Notifications
Clear all

how soon before your period do you break out?

MemberMember
(@callthecops)

Posted : 08/19/2011 2:31 am

well i finally got my period today :) ok earlier this week i stopped eating sugar and i was soo sad about my skin but once i stopped the sugar i didnt get any new acne, except a few small or not inflamed ones. but 3 days before today i broke out again -__- i got splotchy in places and i got like a few new hurting zits, especially yesterday and 2 days ago.. ugh just horrible because i didnt know when i was gonna have my period and i was doing better bc i realized sugar breaks me out

so i noticed i broke out before my period but i never really noticed specifically when, besides i still got new acne from sugar, oh and i stopped eating any junk food. righhhhht so im wondering if this breakout over the past 3 days was period like pms related or just random? :$ so how soon before your period do you break out? :)

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 08/19/2011 6:51 am

It's weird for me, because my skin actually clears up and looks its best just before I get my period, like my stupid hormones are somehow evening themselves out.

MemberMember
(@callthecops)

Posted : 08/19/2011 10:19 am

gutterflower: wow that's pretty weird :P i've never heard of that before!

MemberMember
(@cloudscloudsclouds)

Posted : 08/19/2011 10:27 am

It's weird for me, because my skin actually clears up and looks its best just before I get my period, like my stupid hormones are somehow evening themselves out.

It's very similar to me :]] I have no idea why is it like this.

MemberMember
(@lovethelife)

Posted : 08/19/2011 1:17 pm

I break out a couple days before my period then it usually slows down and clears up by the end of it. This time would be the exception! The biggest culprit for me breaking out is definitely stress. I am a stress bunny no matter what the circumstance, then I break out, then I stress BECAUSE I'm breaking out and it is a vicious cycle!

MemberMember
(@callthecops)

Posted : 08/19/2011 2:05 pm

I break out a couple days before my period then it usually slows down and clears up by the end of it. This time would be the exception! The biggest culprit for me breaking out is definitely stress. I am a stress bunny no matter what the circumstance, then I break out, then I stress BECAUSE I'm breaking out and it is a vicious cycle!

ok thats good news for me! :) and i know, im huge on the stress :P and im always worried about something -.-

MemberMember
(@tacogirl)

Posted : 08/19/2011 4:08 pm

I break out right when I start my period usually. Sometimes I could breakout a day or two before; but most of the time it is the very day it starts.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 08/19/2011 9:35 pm

gutterflower, i used to be like that when i was on yasmin. always looked better the week before period.

now that im off the pill, i break out during the week before period, and a few days afterwards

MemberMember
(@jennaaaay)

Posted : 08/19/2011 9:47 pm

Try taking Aleve like each day 2 or three days before yo' period! i still am waiting to try it but i have heard sooo many people don't breakout/have less breakouts when taking it!!!

MemberMember
(@callthecops)

Posted : 08/20/2011 5:38 am

Try taking Aleve like each day 2 or three days before yo' period! i still am waiting to try it but i have heard sooo many people don't breakout/have less breakouts when taking it!!!

yeah u should try it :) i would but my parents.. esp my mom, when it comes to pain medication, its a tough subject with her -.- she doesnt even want me to take advil for cramps -.-

MemberMember
(@this-is-julie)

Posted : 07/25/2013 4:58 pm

I usually break out a week before my period, and my skin clears up (well clear to me, at least) when I get my period and after it ends.

MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 07/26/2013 4:25 am

I'm on Yasmin and I almost always get a cyst about a week before my period...sometimes I'll get a month off or like this month I got 2, bad times!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 07/26/2013 3:08 pm

two weeks before i get a couple spots and the prob 4 to 6 days before it starts my face stops being like a dump and looks like a babies bum.