Notifications
Clear all

Some Questions Re My Acne. Plz Help!

MemberMember
(@walrusishappy)

Posted : 07/27/2013 3:53 pm

K so here's my story. I started having acne in early 2010. At first it wasn't that bad. The only thing that bugged me was the scars/hyper-pigmentation that lingered on my face. I thought that was just a phase that I had to go through, so I didn't use any medication. I stopped breaking in early 2011. With only a couple scars on my face, I thought I was done with acne. Boy was I wrong : ( My face exploded with acne starting August 2011. It was so bad that both my cheeks were covered with acne/acne scars. I also had moderate acne on my chest and back. It was so bad that even my dentist suggested that I see a derm. So I did. The derm put me on Accutane and told me to use Retin-A afterwards. Despite some nasty side effects, Accutane worked like a wonder. I started taking it in Feb, 2012, and by May my friends were already telling how much my skin had improved. I stayed clear ever since until this June, 2013. I went to China for a trip and started breaking out horribly. I thought it was the climate and it would get better when I came back. However, I'm still breaking out now that I'm back. So here are my questions:

1. I've ordered The Regiment as I don't wanna take Accutane again for its serious side effects, but based on what has happened, should I take it again just in case it gets really bad?

2. Different from last time, I don't have any acne on my chest and back. It's just my cheeks. What's more weird is that my right face is a lot worse than my left. I get 2-3 pimples every now and then on my left but 5-10 on my right every time it breaks out. Why is that? Does breaking out on your right face indicate anything specifically?

3. Why do the scars linger on my face? Some of my friends who also have acne don't have this problem. Once the pimple is gone, there's no redness or anything left. What's good for reducing scars and hyper pigmentation?

Thank you in advance! : )

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/27/2013 4:42 pm

If you breakout on your right side of your face. It can be due to how your sleeping. When I sleep on my left side I get pimples on my right and when I sleep on my left I get pimples on my right. So I sleep on my back.

I've tried every product from the dermatologist. I spent over $600 on different things, from tazorac to antibiotics. And nothing, Its really depressing to think the derm is your solution and it doesn't end up working.

I been sharing with this forum aspirem benzoyl peroxide. Its a life saver. I wish I had used this years ago.

Its 3% benzoyl peroxide and I cant believe that extra .5% makes such a huge difference. 5% don't work for me nor 10%.

MemberMember
(@walrusishappy)

Posted : 07/27/2013 4:57 pm

If you breakout on your right side of your face. It can be due to how your sleeping. When I sleep on my left side I get pimples on my right and when I sleep on my left I get pimples on my right. So I sleep on my back.

I've tried every product from the dermatologist. I spent over $600 on different things, from tazorac to antibiotics. And nothing, Its really depressing to think the derm is your solution and it doesn't end up working.

I been sharing with this forum aspirem benzoyl peroxide. Its a life saver. I wish I had used this years ago.

Its 3% benzoyl peroxide and I cant believe that extra .5% makes such a huge difference. 5% don't work for me nor 10%.

I'm aware of how I sleep can affect my acne, and I've been consciously trying to sleep on my back and change my pillowcase often, so that's prolly not the reason. Thanks for replying though!

I will see how Dan's regimen works for me. If not, I will give aspirem benzoyl peroxide a try.