Notifications
Clear all

Can Bp Stop An Under-Skin (Upcoming) Zit I Can Feel?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/28/2013 12:47 am

i can feel a bump under the skin and its slightly red (the skin above) but its not yet a zit as such.

i think its hormonal(i noticed it just before that day but may be its been forming for a while unnoticed).

i had applied(spot treated) that area of under-skin bump benzoyl peroxide(3.5% aqueous gel that i have)

i mean to apply it again,say twice a day or more.

will it help stop the zit from forming?

does BP stop upcoming zits/cysts(small)/bumps from forming/coming up to surface?

*edit*

its not a huge cyst that i suspect but i would definitely call it a bump under the skin that if comes to surface would become a nodule.i dnt use anything on my whole face except for faceclin gel(clindamycin + nicotinamide gel) as spot treatment.

i've got this pustule on my right cheek now(it was a clogged pore for almost a year now)

and last night i saw a reddish area (on the left cheek)and while cleansing when i touched it felt like a small bump under the skin.

i applied bp at night.

this is the elaborate story,

my question actually is

if i keep applying bp and faceclin(twice a day as usual) will the acne still come to surface and become a full fledged zit?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/28/2013 4:49 am

its not a huge cyst that i suspect but i would definitely call it a bump under the skin that if comes to surface would become a nodule.

i dnt use anything on my whole face except for faceclin gel(clindamycin + nicotinamide gel) as spot treatment.

i've got this pustule on my right cheek now(it was a clogged pore for almost a year now)

and last night i saw a reddish area and while cleansing when i touched it felt like a small bump under the skin.

i applied bp at night.

my question actually is

if i keep applying bp and faceclin(twice a day as usual) will the acne still come to surface and become a full fledged zit?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/28/2013 6:50 am

It may make it heal faster or not grow to be as big as it might have been without BP but I think if you can feel it already, then it's on its way. But hopefully the BP will make it smaller and heal faster.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/28/2013 8:35 am

comment by melmel87 on my blog post:

It can prevent acne from forming if you use it continuously by keeping your pores from becoming clogged. Sounds like you have a cyst forming in which case you would want it to come to a head, it's much more difficult to treat acne that stays under the skin. My experience with using BP and cysts though is that it is a slow process, BP will slowly dry up the cyst but even then sometimes it leaves a bump under the skin. The hope is that following the regimen will help prevent new acne from forming. For cystic acne you should try using BP during the day and either aha or a retinol at night to speed up the cellular turnover, helps a lot with those under the skin ones. I would spot treat at night mixing the bp with one of those two though.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/28/2013 8:59 am

comment by melmel87 on my blog post:

It can prevent acne from forming if you use it continuously by keeping your pores from becoming clogged. Sounds like you have a cyst forming in which case you would want it to come to a head, it's much more difficult to treat acne that stays under the skin. My experience with using BP and cysts though is that it is a slow process, BP will slowly dry up the cyst but even then sometimes it leaves a bump under the skin. The hope is that following the regimen will help prevent new acne from forming. For cystic acne you should try using BP during the day and either aha or a retinol at night to speed up the cellular turnover, helps a lot with those under the skin ones. I would spot treat at night mixing the bp with one of those two though.

my reply :

thank you for commenting.

actually,its not a huge cyst that i suspect but i would definitely call it a bump under the skin that if comes to surface would become a nodule.

i dnt use anything on my whole face except for faceclin gel(clindamycin + nicotinamide gel) as spot treatment.

and last night i saw a reddish area and while cleansing when i touched it felt like a small bump under the skin.

i applied bp at night.

my question actually is

damn i have trip tomorrow on.

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/28/2013 10:02 am

I would say that the BP is more likely to bring it to the surface but as Lilly75 said it should be smaller and heal faster because the BP will dry it out.

If you're desperate to minimise its impact then I would suggest maybe applying a hot compress a few times a day as this can help drain and reduce the size of cysts that are sitting under your skin. In terms of the products you're using the nicotinamide is a better bet than the BP for reducing the severity of particular spots because it is an anti-inflammatory.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/28/2013 1:08 pm

I would say that the BP is more likely to bring it to the surface but as Lilly75 said it should be smaller and heal faster because the BP will dry it out.

If you're desperate to minimise its impact then I would suggest maybe applying a hot compress a few times a day as this can help drain and reduce the size of cysts that are sitting under your skin. In terms of the products you're using the nicotinamide is a better bet than the BP for reducing the severity of particular spots because it is an anti-inflammatory.

thank you moonlitriver.

i am trying to worry less as the time approaches because its not really gonna help me eh!

i thank everyone who responded.

and i will keep updating as soon as i can on what my spot is upto!

thanks again!

MemberMember
(@splodge2)

Posted : 07/28/2013 2:17 pm

Hey ppl,

I have these weird under skin bumps on my face and I have no idea how to get rid of them.

I'm not 100% sure whether they're acne or heat rash.

Here's a pic.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b9ed13775c&view=att&th=140267c65a23adc7&attid=0.2&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-MyEc9xQ72587oMLLDOlEI&sadet=1375039044256&sads=7u38o-szelpQkLNRaoY-jOXuWIk

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/28/2013 6:23 pm

Hope it all turns out well aanabill! Try not to stress about it - it'll just make you feel worse and we know stress can contribute to acne so try and relax and enjoy your trip :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/30/2013 10:43 am

Hope it all turns out well aanabill! Try not to stress about it - it'll just make you feel worse and we know stress can contribute to acne so try and relax and enjoy your trip smile.png

thanks lily.

Hey ppl,

I have these weird under skin bumps on my face and I have no idea how to get rid of them.

I'm not 100% sure whether they're acne or heat rash.

Here's a pic.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b9ed13775c&view=att&th=140267c65a23adc7&attid=0.2&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-MyEc9xQ72587oMLLDOlEI&sadet=1375039044256&sads=7u38o-szelpQkLNRaoY-jOXuWIk

thats a mail attachment i suppose.

u would want to upload another picture here and also, start a new thread on ur issue(although i wish u get help here)

cheers!