Notifications
Clear all

Need Advice To Avoid Touching My Face

MemberMember
(@dubstepjosh)

Posted : 05/13/2013 5:30 pm

I'm 19 nearly 20, i play games a lot but slowly getting bored of them, anyway I've had acne for 4 nearly 5 years and i cant imagine it going for another 3-4 years.

Also i should mention I've been on A.D.H.D medication for 5 years, I'm not sure if its a coincidence that the horse manure skin started at the same time or that this medication is giving me it.. I tried without the medication for a month and not much difference, i feel i should allow longer but i simply cannot last that long without medication because i turn into such a hyperactive twat that eats everything.

I'm a dick when it comes to picking and touching my skin but I've been doing better compared to the first two years i developed acne.

Main concern is under my jaw line like below my ear, thats where the current outbreak of bullsh*t is and its often painful on my face and back.

Another real issue is picking but i do have an actual stupid f**king amount of blackheads and spots on my back also.

I use anti-bacteria on my hands a lot so if i do touch my face, i wont have as much germs on my hands.

I changed my diet completely for 5 months and still no difference, i was depending on that because i was running out of options since I've tried the doctors and every other lotion/potion.

The doctor referred me to a dermatologist but basically did f*ck all because i touched my skin too often, so nothing else was done i decided to just live with the sh*t on my face.

I got low very often even had 2 suicidal thoughts but i had too much to lose, not actually that much but leaving my family would devastate them. Yes i cried for hours, up most nights googleing everything that i thought would help me but yeah nothing...

I clean my face everyday with tea tree oil wipes, also use a tea tree oil cream.

The sun beds help a lot with my blackheads but i cant really afford to go every week.

Also face masks do an OK job on blackheads.

My mother tells me my dad had bad acne around my age, and some photos that i have seen of him does tell me i will have acne for many years to come.

Recently i have suffered from a lot of stress but i cannot do anything to help my self atm but to sit and watch it pass.

I have been single for 5 years because of this skin, yes it does control a lot of my life but i do try to socialize often which doesn't really go well with no frikin confidence and having trouble making eye contact.

Lucky enough for me no one made fun of me in school, i guess they know who i was.

As i said i have a current outbreak under my jaw, also get them in my eyebrows, back of my neck and on my front body which are very painful.

Sorry for this long essay but i have to get it out.

If someone has any tips, advice or recommendations much appreciated

MemberMember
(@imdonewiththis)

Posted : 05/14/2013 12:33 am

Accutane is a last resort, but if you've had acne for so long and nothing is working, than I suggest you talk to your dermatologist about getting on it.

MemberMember
(@dubstepjosh)

Posted : 05/14/2013 2:16 am

Accutane is a last resort, but if you've had acne for so long and nothing is working, than I suggest you talk to your dermatologist about getting on it.

Wasn't there a documentary about Accutane? some cases of suicide which put me off but i might give it ago, and if i do start to feel suicidal and what not i'll just get off them.

thanks for reply.

MemberMember
(@oilydave94)

Posted : 05/14/2013 2:38 am

Do 20 push ups every time you touch your face, it's a win-win, either you stop touching your face or you get ripped.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/14/2013 4:35 am

Wasn't there a documentary about Accutane? some cases of suicide which put me off but i might give it ago, and if i do start to feel suicidal and what not i'll just get off them.

thanks for reply.

not everybody had suicidal thoughts after accutane.

low power dosage might help,if nothing else is working.