Notifications
Clear all

Hello Everyone

MemberMember
(@seeking2012)

Posted : 12/01/2012 6:01 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a long-term sufferer of acne. The truth is, I'm not sure to what extent I'm currently "suffering" from acne, as I've been using Retin-A since I was 15 and I'm currently 28. So that is 13 years--oh wow that's a long time.

It all started in my teen years when I would get really bad breakouts, and the fact that I have an oily complexion doesn't help.

I came here because I've been searching for the REAL reasons that people get acne, and to find out if it's ok for me to stop using Retin-A. Not once in 13 years have I stopped using it. So I don't know what would happen.

It seems that "they" tell us that the reason we get acne is because we produce too much sebum/and or the follicle produces too many cells, and in either case, the pore gets clogged up. Well my question and the reason for me coming here is, "Why does the body produce too much sebum, and why does the follicle produce too many cells?"

And that question doesn't really get an answer. It's like the room goes silent. But I saw a thread here which might answer that question and it gets really scientific and quotes scientific studies. Good thing I'm a geek and science has always been my thing!

As a sidenote; it seems that a lot of chronic diseases we deal with today share similar root causes with acne!

Anyway, enough rambling. On with the show then. :)

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 12/01/2012 6:24 pm

Hi, sorry to hear you've had it for so long. There is so many questions to be answered and some questions which don't have answers, clearing acne can be so hard and finding the cause of each persons acne can be too, it's all trial and error! Have a look around the forums, there is lots of interesting information on here and a lot of people who are caring and understand what it's like! I wish you all the best :)