Notifications
Clear all

TEEN ACNE

MemberMember
(@como)

Posted : 05/31/2008 10:12 pm

hard not to think it's my diet when my school serves almost exclusively chicken and pizza.

sometimes it's just cheese and bread and they call it french bread pizza or cheese fries. no sauce on the pizza, so HOW IS IT A PIZZA? I DONNOW IT'S MAGIC

MemberMember
(@ladywillow)

Posted : 05/31/2008 11:57 pm

i have had acne since before high school and it was worse in middle school and thats when i was eating healthy homemade lunches.

MemberMember
(@mastercheif)

Posted : 06/01/2008 10:00 am

How would a teen board be any different, you'd use the some treatments and all that, just avoid the 20+ acne threads then..

MemberMember
(@kaley)

Posted : 06/02/2008 11:43 am

I agree. I'm 13, and I know most people around here are a lot older than that. However, I know there are other teens similiar to my age.

The thing is, I've been told just to wait my acne out. The last thing I want to do is that, just because I have a life to live and I don't want acne interfering. A bunch of my friends have said this is going to be the time of our lives that we remember, and I don't want this time to be looked as a time of acne, but more as a time of fun. I seriously want to find a way I can control it.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/03/2008 12:39 pm

I brought up the idea of a teen forum with the other moderators. So far, the majority of moderators do not support a teen acne forum for several reasons:

1. The whole forum really is all about teen acne already. The adult section got added so that adults could talk in their own forum about particular trials they experience; the whole rest of the board is all about teens.

2. If there were a teen acne section, it is likely that teens might not even bother looking elsewhere for treatment advice and the whole entire board is just full of great suggestions. There are already hundreds of repeat questions, identical questions daily, when a bit of searching could find the answer. Yet another forum would simply increase the number of unresearched questions.

3. There are already an almost overwhelming number of forums; it is confusing and difficult for the first-time visitor to find the right place to ask a question sometimes. Adding one more forum would simply intensify the difficulty.

This WHOLE board is all about finding the solutions that work for the individual. The administrators and moderators are currently working on a new format to make it easier for the new visitor or person new to acne to figure out where they need to start here. The board can most definitely be overwhelming when one first visits; there are so many forums!

I would almost like to see a decrease in the number of forums we currently have. Some could be consolidated, perhaps. The moderators and administrators will be discussing consolidation and revamping over the next several weeks/months. Dan, Paul, and Joel have great plans in store for making the board even more user friendly for all!

I hope that helps answer some questions. Please do not consider it an affront that there isn't a specific teen forum, it really is not. The whole board is really all for you guys. :)

PS: Kaley, you'll remember other times in your life with considerably more fondness. I myself do remember 13, but I don't remember it as all fun and games, that's for sure! It is one of the hardest times in life what with onset of puberty and the beginning pangs of pre-adulthood and increasing responsibility. Believe me, everything only gets better with age! :D

MemberMember
(@anjapotokar)

Posted : 01/19/2020 11:56 am

In my experience teen acne tends to go away around between 18-22. A majority of my friends who had acne in high school are now clear - without changing their diet or using any creams, so I think their hormones must have balanced out. However, personally (I just turned 20) I'm still breaking out (even though I eat really clean - no dairy and sugar etc.) but nowhere NEAR AS BAD as when I was 17 or 18 (just the occasional breakout), and so are some friends in college who are also 19-20. So my conclusion is, that diet doesn't affect teen acne as much -it really must be just the hormones -, us who still have acne just have to wait for it to naturally go away.

Anyway, hope this helps some of you 🙂