Notifications
Clear all

Bentonite clay...i think it works!

MemberMember
(@nje)

Posted : 12/02/2006 1:28 pm

About a week ago, i had really severe acne (which i've had for awhile and just keeps getting worse) I've tried way to many products to count, with absolutely no success. My skin is stubborn and ultra sensative, so it's not very easy to treat. Awhile back, i heard from somewhere (i'm not sure where) that bentonite clay works ok....and it's been on my list of acne treatments to try so a few weeks ago i got some off of ebay. Now, a week later i'm absolutely suprized of the results. Truthfully, just last week i had so many zits that i wouldn't even want to start attempting to count them....now I have only 2 (and both of them are in their ending stages.) Basically you just buy the bentonite clay (you can get it really cheap) in either wet or dry form (i got the wet form.) You mix it with a very small amount of water. The water is supposed to make the clay swell and become magnetic or something (i really don't know...that's just what i read) Then, put it on your face as a mask and leave it on for 15 minutes. This stuff looks really disgusting when you put it on your face, but it brings beautiful results. I did this twice a day and will continue to until there is no more evidence of zits. But i still have one major problem. As i said before, my skin is sensitive and i think about every zit that's been on my face has left a bit of a scar. So truthfully, even though there's barely any more zits left, it certainly doesn't look like that. I'm not saying just the little red marks that are supposed to go away (although there are a ton of those) i'm talking about the big ice-pick ones. I don't really know what to do about them. I've read some about the scarring and whats suggested, but in about all the treatments the side effects seem to be scarring (which seems weird, why would a scar treatment have a side effect of scarring????) So really, i don't know what to do about them besides put makeup on (which doesn't even cover some of them, not to mention it looks weird) Anyhow, i hope the bentonite clay works for someone else....

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 12/07/2011 11:11 am

thanks for the info, i heard you can take it internally too

MemberMember
(@domesticatx)

Posted : 05/26/2013 11:25 pm

Nutmeg is really good at evening out skin tone and helping get rid of old acne scars. I make a mask with banana, buttermilk, honey, and nutmeg, and sometimes add an egg white, it hydrates and with consistent use, evens out the acne scars and skin tone, it clears pores and reduces their size, and when u rinse, your skin feels amazing....

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 05/27/2013 4:06 am

thanks for the info, i heard you can take it internally too

Internally....so you eat the clay? When applied externally the clay shrinks when it dries and pulls stuff out of your pores. What is the mechanism for it working internally? Does not sound like a wise program to me. You might want to have a box of ex-lax and a bottle of blood thinner on-hand.