etc but saw it on tv, they claimed 74% of guys liked it. so thought, well those figures don't lie, bought it as it was what £3.99 (cheapest thing ive bought) and it turns out, its stunning! smells lush, i love that its black then turns white when rubbed in! doesn't dry my sensitive skin, makes it feel fresh, removes roughness, reduces redness. yes its that good.

I dont believe in natural cleansers *if they contain oils etc because for me, they all break me out. Its odd, this cheap loreal charcoal wash has colours, parabens, fragrance and my skin loves it lol!

haha wish I could see the blushing! I didnt ask that girl out just yet because she seemed a bit distant and was getting ready to go out last night, so left her to it!

Let the body heal, be gentle with your skin even when washing it, don't rub hard ever! any skin aggravation will only cause us aggravation.

edit- when i look at my skin closely i can see that i've not caused pitted ice pick scars but there is certainly damage and very superficial marks which overall contribute to the skin not looking 'nice'. do you have that? will these marks fade or will it be permanent? so ashamed of this damage i've caused. Wish I never touched it

they are sort of very minor depressions in the skin, not major but are sort of darker than the unaffected surrounding skin if you know what I mean

MemberMember
(@abcd96)

Posted : 09/07/2013 11:32 am

I have no scars at all, I guess because my acne is mostly non-inflammatory. In my experience, when I go to town on one spot it makes some sort of hole on the skin, a scab forms and it takes a couple of weeks to peel off. Then there is just this hyperpigmentation left, and that's what takes a few months to fade.

My mom, however, had severe acne on her teens and has now many ice pick scars on her cheeks. So, from what I can tell, the scars depend mostly on your acne, and not on your picking. The "scars" from picking eventually fade or grow unnoticeable.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 09/07/2013 1:43 pm

I have no scars at all, I guess because my acne is mostly non-inflammatory. In my experience, when I go to town on one spot it makes some sort of hole on the skin, a scab forms and it takes a couple of weeks to peel off. Then there is just this hyperpigmentation left, and that's what takes a few months to fade.

My mom, however, had severe acne on her teens and has now many ice pick scars on her cheeks. So, from what I can tell, the scars depend mostly on your acne, and not on your picking. The "scars" from picking eventually fade or grow unnoticeable.

yeah this seems true. i've had 2 inflammatory spots that have left scars but i picked them as well which probably didn't help.. i think your genetics and skin type play a role as well. both my parents have good skin.

basically look in the mirror with a bright light pointing down from right above your face, tilt your head and get very very close to the mirror, and try and get the sideways shine from the light, then you will be able to look closely and see if your skin is flawless or if it has depressed/raised parts.

hopefully my skin will completely heal with this new gentle regime and no picking and new diet!

i think though, where i had that rather deep spot that got in-flammed on my front cheek (next to nose) and i squeezed it till it came out.. i think this will always be a mark/scar because when i do that head tilt thing i can see its slightly depressed like a minor minor chicken poc scar..

oh and that was caused by using emu oil...great. which at the time i thought was healing my skin and evening the skin tone, yet it was actually wrecking havoc. All these years and trying to find different moisturisers has caused my skin to clog up, cause me to pick it, leaving marks.

hopefully now i have found what works and its a case of healing from now into the future for good