Notifications
Clear all

Cyst with Scar tissue buildup?

MemberMember
(@sassy561)

Posted : 12/08/2005 10:00 am

About 2 an half months ago while using retin-a micro (intitial breakout period-I have since stopped using it) I had a cyst come up on my cheek. In the beginning all I did was ice it and did some spot treatments with polysporin or sulfur in the evening. After it had been there three weeks with no apparent change, I went to there derm and got it injected. Had never had injections before but the derm told me they are great, the cyst will subside and it lessens the chance for a scar. It went down a bit for the first few days but then grew back up again.

I have since had it injected about every two weeks with the same story (goes down a little-comes back up) So when I was getting the fourth injection, I asked my derm what the problem was and she said that it was scar tissue buildup and that the injection functions the same way for scar tissue as it does for a cyst.

When did it go from a cyst to scar tissue? Was it ever a cyst to begin with I am wondering. I have NOT picked or squeezed. Has anybody ever had this and what type of treatment should I seek. The injection doesn't seem to be doin the trick. This is devastating to think this is permanent.

MemberMember
(@leigh30)

Posted : 12/08/2005 10:13 am

About 2 an half months ago while using retin-a micro (intitial breakout period-I have since stopped using it) I had a cyst come up on my cheek. In the beginning all I did was ice it and did some spot treatments with polysporin or sulfur in the evening. After it had been there three weeks with no apparent change, I went to there derm and got it injected. Had never had injections before but the derm told me they are great, the cyst will subside and it lessens the chance for a scar. It went down a bit for the first few days but then grew back up again.

I have since had it injected about every two weeks with the same story (goes down a little-comes back up) So when I was getting the fourth injection, I asked my derm what the problem was and she said that it was scar tissue buildup and that the injection functions the same way for scar tissue as it does for a cyst.

When did it go from a cyst to scar tissue? Was it ever a cyst to begin with I am wondering. I have NOT picked or squeezed. Has anybody ever had this and what type of treatment should I seek. The injection doesn't seem to be doin the trick. This is devastating to think this is permanent.

Hi there!

Something similar happened to me, too. Eventually my derm excised the cyst (the cyst was injected twice & had been there - under the surface - for about 5 months) It left a scar. She said it would have gone away on it's own, eventually - but she also said it wouldn't scar & it did. Derms don't know what they're talking about most of the time. I hope that helps a little!

L

MemberMember
(@sassy561)

Posted : 12/08/2005 1:56 pm

Thanks Leigh, how severe is the excision scar?

Anybody else have lump of scar tissue that looks like a cyst? And what can be done?

MemberMember
(@blueyesurfer)

Posted : 12/08/2005 2:06 pm

Anybody else have lump of scar tissue that looks like a cyst? And what can be done?

I had a cyst like that excised also.. the scar is pretty gnarley.. and if the cyst is big enough.. you can still squeeze stuff out of your scar..

MemberMember
(@sassy561)

Posted : 12/08/2005 2:28 pm

I had a cyst like that excised also.. the scar is pretty gnarley.. and if the cyst is big enough.. you can still squeeze stuff out of your scar..

Lovely, something to look forward to. Thanks for the reply though!

MemberMember
(@bj2452)

Posted : 08/26/2019 11:39 pm

On 12/8/2005 at 12:56 PM, sassy561 said:

I so i hate it its like a ball of scar tissue and so embarrassingpeople always thinks my face is swollen below my lips and on my jaw in reality its from a stubborn cyst that literally took 6 months to get rid of any help is appreciated