Notifications
Clear all

Pantothenic Acid Works For Me

MemberMember
(@blackbettybambalam)

Posted : 08/31/2013 5:12 pm

Hey all, I had acne from age 12 to my early 20's and I wanted to share what has worked best for me.

About a year ago I started megadosing on pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) and my face cleared up within a week. It greatly reduced the amount of oil and sebum my skin produced as well.

I tried everything, including accutane, and this by far is the best method i've used up to date.

If you have tried this, post here. And if you decide to try it, post here as you go so people can get a feel for how effective it is with different people and different skin types. (Mine is oily and I get blackhead and cystic acne...mod/severe)

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 09/07/2013 1:54 am

B5 works for acne for a lot of people but megadosing can cause hair loss.

MemberMember
(@blackbettybambalam)

Posted : 09/07/2013 9:13 am

B5 works for acne for a lot of people but megadosing can cause hair loss.

It hasn't for me so far, and I take quite a bit. Accutane definitely caused a ton of hairloss.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 09/07/2013 9:25 am

I megadose on b5 for six months best months of my life no acne no oil. I stop b5 cause too many pills and I didn't want to take it everyday for the rest of my life.

The oil cameback no acne still I'm trying a different approach to stop sebum from coming out too much.

D3 seems to be helping but too soon to know.

It didn't cause any hairloss for me.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 09/07/2013 9:58 am

Very eager to try! I also researched a little further to see if I could get a large amount of B5 from foods, and I'm out of luck because all of them are either really disgusting (mushrooms.. blek!) or I can't digest them (gluten/milk)!!

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-pantothenic-acid-vitamin-B5.php

I could just eat A LOT of fish, sunflower seeds and avocados (which are great in a million different ways)!