Notifications
Clear all

Any connection found between sex & acne yet?

MemberMember
(@exothermic)

Posted : 05/19/2011 2:23 am

epic first post i know... ima 23 year old who have had acne since i was 9 and had it pretty bad in my teen years and it still is here to stay in my 20's... been on everything except estrogen pills & roacutane has been the only thing that had worked along with expressions + chemical pealing but those are temporary fixtures and expensive

with that said after 2 times on roacutane i notice in the last 5years if i want my skin to clear up abit i just stop having sex and i stop breaking out... from i was young doctors always told me food dont cause acne etc but yet some ppl eat certain chocolate etc and break out yet they still deny & same for sex as ive read from google people with the same problem as i yet they sweep it under the rug..

so yea has any link been made for people like me or is the professionals still denying the link??

MemberMember
(@joe-zit)

Posted : 05/20/2011 9:27 am

The medical community has pretty much debunked the idea that sex esp masturbation causes acne, yet anecdotally some on these boards swear there is a connection. You have observed a cause and effect but there could be other variables as well.

I know of no recognized modern studies that connect sexual activity with acne.

Joe Zit

MemberMember
(@exothermic)

Posted : 05/20/2011 2:23 pm

^^ that sucks cause they are missing out on a big aspect of acne breakouts in some people with severe acne

i can literally have no sexual relations for 2-3months & have semi clear skin & 1 night of continuous sex & in the next 2-3 days i break out very badly & i have noticed & done these experiments for years so it is 100% true in my case & others....

btw i am not saying a link between masturbation but rather just having orgasms & what comes with it leads me to break out & i dont get breakouts at any other time anymore other than when i orgasm

i just wished the doctors in the field would really stop over looking whatever they are overlooking & research this particular problem thoroughly

MemberMember
(@ivy-2)

Posted : 05/20/2011 3:45 pm

Not to give to much info about my personal life but, I cant orgasm - *ever* - and I have sex at least 3 times a day, and iv kept it at this rate with my partner for over a year - So I can pretty much say orgasming doesn't have anything to do with it.

Now, granted in the last year my acne has gotten worse then it was from previous years, I now get cystic pimples on my cheek bone, but I assume I get them around the time of the month, and not due to sexual activity.

MemberMember
(@exothermic)

Posted : 05/20/2011 9:16 pm

what happens to one person does not apply for everybody, not everything in this world is a one size fit all solution which is why accutane etc does not work for everybody

whether it doesnt cause you to break out doesnt mean for others it does not.. just like how i can smoke & not get addicted but yet others will get addicted, kind of a different topic but im just showing my point is all

orgasms whether it triggers something else within my body causes me to break out period & i never break out currently at any other time....

as i said doctors are over looking alot as it happens for alot of people period.. just wanted to give my 2cents on the matter

MemberMember
(@factualwreck)

Posted : 10/23/2013 1:51 pm

In my case yes, sex & acne have relation. i don't understand why yet scientists not been able to find the relation between sex & acne in some people's cases?