Notifications
Clear all

Stubborn Blackheads

MemberMember
(@jamie9)

Posted : 12/01/2012 4:12 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm a 20 year old girl who's been dealing with acne since high school. I've gone through about a million different regimens in my battle with acne. In addition to my blackheads, I used to have pretty bad inflamed hormonal acne, mostly in my chin region. I also used to have a lot of clogged pores on my temples as well as my chin. I've managed to get all of that under control with my current regimen and ortho cyclen birth control, except the blakheads all over my nose. It feels like their never going to budge. Through all the things I've tried they always stay the same. It's incredibly frustrating.

Here's my current regimen:

AM

Cetaphil cleanser

Witchhazel astrigent

Paula's Choice 2% BHA gel

Olay moisturizer for sensative skin SPF 15

PM

Cetaphil cleanser

Desert Essence tea tree oil pad

Paula's Choice again

Cetaphil moisturizer

It's the BHA that's made the most difference I've been using it for about 3 months and it really dealt with most of my congestion. It just doesn't seem to be enough to clear out those blackheads.

Things I've tried:

Oil cleansing method - It helped my skin for awhile, but 4 months in my skin became the worst it's ever been

BP - Controled my inflamed acne, but my blackheads got way worse

Basically every drugstore product available without success

I'm really interested in trying green cream, but I'm scared because it's so expensive and I'm worried I'll have a really bad initial break out that I don't want to deal with when my skin looks the best it's looked in 5 years.

What would you wonderful people recommend?

MemberMember
(@acnenca)

Posted : 12/05/2012 11:42 am

Try steaming your face and then use a manual method to remove blackheads from your nose..

see here:

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@jamie9)

Posted : 12/06/2012 4:21 pm

Thanks for the reply, AcnencA. I do that all the time. They always come right back.

I've just purchased Green Cream 6 online and I'm excited to try that.