Notifications
Clear all

strange small bumps on chin, help please

MemberMember
(@emilyrose)

Posted : 08/16/2007 2:24 am

i have these small little bumps all over my chin and only my chin they are not too noticable but when i stretch my skin they are hard white things just underneath the skin, very small. sometimes i pop them and a hard seed like white thing comes out, what are they and how do i get rid of all my existing ones now without popping them out? i use benzaclin and neutrogena ultra defence moisturizer like a sunscreen one or something anddd purpose face wash and occasionally the neutrogena scrub ohhhh and i always get those underground pimples on my hin! so annoying! and like only there! mostly..

uhhhh help please!

MemberMember
(@namtendo)

Posted : 09/04/2007 10:41 am

i also have small white bumps on my chin, not noticable unless you're really up close. i only use neutrogena cream cleanser oil free 2% SA and zapzyt's 10% bp gel. but i'm thinkin about using lemon juice as a drink and/or topically on my face

MemberMember
(@smalltreasures)

Posted : 09/04/2007 4:10 pm

Hi there! :)

Sounds like you have those pleasant clogged comedones. They're often very stubborn to get rid of. Usually they form because of a lack of exfoliation.

My advice would be to exfoliate with a 2% BHA topical every day. I use the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 hydrating treatment because it's available at any nearby drugstore. It's 2% BHA (salicylic acid) and also contains ingredients like green tea and cucumber extract to ease redness. Many people on here also swear by Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid or gel. They're available at [Edited link out] I'm pretty sure you can buy a 4oz container for around $13. It lasts for months.

Another option is an AHA (glycolic or lactic acids). I use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion which contains 8% AHA, but the Alpha Hydrox line has a 10% AHA cream that's probably far superior.

For more options, there's a big thread about how to treat those tiny bumps here: [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@pacificmx45)

Posted : 09/10/2007 3:38 am

I too have had those bumps for quite a while. Being a 19 year old male with only half a beard (area with bumps is almost hairless) I just figured they were "hairs to be"...............so crap..... guess not

MemberMember
(@smalltreasures)

Posted : 09/10/2007 3:44 pm

I too have had those bumps for quite a while. Being a 19 year old male with only half a beard (area with bumps is almost hairless) I just figured they were "hairs to be"...............so crap..... guess not

Hmmm yours sound more like ingrown hairs, or the condition keratosis pilaris. It can often be mistaken for acne if it occurs on the face (most often in men, due to beard growth).

I have KP, but on my upper arms. Basically, KP bumps have an ingrown hair that can't push through the skin, and so it coils up underneath the skin. Instead of pushing through, the hair grows inside the follicle (hence the term "ingrown hair"). The reason it's called keratosis pilaris is because excess keratin, a natural protein in the skin, accumulates within the hair follicles forming plugs that are often red and slightly inflamed. Most often, though, they're the color of the skin. If you pick or squeeze at them, the white keratin comes out. This is why people often mistaken them for whiteheads.

Maybe you should ask a dermatologist if this is the case. :) If it is, regular exfoliation should help it go away pretty quickly.

MemberMember
(@scar_tissue)

Posted : 09/10/2007 7:25 pm

I think I have what you have. Mine are like super tiny and its weird lol

MemberMember
(@pacey)

Posted : 09/13/2007 10:25 pm

Differin Gel worked for me. Try to avoid picking at them because they will usually get inflammed and become more noticeable than they initially were.

MemberMember
(@rocketboysf)

Posted : 02/18/2015 11:07 pm

First thank you all for your posts and sharing experiences.
I am constantly developping white pus zits around mouth and chin! I started developing this about a year ago.
Symptoms
---------------
- constant small white pus zits around mouth and chin. dry up in about 2-3 days.
- few more start when one stops!
- red bumps
- redness
- All these symptoms only around nose , mouth and chin. rest of the face is clear!
- constant Dandruff also.
This thing brought me down so much in my life! There are days when i just sit in my room and cry because I have pretty much tried everything under the sun. I am even worried to go meet my sisters kids sad.png Please help share your expertise and what worked for you guys. Please drop a note and i really need your support to keep me motivated to see the light at the end of tunnel.
thanks!

post-449454-0-66036400-1424318825.jpg

post-449454-0-62394800-1424318826.jpg

post-449454-0-62172800-1424318827.jpg

post-449454-0-63440500-1424318828.jpg

post-449454-0-28396700-1424318843.jpg

post-449454-0-30105100-1424318844.jpg

post-449454-0-29339600-1424318845.jpg

MemberMember
(@vikasvicky)

Posted : 02/29/2016 1:54 pm

exact problem am also suffering from 3 years. small white bumps only around mouth, chin and scalp.. plz plzz any 1 tel me how to get rid of this

MemberMember
(@sshel)

Posted : 10/20/2017 9:56 pm

On 9/10/2007 at 4:44 PM, SmallTreasures said:

Hmmm yours sound more like ingrown hairs, or the condition keratosis pilaris. It can often be mistaken for acne if it occurs on the face (most often in men, due to beard growth).

I have KP, but on my upper arms. Basically, KP bumps have an ingrown hair that can't push through the skin, and so it coils up underneath the skin. Instead of pushing through, the hair grows inside the follicle (hence the term "ingrown hair"). The reason it's called keratosis pilaris is because excess keratin, a natural protein in the skin, accumulates within the hair follicles forming plugs that are often red and slightly inflamed. Most often, though, they're the color of the skin. If you pick or squeeze at them, the white keratin comes out. This is why people often mistaken them for whiteheads.

Maybe you should ask a dermatologist if this is the case. |::) If it is, regular exfoliation should help it go away pretty quickly.

That™s not what KP is. KP is hair folicle plugs caused by your body not being able to break down excess keratin proteins it produces.