Notifications
Clear all

The Oil Cleansing Method. Negative Experiences

MemberMember
(@whitecrow)

Posted : 09/07/2015 1:56 pm

To my way of thinking, everything stands behind the way you're doing the OCM. For instance, I have been using jojoba oil mixed with propolis and tea tree oil, steamed my face with a clean washcloth every night and then cleansed with a very gentle cleanser. My face would never feel tight or dry, instead is moisturized and soft. I must say I have been experiencing a "purging" face in the few first days, but now I'm fine.

I strongly believe it's the way you're doing it and the oils you're using. Avoid EVOO because it's not suitable for acne prone skin. Look for oils high in linoleic acid, with a low comedogenic rate.

MemberMember
(@happily-after)

Posted : 02/16/2016 12:40 am

I tried with pumpkin seed oil i bought from mountain rose. It is high linoleic but still ruined my skin. I did not add anything to pumpkin seed oil. Before I tried pre cleanse with baby oil. It is zero clog rating but again, ruined my skin. I tried a lot of commercial cleansing oil too and all of them broke me out. I hate using any oil on my face. Great for my body tho.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 07/06/2016 12:46 pm

I cleanse with Coconutoil + raw honey 3 times a week. I've experienced no purging, in fact most of my lesions have healed since cleansing with coconut oil.

MemberMember
(@lechaflan)

Posted : 01/12/2018 10:51 pm

Tried OCM for a few months (July 2017-mid December 2017) and while it felt like my skin seemed less oily, it has caused some really bad cysts that for the first time in a long while, have left some really bad hyperpigmentation marks that are slowly fading but still quite noticeable. Usually my hyperpigmentation marks fade in 2 weeks tops, but cysts I had back in September still show signs of having been there.