Notifications
Clear all

FOREHEAD ACNE PLEASE HELP!!!

MemberMember
(@hockeylover1)

Posted : 03/09/2011 11:40 am

I have a bunch of forehead acne all over my forehead and the sides. I can't stand it, they are like small bumps and its red all over. I want to cut my hair but I can't because I knee to cover up this crap. I've been on accutane for about 3 months now, taking 9 pills a week of 40 mg and still nothing. Can ANYBODY help me???????!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@ella12)

Posted : 03/09/2011 12:02 pm

I have a bunch of forehead acne all over my forehead and the sides. I can't stand it, they are like small bumps and its red all over. I want to cut my hair but I can't because I knee to cover up this crap. I've been on accutane for about 3 months now, taking 9 pills a week of 40 mg and still nothing. Can ANYBODY help me???????!!!!!!

I'm dealing with the same thing right now -- the products I started using a few weeks ago have given me small pimples ALL over my forehead and next to my eyebrows. I just started using the Burt's Bees facial mask last night, and I'm planning on trying a new cleansing and moisturizing regimen. What are you using to cleanse and moisturize? That might be part of the issue.

MemberMember
(@hockeylover1)

Posted : 03/09/2011 12:32 pm

I'm dealing with the same thing right now -- the products I started using a few weeks ago have given me small pimples ALL over my forehead and next to my eyebrows. I just started using the Burt's Bees facial mask last night, and I'm planning on trying a new cleansing and moisturizing regimen. What are you using to cleanse and moisturize? That might be part of the issue.

I am not using any cleanser I am just using an aveeno moisturizer which treaters exzema and dry skin, ( the accutane causes severe dry skin so I use the aveeno to stop it from drying out)

MemberMember
(@ella12)

Posted : 03/11/2011 1:49 am

I am not using any cleanser I am just using an aveeno moisturizer which treaters exzema and dry skin, ( the accutane causes severe dry skin so I use the aveeno to stop it from drying out)

Ah. Well make sure that you are cleansing your face with something, even if it's just warm water (not hot water, though -- it's really drying). If you do decide to go with a cleanser, choose something really mild like Cetaphil.

Aveeno is a really effective moisturizer, but even though the label may read "non-comedogenic," that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't cause breakouts. It really depends on the person. You might need to try some other moisturizers labeled "non-comedogenic." Have you tried Cetaphil brand lotion? It's recommended for acne-prone skin by many dermatologists.

MemberMember
(@stillgettingit)

Posted : 03/11/2011 9:13 am

Hi, I just wanted to share what I am currently doing for my forehead problem, and it seems to be helping A LOT. A quick background, I am 36. When I was 16 I had major forehead acne that looked like hundreds of bumps everywhere. It was like, if you took a picture strait on I would look okay, but if the slightest bit of light hit my forehead then all the bumps would show up really badly. I got the problem under control and then 2 months ago it came back. I do dan's regimen normally, but 2 weeks ago I decided to start using Oxy facewash (the BP one). I also always use 10% BP gel on my forehead. My bumps weren't going away. Again, 2 weeks ago I switched to shampooing my hair with Head and Shoulders and changing my pillowcase EVERY night. Still, the bumps weren't budging. This past Sunday I decided to start drinking tons of water. No soda, just water. I drank 3 Liters that day. On Monday, my forehead looked a little better, but not enough for me to know if anything was happening. Every day I'm drinking 3 L of water, and one glass a day has half a squeezed lemon in it. Then Tuesday, I wake up and I do see an improvement, but still...bumpy forehead. Wednesday, improvement again........Thursday, really noticeable improvement. Today is Friday and my forehead is 80% better, AT LEAST.

I don't know if it's all my things combined or what, but I do know that the water has made the biggest improvement so far. I did read that this helped many people, which is why I tried it in the first place. Anyhow, what could it hurt? Water is free and you KNOW it won't make your skin worse. I also made a HUGE point not to touch my forehead or "help" a blackhead come out or pick a whitehead. Anyways, maybe that could help.

MemberMember
(@goldn)

Posted : 11/04/2014 9:58 pm

My forehead is also a major problem..congested, red, bumpy...it's terrible!