Notifications
Clear all

What Am I Doing Wrong?

MemberMember
(@billtabas)

Posted : 05/16/2013 3:49 pm

Hi I'm a 18 year old male who had an acne problem for the last 6 years. Almost one year ago I visited a well respected dermatologist who gave me some advice on how to take care of my acne. She gave me a one month pill of something (can't remember what, don't use anymore) to take once a day. As well as epiduo to use at night and CeraVe to use in the morning. Here is my routine

In the morning I'll wash my face with warm water, dry it out lightly with a towel, place a little bit of CeraVe on my face and I'm done.

I'll take a shower around 7:00, but I don't really apply anything to my face.

At night I'll do exactly what I did in the morning except this time I use Epiduo

It's been around a year, It seems to help the appearance of acne to diminish a little, however they still appear often enough. My main problem is that the scars haven't really seemed to have diminished at all. I try to eat the right food and drink enought water. Also my face always feels really greasy Recently I started working at mcdonalds. Though I make sure not to touch my face, acne appears to pop up a little more frequently. So what am I doing wrong??? Am I washing my face not frequently enough? Should I wash off the CeraVe/Epiduo after I apply it? Should I try something else? I have another appointment with my dermatologist in two weeks. Should I ask her anything?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

MemberMember
(@ruweyda)

Posted : 05/17/2013 2:27 am

your washing your face two times right? morning and evening which is what yur suppose to do lol

i think whats making yu breakout is working under so much heat yu kno coz i noticed if i work in a hot environment i tend to breakout and my face gets oily and red (not a very pleasant feeling) and yu should definitely ask yur derm, talk to her about everything its better than nothing and good luck i hope yur skin becames flawless comfort.gif

MemberMember
(@billtabas)

Posted : 05/17/2013 11:40 pm

what should I do about the greasy skin?

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 05/18/2013 6:16 pm

what should I do about the greasy skin?

you can't really do much but you could take a vitamin A supplement or just blot your face during the day.

your dermatologist could probably prescribe you a topical to help it?