Notifications
Clear all

Tried To Pop Cystic Acne...

MemberMember
(@whatatodo)

Posted : 05/22/2013 12:26 pm

So my skin has been clear for a while, but the other day I woke up with a massive red bump in the middle of my head. It hasn't come to a head but in desperation I tried to pop it (I know, I know, bad idea :() anyway I wrapped my fingers in tissue but when I squeezed it all that happened was a load of blood and clear fluid came out. its bleeding and red, and when I press on it it feels like there's a hard lump underneath. Should I try to draw out any more puss (if so how) or just leave it be. Is there anything I can put on it to make it heal faster ? preferably home remedies as I do not have any bp (local pharmacy only gives it on prescription).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/22/2013 12:50 pm

We've all be there bud lol. It's not fun, and you can't make it instantaeously go away. Next time, ice it instead of trying to pop it. This is my thread on how I ice bad cysts

But for now, it is probably red, inflamed, and painful.

Step 1)

Don't try to pop or squeeze it anymore.

Step 2)

Gently ice using the routine I posted above. This works well to reduce inflammation and drive the cyst down, and is effective both before squeezing and after you've messed with it.

Step 3)

This helps me, but some others have seen no effect. If you have original Milk of Magnesia, use a cotton ball or toilet paper to dab some on the spot before you go to bed tonight and maybe even during the day too. It will dry slightly white, so it is effective in concealing the redness of the zit and it will further dry out the area and reduce the inflammation

If you do these I'd imagine you can get it significantly less red and swollen in 36-48 hours. Good Luck, and remember if you get one like this again to just gently ice it and NOT squeeze it :)

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 05/22/2013 1:50 pm

Put lavender oil on it and it will be gone in no time :)

MemberMember
(@rinakaushik)

Posted : 05/22/2013 1:56 pm

Try turmeric paste overnight. Worked for me once as the zit scabbed. But it left a red mark.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/22/2013 2:18 pm

Leave it and use one if the above posters remedies. I don't know much about cysts, but I know popping them can cause scarring.

Hope it heals up nicely :)