Notifications
Clear all

Journey 2018-?

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 03/24/2022 8:52 pm

On 3/3/2022 at 5:49 AM, Kayy0909 said:

I'm hoping you'll see great improvement with the procedures done. I got phenol cross and taylor liberator subcision from a doctor in Beverly Hills late last year; and honestly disappointed especially since he was not cheap yet the photos and reviews about him were all positive. Anyway, wishing you good outcome and thank you so much for keeping this thread up to date.. I'll probably see Dr. Taylor next.

Which doctor?

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 03/24/2022 11:10 pm

It looks great though. I am seriously considering Dr. Taylor now....

So how much did you pay?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/11/2022 3:28 pm

Whats the update?

Posted : 05/04/2022 12:20 am

Again, sorry for the delay. I™ve been wiped out from working so much trying to build up my savings again! 

anyway, these latest pics are from today after I got home from a 10 hr shift. I have on a foundation which evens out my skin tone nicely to keep the focus on my scars. 

im also gonna include some pics with no foundation so you can see the hypopigmentation that I have. Not a huge deal for me as it is covered relatively easy with makeup and as we all know, scars are so much more noticeable and damaging. 

they are definitely coming back but they look better than before. Not as sharply defined. Of course this is almost exactly two months after the procedure. Still have some swelling. My face only hurts very little now when touching and most of the sensation has come back. 

sad to see them come back but I was expecting it. Please let me know what you guys think of the difference. 

Not the best pictures honestly but I will take some more tomorrow in the sun to better show my skin. 

also I think included the price in one of my earlier posts. I think in total including air bnb, gas, creams, meds, and actual procedure I paid about 5000. My quote for just the procedures was around 4400?  Somewhere around there I put the exact amount in the earlier post. 

im still cautious about the results because as we all know, swelling lies to us and I have seen them returning.  I will wait until the third month to consider the final result. 

4BCC8559-972E-4729-B5C3-56E529F1C48D.jpeg.db5f2c02a39aec9ee2103f7476c7f3ed.jpeg

B2C6DFDA-D085-4366-A8BA-3BC26146163F.jpeg.2bebc7c1d9d0672c9dd8a0ae25378bc8.jpegD957455D-F12C-4BFC-A8DD-C536076E516E.jpeg.8f10a36cd64f028597894ca39b818004.jpegC127D5E5-FC23-4B26-BEF5-AB7D96D59E87.jpeg.b23be4f59fe9d8a8a01f68f0cf9b5f4d.jpeg

866F4269-5981-4044-A761-50B3FAF28AEB.jpeg.aeee92a42c610d57998457a1bffc0fa9.jpeg

now that I™m looking at these pictures I feel like they are not showing my scars too well. They are definitely more noticeable in person. Will definitely get better pictures tomorrow for you guys. 

the last few pictures are really just to show the hypopigmentation not the scars. 

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/04/2022 4:00 am

3 hours ago, Sam456 said:

Again, sorry for the delay. I™ve been wiped out from working so much trying to build up my savings again! 

anyway, these latest pics are from today after I got home from a 10 hr shift. I have on a foundation which evens out my skin tone nicely to keep the focus on my scars. 

im also gonna include some pics with no foundation so you can see the hypopigmentation that I have. Not a huge deal for me as it is covered relatively easy with makeup and as we all know, scars are so much more noticeable and damaging. 

they are definitely coming back but they look better than before. Not as sharply defined. Of course this is almost exactly two months after the procedure. Still have some swelling. My face only hurts very little now when touching and most of the sensation has come back. 

sad to see them come back but I was expecting it. Please let me know what you guys think of the difference. 

Not the best pictures honestly but I will take some more tomorrow in the sun to better show my skin. 

also I think included the price in one of my earlier posts. I think in total including air bnb, gas, creams, meds, and actual procedure I paid about 5000. My quote for just the procedures was around 4400?  Somewhere around there I put the exact amount in the earlier post. 

im still cautious about the results because as we all know, swelling lies to us and I have seen them returning.  I will wait until the third month to consider the final result. 

4BCC8559-972E-4729-B5C3-56E529F1C48D.jpeg.db5f2c02a39aec9ee2103f7476c7f3ed.jpeg

B2C6DFDA-D085-4366-A8BA-3BC26146163F.jpeg.2bebc7c1d9d0672c9dd8a0ae25378bc8.jpegD957455D-F12C-4BFC-A8DD-C536076E516E.jpeg.8f10a36cd64f028597894ca39b818004.jpegC127D5E5-FC23-4B26-BEF5-AB7D96D59E87.jpeg.b23be4f59fe9d8a8a01f68f0cf9b5f4d.jpeg

866F4269-5981-4044-A761-50B3FAF28AEB.jpeg.aeee92a42c610d57998457a1bffc0fa9.jpeg

now that I™m looking at these pictures I feel like they are not showing my scars too well. They are definitely more noticeable in person. Will definitely get better pictures tomorrow for you guys. 

the last few pictures are really just to show the hypopigmentation not the scars. 

Did you resume using tretinoin again. Yes the scars look softer and less pronounced which will go better and as time goes are coming closer to surface. Another option to consider now after 4 months would be phenol peel if the scars are near the surface.

Posted : 05/04/2022 11:46 am

Yes Ive restarted my retin a and regular regime trying to get ahead of the discoloration and breakouts. Ever since Dr. Taylors procedure, my breakouts have gone down. I dont know if thats because of the laser he used but its really helped.

I was hoping for this to be my last procedure but it doesnt look that way anymore. Im thinking now of going back at the 6 month mark and getting the fraxel repair and maybe the starwalker again with the peel. This time I will try to have at least two weeks off so I dont have to go through the stress of going to work all scabbed and burned up.

I am overall happy with the results as I look more evened out and the overall texture of my face and skin tone is much better.

i sometimes wonder if I should try sculptra/ infini again but Im not sure. I dont want to worsen my skin after all Ive gone through to get to this point but I keep thinking of that other posters results with that combo.

Im also not sure if I wanna go for something as hardcore as the phenol peel especially now that I have seen that the risk of hypopigmentation is very real.

I think I will do another round with Dr. Taylor and go from there.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 05/04/2022 11:57 pm

What part of the procedure do you think does the most job? How do you feel for Taylor Liberator? Is it really significantly better than canular?

Posted : 05/06/2022 11:39 am

On 5/4/2022 at 9:57 PM, froyosh said:

What part of the procedure do you think does the most job? How do you feel for Taylor Liberator? Is it really significantly better than canular?

I honestly cant say. They all target different parts of the same problem so having them all done gives better results than just one thing.

individually, I dont know. I would say if youve already travelled all the way there then best to follow what he says. Of course I understand money is always an issue. Thats a very personal question.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 05/09/2022 10:49 pm

Thanks, please keep us posted a couple of months later.

MemberMember
(@baylenbb)

Posted : 05/09/2022 11:37 pm

dermabrasion may help you if you go to a proper plastic surgeon who is experienced with it. Not sure if your skin type is too dark but its worth a shot to have a consult. Dermabrasion is deeper than laser, although also more risky. Research the procedure and see if you think its something for you.

note: I have not received dermabrasion for my scarring but I am considering it after I recover from my excision.

MemberMember
(@kayy0909)

Posted : 05/10/2022 1:39 pm

Thank you for keeping us updated with your journey. I can see the improvement in your scarring! I also just got a quote for Dr. Taylor and it's expensive, but I think I'm going to go through with it because at this point.. I just don't know who to see and where to go..

Hope you continue to heal well and get the results that you hope for. Again, thanks for updating us who are also suffering from scars.

Posted : 05/10/2022 2:06 pm

22 minutes ago, Kayy0909 said:

Thank you for keeping us updated with your journey. I can see the improvement in your scarring! I also just got a quote for Dr. Taylor and it's expensive, but I think I'm going to go through with it because at this point.. I just don't know who to see and where to go..

Hope you continue to heal well and get the results that you hope for. Again, thanks for updating us who are also suffering from scars.

Thats exactly how I feel! Ive done pretty much everything and kinda feel like my options are down to nothing at this point.

I also feel like the clock is ticking because it seems like Dr Taylor will retire soon and this treatment is the first thing that has given me so much improvement in one go.

Anyway, good luck to you. Remember that his office books at least a month out.

14 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

dermabrasion may help you if you go to a proper plastic surgeon who is experienced with it. Not sure if your skin type is too dark but its worth a shot to have a consult. Dermabrasion is deeper than laser, although also more risky. Research the procedure and see if you think its something for you.

note: I have not received dermabrasion for my scarring but I am considering it after I recover from my excision.

Yes Ive also considered it but it seems so scary. As I have my scarring all over, if it goes wrong it will go very wrong.

Ill see how the final results look in a month and go from there.

good luck to you!

Miran and Kayy0909 liked

Posted : 05/11/2022 2:24 am

On 5/9/2022 at 9:37 PM, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

Ok guys I am seriously considering having a sculptra injection to help with collagen formation. I know the lasers most likely did away with my recent juvederm filler(3 vials) and it has been years (3-4?)since the last(first and only) time I got sculptra ( one vial).

I know I have a chubby face already but I wanna help promote the collagen and as always improve my scars.

if I do decide to get it, should I get one or two vials? And should I wait until three months from my procedure? Im only at two months and a week rn

Am I getting too greedy? Now that Ive seen some improvement I want it all lol. What do u guys think???

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/14/2022 5:42 am

You can go for it as the procedure is below the surface.

Posted : 05/26/2022 9:28 pm

Quick update.

went to a local medspa today to get sculptra. And the injector actually refused. She said I already had a very round face and she didnt think it was a good idea. I do appreciate that actually as I myself was not too sure about it.

Anyway, slightly unrelated but I did end up getting Botox injections in my masseter muscles to relax the muscle. I do grind my teeth at night so this will help with that but the primary reason I got it is to help slim my face at the bottom.

Every little bit counts to help me look better as a whole right?

I did find beautiful ambitions site and will most likely go ahead and move forward with that. Im curious to see what he suggests, as I feel very unsure as to how to proceed. Is my skin better than it was a year ago? Yes but I feel like Im not where I would like to be or could be.

also I did do a 25% TCA peel this week as I had some hyperpigmentation and congestion I was trying to knock out in one go.

Will not say a date as I never follow through but will post pictures soon. Maybe you guys can see something I cannot.

Ive been feeling pretty down these last couple weeks thinking about the impact and permanence of these scars, something we all go through here I know.

oh well, what can we do. Onwards and upwards.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 05/27/2022 12:04 am

2 hours ago, Sam456 said:

Quick update.

went to a local medspa today to get sculptra. And the injector actually refused. She said I already had a very round face and she didnt think it was a good idea. I do appreciate that actually as I myself was not too sure about it.

Anyway, slightly unrelated but I did end up getting Botox injections in my masseter muscles to relax the muscle. I do grind my teeth at night so this will help with that but the primary reason I got it is to help slim my face at the bottom.

I did find beautiful ambitions site and will most likely go ahead and move forward with that. Im curious to see what he suggests, as I feel very unsure as to how to proceed. Is my skin better than it was a year ago? Yes but I feel like Im not where I would like to be or could be.

also I did do a 25% TCA peel this week as I had some hyperpigmentation and congestion I was trying to knock out in one go.

Will not say a date as I never follow through but will post pictures soon. Maybe you guys can see something I cannot.

Ive been feeling pretty down these last couple weeks thinking about the impact and permanence of these scars, something we all go through here I know.

Did you see an uplift of scars where there was tethering?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/04/2022 5:03 am

On 5/26/2022 at 9:28 PM, Sam456 said:

Quick update.

Again not a big fan of fractional lasers I would suggest after 2 to 3 months consider going full ablation erbium or co2 or both. There is a doctor in Middle East who constantly does Fitzpatrick 3,4,5

Posted : 06/04/2022 7:52 pm

14 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Again not a big fan of fractional lasers I would suggest after 2 to 3 months consider going full ablation erbium or co2 or both. There is a doctor in Middle East who constantly does Fitzpatrick 3,4,5

Hi get smart. Thanks for your continued commentary and support! I am having a very hard time finding somewhere in LA to do laser on me due to my skin color. Another reason to go back to Dr Taylor but it is so impractical and time consuming not to mention expensive to travel so far. 

I am considering going back to Ben Benham as he once mentioned he would be willing to use his co2 laser on me which I believe is the smartxide dot laser or something like that. He mentioned that it was 2500 for the full face which seems reasonable to me. However he doesn™t seem to take much care in what he does so this is not my first choice of course. 

I have emailed Dr rullans office to schedule a phenol cross and erbium, which hopefully he agrees to do. I™ll let him know that I have had erbium before so hopefully that will convince him. 

at the moment I am having some breakouts which is so counter productive. I found a medspa local to me that has the fotona laser, same as the one Dr. Taylor has. This one can be used to help control active acne and as it worked so well for me before I would like to give it another try. 

I™ve attached some pictures of my skin in the sunlight. My scarring definitely looks better in this lighting. But take it with a grain of salt. When I go back to work I will try to take some pictures there, as this is some of the worst lighting for me unfortunately and more realistic. 

I still need improvement and I go through periods of deep depression regarding my scars. However seeing this these pictures of my scars gives me hope that they™re getting better. 

30501546-CBEF-4A5C-BBEA-65628C95AE44.jpeg.4a6dd16241cc413c389542e44c55d010.jpeg5345BA38-C7B5-4BF1-84CF-60D061DED09D.jpeg.fca11f59f2f67f50c5dc054b887b2831.jpeg32587C6B-6CCD-4115-ABCF-6D3FDDE1E449.jpeg.9ea1af070437abcf2b4c3f75efa5eb55.jpegA04FFF88-9AE1-4232-9B3E-EDF365F650AA.jpeg.c28f5e770efc85c3858f449d8e52eb6f.jpeg0F9BEFCA-715B-425F-A5F0-F9DB63441A96.jpeg.55c6b539fc6f2dca269a83bb319b6079.jpegE6E0CE4B-1661-49F3-9C0D-A69D58F9DA07.jpeg.897020e5637208aa4e18864d6f3ee60d.jpegB70FDB32-F726-4FF6-88EB-9518E1A573C7.jpeg.af03f5298338902187461c60992a41b3.jpeg4FCEC525-6924-4CAD-A203-E7A814A0A3E7.jpeg.f6892b6ec4e18e32618bdd251c72cecd.jpeg49CAD078-C162-4A7B-A70B-C08437AEAF62.jpeg.2e21ffe344adee3b2f0987e1e78b5d8d.jpeg

Also I looked into dermabrasion and it seems so full of permanent side effects. My face has widespread scarring but it looks reasonably normal. I could not deal with worsened scarring or permanent hypopigmentation. 

I will continue to pursue other options. 

in my mind, I would like to get 2-3 phenol cross/ erbium with Dr Rullan as this is only a 3-4 drive for me, much more reasonable. Continue with my home TCA and glycolic peels. 

Thinking about going to Dr. Rahimi as he has the mixto laser and I do feel my scars are more raised than when I first saw him years ago. So maybe the improvement would be better. I know Dr.  Lim also mentioned using the mixto laser so that makes me feel better. however this would be around 3500 dollars. 

I think I™m done with subcision.  I™ve had so many including my latest Taylor liberator. 

I also think I will start at home micro needling as well. If only to help with my  hyperpigmentation and product absorption. 

what do you guys think. 

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/04/2022 9:39 pm

1 hour ago, Sam456 said:

Hi get smart. Thanks for your continued commentary and support! I am having a very hard time finding somewhere in LA to do laser on me due to my skin color. Another reason to go back to Dr Taylor but it is so impractical and time consuming not to mention expensive to travel so far. 

I am considering going back to Ben Benham as he once mentioned he would be willing to use his co2 laser on me which I believe is the smartxide dot laser or something like that. He mentioned that it was 2500 for the full face which seems reasonable to me. However he doesn™t seem to take much care in what he does so this is not my first choice of course. 

I have emailed Dr rullans office to schedule a phenol cross and erbium, which hopefully he agrees to do. I™ll let him know that I have had erbium before so hopefully that will convince him. 

at the moment I am having some breakouts which is so counter productive. I found a medspa local to me that has the fotona laser, same as the one Dr. Taylor has. This one can be used to help control active acne and as it worked so well for me before I would like to give it another try. 

I™ve attached some pictures of my skin in the sunlight. My scarring definitely looks better in this lighting. But take it with a grain of salt. When I go back to work I will try to take some pictures there, as this is some of the worst lighting for me unfortunately and more realistic. 

I still need improvement and I go through periods of deep depression regarding my scars. However seeing this these pictures of my scars gives me hope that they™re getting better. 

30501546-CBEF-4A5C-BBEA-65628C95AE44.jpeg.4a6dd16241cc413c389542e44c55d010.jpeg5345BA38-C7B5-4BF1-84CF-60D061DED09D.jpeg.fca11f59f2f67f50c5dc054b887b2831.jpeg32587C6B-6CCD-4115-ABCF-6D3FDDE1E449.jpeg.9ea1af070437abcf2b4c3f75efa5eb55.jpegA04FFF88-9AE1-4232-9B3E-EDF365F650AA.jpeg.c28f5e770efc85c3858f449d8e52eb6f.jpeg0F9BEFCA-715B-425F-A5F0-F9DB63441A96.jpeg.55c6b539fc6f2dca269a83bb319b6079.jpegE6E0CE4B-1661-49F3-9C0D-A69D58F9DA07.jpeg.897020e5637208aa4e18864d6f3ee60d.jpegB70FDB32-F726-4FF6-88EB-9518E1A573C7.jpeg.af03f5298338902187461c60992a41b3.jpeg4FCEC525-6924-4CAD-A203-E7A814A0A3E7.jpeg.f6892b6ec4e18e32618bdd251c72cecd.jpeg49CAD078-C162-4A7B-A70B-C08437AEAF62.jpeg.2e21ffe344adee3b2f0987e1e78b5d8d.jpeg

Also I looked into dermabrasion and it seems so full of permanent side effects. My face has widespread scarring but it looks reasonably normal. I could not deal with worsened scarring or permanent hypopigmentation. 

I will continue to pursue other options. 

in my mind, I would like to get 2-3 phenol cross/ erbium with Dr Rullan as this is only a 3-4 drive for me, much more reasonable. Continue with my home TCA and glycolic peels. 

Thinking about going to Dr. Rahimi as he has the mixto laser and I do feel my scars are more raised than when I first saw him years ago. So maybe the improvement would be better. I know Dr.  Lim also mentioned using the mixto laser so that makes me feel better. however this would be around 3500 dollars. 

I think I™m done with subcision.  I™ve had so many including my latest Taylor liberator. 

I also think I will start at home micro needling as well. If only to help with my  hyperpigmentation and product absorption. 

what do you guys think. 

but honestly your scars look so good. Especially from the parallel angle to your face. Your tethers are broken so there are no rolling left. It™s just the boxcar edges you have to focus on.
Yes don™t get any more Subcision if Taylor didn™t help nothing else will because you have literally cut the tethers so there is no more scope for that. Now only look into top procedures. Dr rullan would be a good choice to constantly change the shape of top scars further. Erbium and cross specifically. He has started a new strategy to soften the edges ie use phenol to paint the sides of the scars then do fraction erbium and wipe off the edges and then do erbium again and then wipe again. This is also causing a good effect in softening the scars.

also dr rullan also have a co2 laser if you can convince home to use on you or do a test spot.

Lookup this doctor weal aldaraji on instagram he constantly does ultrapulse co2 or sciton erbium for dark skin types. Logic says he won™t be able to do that many cases if he was complications with the full ablation. Dr are very afraid to do full ablation for darker skin types here in USA. Temporary side effects such as pih is fine what we should focus more on permanent results for scars. As far as I know dr Taylor is open for full ablation with erbium but not co2

Posted : 06/04/2022 10:22 pm

30 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

but honestly your scars look so good. Especially from the parallel angle to your face. Your tethers are broken so there are no rolling left. Its just the boxcar edges you have to focus on.
Yes dont get any more Subcision if Taylor didnt help nothing else will because you have literally cut the tethers so there is no more scope for that. Now only look into top procedures. Dr rullan would be a good choice to constantly change the shape of top scars further. Erbium and cross specifically. He has started a new strategy to soften the edges ie use phenol to paint the sides of the scars then do fraction erbium and wipe off the edges and then do erbium again and then wipe again. This is also causing a good effect in softening the scars.

also dr rullan also have a co2 laser if you can convince home to use on you or do a test spot.

Lookup this doctor weal aldaraji on instagram he constantly does ultrapulse co2 or sciton erbium for dark skin types. Logic says he wont be able to do that many cases if he was complications with the full ablation. Dr are very afraid to do full ablation for darker skin types here in USA. Temporary side effects such as pih is fine what we should focus more on permanent results for scars. As far as I know dr Taylor is open for full ablation with erbium but not co2

Thank you so much!!! I dont look great in all lighting which I hope to capture for you guys but much better than before.

I actually tried to take pictures in my bathroom where most of my pictures are taken but had a hard time capturing the scars. Definitely think this is good news as I had a very easy time getting the scars on camera before!!

Also please keep in mind that I have on a silicone primer (porefessional by benefit), concealer and foundation by ilia. So without makeup my scars are more noticeable, confirmed by my family. I am also suffering from breakouts which have left me with dark spots so I took the pics with makeup on to show you guys the scars on a clean canvas so to speak.

like we all know pigmentation is temporary whereas scarring is permanent so this does not bother me too much but definitely something Im working on of course.

I have also recently become aware of scarring I have right below my jawline which I hadnt noticed! It looks terrible so I try not to focus on it. I am on the shorter side so thankfully most people look down on me so not a big deal thank god. Definitely think the cheek and forehead scarring is more noticeable and captures the eye and attention right away. Will try to work on that anyway though.

im so happy to hear Dr. Rullan has a new technique! Now that my scarring is a little more cleaned up and I can start to differentiate the different scars I can see I have some wide box scars. I am wondering about excising those and will ask Dr Rullan when I see him. Hopefully I can get an appointment with him soon.

Ive been calling but no one answers. Hopefully they answer my email especially if they are booking a month out.

Hope this is helping you guys.

Kay24 and getsmart121 liked

Posted : 06/07/2022 12:07 pm

Hi all, 

as promised, some pictures under overhead focused fluorescent lighting in my work bathroom. Truly my worst lighting. 

I am embarrassed to put these up but it is what it is. Overall, they look much softer. There are just so many of them and very widespread so it still looks terrible. 

looking at these pictures, I don™t think I can wait for Rullan in a month or more. I think I will schedule a mixto with Dr Rahimi and then phenol/ erbium with Rullan for 2-3 months after. 

I remember one poster here had a few sessions with mixto and had great results so hopefully I have fair to good results as well, especially considering that my scars are pretty raised compared to baseline.

I also think it is inevitable that I will do the phenol peel in the next year. My texture is absolutely terrible and my scarring widespread.  

on that depressing note, will update later. 

727CC29A-34EC-46F3-B96C-3952E1B74069.jpeg.2b009711b9c632bcb83aebd4af74079a.jpeg771E4C1E-7E0D-42CA-9C05-413ABE0B2CDC.jpeg.64a76a47216e5afefa8d3a295d567045.jpegFC068CF2-6291-4AFF-81A2-7523A5BF219D.jpeg.9348d3e7a5739cc144501896998cdef0.jpeg77DBE64D-4D7B-40B8-834F-42D97C5A85C9.jpeg.2328576b35051ce6a758dab1d76a1286.jpeg

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/07/2022 2:27 pm

2 hours ago, Sam456 said:

Hi all, 

as promised, some pictures under overhead focused fluorescent lighting in my work bathroom. Truly my worst lighting. 

I am embarrassed to put these up but it is what it is. Overall, they look much softer. There are just so many of them and very widespread so it still looks terrible. 

looking at these pictures, I don™t think I can wait for Rullan in a month or more. I think I will schedule a mixto with Dr Rahimi and then phenol/ erbium with Rullan for 2-3 months after. 

I remember one poster here had a few sessions with mixto and had great results so hopefully I have fair to good results as well, especially considering that my scars are pretty raised compared to baseline.

I also think it is inevitable that I will do the phenol peel in the next year. My texture is absolutely terrible and my scarring widespread.  

on that depressing note, will update later. 

727CC29A-34EC-46F3-B96C-3952E1B74069.jpeg.2b009711b9c632bcb83aebd4af74079a.jpeg771E4C1E-7E0D-42CA-9C05-413ABE0B2CDC.jpeg.64a76a47216e5afefa8d3a295d567045.jpegFC068CF2-6291-4AFF-81A2-7523A5BF219D.jpeg.9348d3e7a5739cc144501896998cdef0.jpeg77DBE64D-4D7B-40B8-834F-42D97C5A85C9.jpeg.2328576b35051ce6a758dab1d76a1286.jpeg

Just do crosses now, looks like you don™t have tethering beneath. But more like boxcars. I would say goto dr rullan and just continue cross sessions/erbium this will be cheaper. Don™t invest anymore in Subcison procedures. Just want to say bathroom lights are the worst. Honestly it maybe worth for you to take the risk of dermabrasion as that can definitely smooth out the hard edges. Or you can take a risk with phenol chemobrasion. I keep saying that dr Taylor full ablation but keeps pushing his shitty fractional laser. That is why I am not a big fan of fractional per se the results are not dramatic.

thanks for the honesty.

lookup wael Al daraji on Instagram where he does full ablation for acne acars

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/07/2022 5:35 pm

See I am pretty sure they did full ablation with co2 or erbium. I believe the doctor went really deep on the edges and hence hypopigmentation but the angles of the scar has converted to almost flat. This is where fillers can come in and level it. I guess he needs to use a concealer the rest of his life but atleast he doesn™t have that hard scar edge. Do you know that ultrapulse co2 laser is used for melting even the burned scars. This all boils down to how aggressive the doctor is willing to go on you. Coming to you your scars maybe 20 percent in depth compared to this patient below. You should technically see much higher results.

7F41EDB8-8053-4090-9742-0B92726F299B.jpeg

Posted : 06/10/2022 1:24 pm

Glad that patient had good results but that hypopigmentation is so severe and hard to cover. He shouldve invested in manual procedures first to raise but of course they like to push lasers first.

anyway, Ive just gotten off the phone with Dr. Rahimi. He wanted me to do sculptra/ subcision/ and the mixto laser. I declined the subcision and sculptra and I could tell he wasnt too happy with that.

he did agree to go aggressive on my scarring even with my skin color. That is very much appreciated. He said that there would be pih which we would fade out with creams and is no concern to me.

Ive set up an appointment with him for July 15 th as I will have five full days of recovery afterwards.

the price is 3000 as that is what is listed on his site and he will honor it. He wanted to charge me 3500 for the laser.

I think I might try at least two sessions of this with him and go from there. Maybe with the second treatment I will do another vial of sculptra but def not for the first one.

im happy to be moving forward but this is definitely a long journey.

hopefully I get good results from this. I also got in touch with rullans office. I honestly might just wait until next year and just do the phenol peel after these two laser treatments. I dont want to waste my time doing the slow moving phenol cross.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 06/10/2022 2:01 pm

What gave you the impression Dr Taylor was retiring?

They injector that wouldn't do sculptra is an idiot. Its so subtle, and it's not even a filler