Notifications
Clear all

Deep scars on cheeks - what should I do?

MemberMember
(@nele95)

Posted : 09/22/2022 1:39 pm

4 hours ago, Insearch said:

hello! Nele, you're on the same timeline healing process as me and yes my scars were deeper after the scabs left and yes I felt down and was like damn it wasn't like this the last time why is it deeper now? and it was also very red for 3-4 days but I was also in the sun a lot... keep moisturizing and getting rest. I just checked my scars and I would say, one a scale of 1-10 ; I see 2pt improvements.. but overall since I started I would say 35%. 

Very happy to read that! Crazy that you did subcision by yourself. But I know, that you have the necessary knowledge. You certainly had fewer side effects than I did at the doctors :D
35% improvement since your first subcision? Great, would be very happy. Cross my fingers for you that in the following und weeks and months improvement progresses.

I put some camouflage today on my right cheek and it looked good, better than before. My mood is better after just one day (big sorry for the back and forth). 
But I have to wait. And I need to stop looking at my skin in the worst possible light all the time - I'll go crazy otherwise. Think its to early to draw a conclusion. 
I am very grateful to interact here, it helps me a lot!

MemberMember
(@nele95)

Posted : 11/06/2022 11:11 am

Hi, 

had my subcision 2 months ago now. No bruising, swelling or redness anymore. Healing was luckily very quick. But I dont see unfortunately any improvement, maybe 10% depending on the light. 

I think the doctor wasn't as experienced as he claimed.

I know the collagen production is still going on, but I don't think there will be a visible improvement in a few months.

I am thinking about a second subcision. But next time with a really experienced doctor who has been mentioned several times here in the forum and who specializes in acne scars.
I've already picked one out.

I've also read that only one subcision is usually not enough anyway and you only see improvement after 2-4 or more subcision-sessions. 

Maybe I will try filler (one or two scars at first). 

It felt extremely confident during the first two weeks after subcision (because of the microswelling). Especially in bad light or in car mirrors (if you passed them and looking down to the window). 

I'm sure you can understand, how frustrating it is when the scars come back all over.

But I don't want to give up at the moment. Do you think a second subcision would make sense in 4-5 months?

I took pictures a few days ago (with camouflage)

Best wishes

Nele

40E8FA83-B402-4D22-8EFE-CC8A5BD55849.png

0CC66094-410C-44C1-9313-2B5E8FCC13E1.jpeg

MemberMember
(@nele95)

Posted : 11/13/2022 4:36 am

Any advice?

Member Admin
(@ishayat)

Posted : 11/13/2022 5:57 pm

13 hours ago, Nele95 said:

Any advice?

I think creating a new post with your pictures would be a good idea rather than asking here in this old post.

MemberMember
(@nele95)

Posted : 11/14/2022 12:49 am

6 hours ago, Ishayat said:

I think creating a new post with your pictures would be a good idea rather than asking here in this old post.

I added new pictures a wrote a new post one week ago.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 11/14/2022 2:14 am

1 hour ago, Nele95 said:

Go for CO2 laser , if you re from germany try dr Klaus Hoffmann , Hautteam bochum , he s really very good with Ultrapulse , its best fractional laser on market , dont waste your time with subcision , your scar are not deep enough , thats why it didnt work

MemberMember
(@pangstoremail-ru)

Posted : 11/15/2022 9:53 am

On 11/14/2022 at 10:49 AM, Nele95 said:

Hey what about now?have the scars decreased? You can also try to stimulate the scars with the help of a derma stamp and rf procedures... I'm just about to start treatment. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@nele95)

Posted : 11/16/2022 3:58 am

18 hours ago, qwerty2022 said:

Hey what about now?have the scars decreased? You can also try to stimulate the scars with the help of a derma stamp and rf procedures... I'm just about to start treatment. Good luck.

No, unfortunately not, as I wrote in the post more than one week ago. The pictures are new and after 2 months after subcision. No improvement. Think the doctor hasnt the best skills to do subcision.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:14 AM, Miro said:

Go for CO2 laser , if you re from germany try dr Klaus Hoffmann , Hautteam bochum , he s really very good with Ultrapulse , its best fractional laser on market , dont waste your time with subcision , your scar are not deep enough , thats why it didnt work

I had 4 sessions with fractional co2 laser 5 years ago. Also no improvement.

I am wondering, that my scars arent deep enough for subcision.

In the last years I ask beautifulambition for an advise. Subcision was the first treatment, which was mentioned. Others have also recommended it.

When I strech my skin, the scars are still visible. So I guess they are tethered and the doctors didnt cut anything.

cant image that right now Laser-treatments will improve the scars.

MemberMember
(@pangstoremail-ru)

Posted : 11/16/2022 5:51 am

1 hour ago, Nele95 said:

No, unfortunately not, as I wrote in the post more than one week ago. The pictures are new and after 2 months after subcision. No improvement. Think the doctor hasnt the best skills to do subcision.

In the last years I ask beautifulambition for an advise. Subcision was the first treatment, which was mentioned. Others have also recommended it.

When I strech my skin, the scars are still visible. So I guess they are tethered and the doctors didnt cut anything.

I have the same scars pattern (and they are little bit deeper). So bad to head that subsicion is not working but you can try to change a doctor and do it a 2-5 times with some fillers for example. I am on the way to start to treat my 3 y o scars like your Dont know what to do I will try derma pen, er yag lasers, fill a my skin fat and micro dermabrasion Think all of that will not help me too much but I think you and me need to create collagen on scars and then make them smooth

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 11/16/2022 3:23 pm

11 hours ago, Nele95 said:

Well then try Dr Henningsen in Denmark he s doing subc , also not all co2 lasers are same, it depends a lot on dr performing procedure

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 11/17/2022 1:31 am

So it seems like tethers were broken but collagen remodeling is still in progress. So now start doing phenol cross or tca cross to lift scars up

MemberMember
(@nele95)

Posted : 11/23/2022 2:10 am

They launched here a completely new website here

Unfortunately my private messages are gone. 3-4 days ago I had a message from a person in Germany - if you read this here please sent it to me again. I wanted to answer to you

MemberMember
(@jltn-booksgmail-com)

Posted : 11/24/2022 5:46 am

Posted by: @nele95

They launched here a completely new website here

Unfortunately my private messages are gone. 3-4 days ago I had a message from a person in Germany - if you read this here please sent it to me again. I wanted to answer to you

They f*cked up big time. Lots of theads don't work anymore. I lost all my posts. They changed something that didn't need any change...

Troner and Nele95 liked