Notifications
Clear all

Bad breakout on cheek once every year. Always in March/April

MemberMember
(@ryan-in-ny)

Posted : 03/22/2011 2:01 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with information about my acne issue.

So every March or April of each year for the past 4 years I've been getting really bad breakouts on ONE of my cheeks consisting of 7 to 10 large, red, swollen, painful pimples. It's like clockwork. The bumps usually go away within a couple of months, but the scars stay. It makes the side of my face with the acne look entirely red. The rest of the year I have small breakouts here and there, around my nose, along my jawline, on my chin, but not usually on my cheeks and definitely not within the same magnitude. I have pretty decent skin otherwise.

Low and behold, this year it decided to start in March and on my left cheek this time (It has always been my right cheek.) I get less surprised every year, but it still gives me a great deal of stress and embarassment. I am still dealing with the scars from years ago. Is there anyway to combat this?

I am using Neutrogena Advanced Solutions (three step process with the Salycic acid wash, benzoyl perozide gel, and the spf 15 lotion) and using the acne.org regimen tips. I don't sleep on my cheeks, I eat well, and exercise daily. I've already ruled that it could be hereditary, stress, hormones, etc.. I was just wondering if anyone has any insight as to why it happens the same time every year, and why it is so extreme?

If you have or are going through the same thing, please let me know.. Any advice, information, or comments from anyone are greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Ryan (I'm 24)

MemberMember
(@pianowoman)

Posted : 03/24/2011 2:11 pm

Hi Ryan,

I have a similar problem and I would also like some help. I am 24.

My skin is pretty clear all year, and then spring comes around and I break out badly, but just on my forehead. Usually it's March-April but this year it started in early February. I have met others that also inexplicably break out at this time of year. I have no idea why!!!! But it's like clockwork. I might as well expect my forehead to break out really badly in the spring every year.

I exercise regularly, eat extremely healthy, cleanse and try to keep well-moisturized. I've cut out dairy, chocolate, meat, with no results.

I've been doing some research and read somewhere that it could be an allergic reaction to yeast, in that there might be more yeast around right now after the winter because sun kills yeast but we haven't seen the sun in months. Some people recommend antihistamines. I have no idea if this theory is legit but I would love to have some answers!!!

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@smitty7)

Posted : 05/04/2011 6:24 pm

I have the same problem. For the past 3 years, every spring, I break out on my chest, upper shoulders and a bit on my forehead and then all of a sudden it will clear up overnight. I have no idea why or what to do to stop it. The one time I went to the dermatologist they just handed me some acne cream which I never used and it cleared up that night.

MemberMember
(@wheelz92)

Posted : 03/18/2019 8:39 pm

I have the same issue around March and April on my hands face and chest mostly it's a rash with pimples its been happening around 4 years also please help if anyone knows.

20190318_213842.jpg