Notifications
Clear all

Mild/Severe Scar Treatments

MemberMember
(@tommyboi)

Posted : 07/07/2022 1:47 am

Hi, my acne is pretty much totally under control now I get the odd spot here and there but nothing too major so Im looking at the best things to try and improve the marks/scars left, Ive been looking into scar creams, dermarolling that type of thing, what are your thought on these methods and what other methods would you recommend if the ones Ive suggested dont really give proven results. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 07/07/2022 1:58 pm

12 hours ago, tommyboi said:

Hi, my acne is pretty much totally under control now I get the odd spot here and there but nothing too major so Im looking at the best things to try and improve the marks/scars left, Ive been looking into scar creams, dermarolling that type of thing, what are your thought on these methods and what other methods would you recommend if the ones Ive suggested dont really give proven results. Thanks.

Rolling (in my opinion) is generally useless. Could be counterproductive. Creams are, eh.

Can't suggest something it depends entirely on the scars type and so on.

MemberMember
(@tommyboi)

Posted : 07/07/2022 9:04 pm

What do you suggest then, my scars are not majorly deep maybe one or two are, mostly just enlarged pores and rolling scars (if thats what you call them), what about these scar creams you can get etc?.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 07/07/2022 9:14 pm

5 minutes ago, tommyboi said:

What do you suggest then, my scars are not majorly deep maybe one or two are, mostly just enlarged pores and rolling scars (if thats what you call them), what about these scar creams you can get etc?.

There's no such thing as a cream that cures or heals scars. Some might help fade marks or even smooth them out but even those are ambiguous. Tretinoin (retin a) is basically (probably) the best gamble in that regard but I think it's not that great after using it 8 months. But my situation is different.

It really depends on the scars like I said. Just saying what types is not accurate enough, it depends on exact depth, location, sharpness and so on. Generally enlarged pores may respond to resurfacing like laser or other things but I have to be honest, even I'm struggling with my enlarged pores so I am not sure yet what works best.

If rolling scars are deep enough then subcision/filler might be your best bet. But honestly the enlarged pores are a tough one. If it's icepicks then laser or dermabrasion seems to be the most reliable treatments. Then there's phenol peels that some have shown beneficial for more complicated textures I guess.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 07/08/2022 1:18 am

4 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

There's no such thing as a cream that cures or heals scars. Some might help fade marks or even smooth them out but even those are ambiguous. Tretinoin (retin a) is basically (probably) the best gamble in that regard but I think it's not that great after using it 8 months. But my situation is different.

It really depends on the scars like I said. Just saying what types is not accurate enough, it depends on exact depth, location, sharpness and so on. Generally enlarged pores may respond to resurfacing like laser or other things but I have to be honest, even I'm struggling with my enlarged pores so I am not sure yet what works best.

If rolling scars are deep enough then subcision/filler might be your best bet. But honestly the enlarged pores are a tough one. If it's icepicks then laser or dermabrasion seems to be the most reliable treatments. Then there's phenol peels that some have shown beneficial for more complicated textures I guess.

Any product that is compdegenic enlarged pores. Always get products that mention oil free or non comedogenic or wont clog pores. This is important otherwise your pores will act the way it is acting.

MemberMember
(@tommyboi)

Posted : 07/10/2022 12:37 am

Might give this (retin a) a chance where can I get that from does it have to be a doctor or online, I did buy some scar cream which from the reviews seemed decent but not tried it yet but paid about 25 for it, its called (azally advanced scar gel) its sold on amazon but this retin a seems like it could be better, as for my scars I may be brave enough to post a photo up when I have a decent one to show. Thanks.