Notifications
Clear all

Small Acne Cyst (How To Get Rid Of)

MemberMember
(@semiwestern)

Posted : 05/16/2013 11:44 am

Ok I'm finally back on my second course of accutane (been on it for about a month now), and my acne has been doing mostly way better already. Occasionally I'll get some small spots, but for the most part its doing way better.

However, I do have a small cyst on the left side of my face that refuses to get better. At first I just thought it was a small spot, but it's definitely a small cyst. Doesn't hurt at all, not really super bad looking, but still, it would be nice to get it off my face.

So basically my question is: How can I get rid of it without getting a cortisone injection? I can get it injected at my derm appointment next week, but I'd really rather not wait that long if I don't have to. Does anyone have any advice?

MemberMember
(@maplesyrupmama)

Posted : 05/17/2013 1:50 am

The only way I can get rid of cysts is to let them run their course. I try to exfoliate everyday (I use a piece of tape to gently pull up dead skin) and I also apply aha lotion to them every night. I currently have two that I'm working on! Both are nearly invisible now, one is 10 days old and the other is 18 days old!:/