Notifications
Clear all

Journey 2018-?

MemberMember
(@astralscarecrowgmail-com)

Posted : 02/03/2022 9:57 pm

I'm sorry Sam, you've put so much money into this. I hope that you have found at least some improvement from when you first started. Even though they might not work great, I wish I had the money for these procedures. Which of them if any do you think were most effective? I will probably need to be selective.

Posted : 02/03/2022 11:02 pm

Thank you. I am very fortunate that I have had relatively well paying jobs that have had frequent overtime available. Also, although it has summed up to be quite a bit of money, it was spread out throughout the years so it was not a big burden all at once. Also, I put the prices because I would always wonder myself when I would read these posts. Please remember I live in the Los Angeles area so everything is more expensive here but it at least gives you an idea.

If I could go back, I would do around 3 subcisions with either filler or suction, dilute sculptra a month before infini x2, and phenol cross a few times to blend out the scar edges.

Then maybe Dr. Taylor for laser of the edges then finish off with the phenol peel. Or just one of the two.

would this have given me more improvement? Or would I have just been at the same level then as I am now? Who can say. I see some success stories and I dont understand why I have not had the same. But I also know I was not consistent with seeking treatment and let large gaps pass.

I am hopeful for Dr. Taylor he has great reviews.

I will wait to post updated pics, my skin is looking more terrible than usual. I am breaking out with some hormonal acne on myjawline which is making me even more depressed. I will do a glycolic peel tonight to help it clear up soon.

Posted : 02/06/2022 11:48 pm

I am debating whether I should fly to Utah or drive. It would be a ten hour drive which is not ideal but would give me the use of a car throughout my stay and allow me to get home quickly.

if I fly, its only two hours but I dont know when I will feel comfortable or be able to fly back. I think I would be embarrassed to have to show my red and oozing face to the TSA agent. Would they even be able to compare me to my ID?

has anyone flown soon after CO2 laser? What do you guys suggest? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 02/07/2022 3:03 am

3 hours ago, Sam456 said:

I am debating whether I should fly to Utah or drive. It would be a ten hour drive which is not ideal but would give me the use of a car throughout my stay and allow me to get home quickly.

if I fly, its only two hours but I dont know when I will feel comfortable or be able to fly back. I think I would be embarrassed to have to show my red and oozing face to the TSA agent. Would they even be able to compare me to my ID?

has anyone flown soon after CO2 laser? What do you guys suggest? Thanks.

Just stay in Utah for 2 days, the treatment day and the next day to make sure you are healing as you should. And then fly back . I have seen dr Jason emer uses a plastic face mask. Which sticks to your face. And also purchase a face visor that will make sure you are protected from sun and embarrassment. The plastic should still show your facial shape.Which help them, identify your face shape. Besides you can get a doctor letter to show that you had treatment.

Posted : 02/23/2022 1:58 am

Ok guys so Ive decided to drive to Utah for convenience. I will be going with a family member so it wont be too bad. 10 hour road trip anyone?
maybe Ill get to see some snow.

My appointment is next week. Im having some second thoughts but dont really see any options left for me.
absolutely do not have the downtime for phenol peel, barely have the downtime for this.

if I dont do this, what can I do? Well see.
Will update you guys after the procedure.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 02/23/2022 3:07 am

1 hour ago, Sam456 said:

Ok guys so Ive decided to drive to Utah for convenience. I will be going with a family member so it wont be too bad. 10 hour road trip anyone?
maybe Ill get to see some snow.

My appointment is next week. Im having some second thoughts but dont really see any options left for me.
absolutely do not have the downtime for phenol peel, barely have the downtime for this.

if I dont do this, what can I do? Well see.
Will update you guys after the procedure.

Be on retin a before the treatment and stop it a week before. Also ask him about fractional laser causing texture issues. And if he think he can co2 fractional for your skin. The thing is co2 fractional produces heat with it so contracts and ablatesskin. Whereas fractional erbium just ablatesthe skin. He would usually do 4 to 5 passes not sure if doing less passes doesnt give texture issues. I always think fractional is always risky for the texture, full abaltive throughout wont because you are equally ablating the tissue throughout. Yes there could be other side effects like pigment changes if the settings are not right. Or just that if you react bad.
here is dr Emil performing full abaltive erbium not fractional on the cheek area for Fitzpatrick 5 or 6.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaKmyAcsAW4/?utm_medium=copy_link

Posted : 02/24/2022 10:25 pm

Thank you getsmart121. You have been a big help.

Below is what Ill have done next week

(includes a 20% TCA peel to the entire face, subcision to cheeks and temples, fraxel repair to cheeks and temples
and tangential resurfacing to scars that will benefit)
they will use fully ablative laser to the edges of the scars. They said they dont use erbium laser for scars but who knows.

I have been pretreating with hydroquinone as well so hopefully that helps.

hopefully everything goes well and I see fair to good results. Regardless, I will keep you all updated

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 02/25/2022 2:37 am

4 hours ago, Sam456 said:

Thank you getsmart121. You have been a big help.

Below is what Ill have done next week

(includes a 20% TCA peel to the entire face, subcision to cheeks and temples, fraxel repair to cheeks and temples
and tangential resurfacing to scars that will benefit)
they will use fully ablative laser to the edges of the scars. They said they dont use erbium laser for scars but who knows.

I have been pretreating with hydroquinone as well so hopefully that helps.

hopefully everything goes well and I see fair to good results. Regardless, I will keep you all updated

Keep us posted plz. I am also considering Dr. Taylor. I believe he's the top laser expert and also pioneer for acne scar treatments. I've seen a video that Dr. Weiner was learning from Dr. Taylor.

Posted : 03/01/2022 5:32 pm

Im a little worried because as we all know, there are pretty much no reviews on this site about him.

however, I know beautiful ambition always recommended him as one of the final steps, and there mustve been a reason for that.
Is it bad that Im trusting beautiful ambition? Who knows. I do feel like he really did try to help a lot of people.

Anyway, I will get the procedure done and report back. Wish me luck.

Posted : 03/03/2022 8:39 am

Ok guys so I had my treatment done yesterday with Dr. Taylor. His office is very nice and actually pretty big. I went in at around 9 am for my initial meeting/ consult. He did want to switch out the co2 laser for the starwalker as he said the starwalker works a little better for darker skin tones and that the difference between the two is about 2% in improvement.
he showed me some pictures of a woman who had had the starwalker done and the results looked very good of course the last picture he had of her was three weeks out so probably there was still swelling

Then I picked up some pain medication and went back at around 1:30 for the treatment. I liked that everything and everyone was very organized. They had me take my Percocet and Valium and applied the topical numbing.

After about an hour of waiting, they started the procedure. The TCA peel was actually the most painful part of the whole thing, and they only use 20% but as its medical grade its more pure or strong? After that, the procedure went by very smoothly. The tumescent anesthesia is very uncomfortable and you feel yourself blowing up like a balloon when they are injecting it. I could barely open my eyes and could not close my lips, hard to talk as well.

I would say that during the subcision I could not hear the crackling as Ive heard before but you can definitely hear and feel that he was working through some resistance. Very hard to explain but I do believe there were plenty of scar bands for him to cut.

After the whole thing was done, they covered me in atb ointment and put on a thick paddedwhole face mask in order to absorb the drainage from the tumescent anesthesia and blood. It was also covered in a thick layer of antibiotic ointment so its a bulky thing.

when I go to my follow up, I will ask for the notes on my procedure so I can list in more detail the passes of the laser and things like that. Hopefully they do not give me a hard time.

they did say that acne scarring is their number one treatment they perform and they regularly get people flying in from far away. Even when I was there, there was a girl who would be flying home after her treatment as well.

will update later today. I think I will wait to post pictures as i look truly horrifying all puffed up and extremely red.I actually scared myself when I looked in the mirror. Let me know what you guys think and would like me to do.

MemberMember
(@kayy0909)

Posted : 03/03/2022 8:49 am

I'm hoping you'll see great improvement with the procedures done. I got phenol cross and taylor liberator subcision from a doctor in Beverly Hills late last year; and honestly disappointed especially since he was not cheap yet the photos and reviews about him were all positive. Anyway, wishing you good outcome and thank you so much for keeping this thread up to date.. I'll probably see Dr. Taylor next.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 03/03/2022 11:11 pm

14 hours ago, Sam456 said:

Ok guys so I had my treatment done yesterday with Dr. Taylor. His office is very nice and actually pretty big. I went in at around 9 am for my initial meeting/ consult. He did want to switch out the co2 laser for the starwalker as he said the starwalker works a little better for darker skin tones and that the difference between the two is about 2% in improvement.
he showed me some pictures of a woman who had had the starwalker done and the results looked very good of course the last picture he had of her was three weeks out so probably there was still swelling

Then I picked up some pain medication and went back at around 1:30 for the treatment. I liked that everything and everyone was very organized. They had me take my Percocet and Valium and applied the topical numbing.

After about an hour of waiting, they started the procedure. The TCA peel was actually the most painful part of the whole thing, and they only use 20% but as its medical grade its more pure or strong? After that, the procedure went by very smoothly. The tumescent anesthesia is very uncomfortable and you feel yourself blowing up like a balloon when they are injecting it. I could barely open my eyes and could not close my lips, hard to talk as well.

I would say that during the subcision I could not hear the crackling as Ive heard before but you can definitely hear and feel that he was working through some resistance. Very hard to explain but I do believe there were plenty of scar bands for him to cut.

After the whole thing was done, they covered me in atb ointment and put on a thick paddedwhole face mask in order to absorb the drainage from the tumescent anesthesia and blood. It was also covered in a thick layer of antibiotic ointment so its a bulky thing.

when I go to my follow up, I will ask for the notes on my procedure so I can list in more detail the passes of the laser and things like that. Hopefully they do not give me a hard time.

they did say that acne scarring is their number one treatment they perform and they regularly get people flying in from far away. Even when I was there, there was a girl who would be flying home after her treatment as well.

will update later today. I think I will wait to post pictures as i look truly horrifying all puffed up and extremely red.I actually scared myself when I looked in the mirror. Let me know what you guys think and would like me to do.

Did Dr Taylor do fully ablative spot treatment for individual scars for you?

Posted : 03/04/2022 1:21 am

1 hour ago, froyosh said:

Did Dr Taylor do fully ablative spot treatment for individual scars for you?

So he did switch out the co2 laser for the starwalker, as we discussed in the initial meeting. I was not too happy but I deferred to his expertise. He mentioned hyperpigmentation and I told him that was not a concern for me, as I could get rid of pigmentation but not scarring. However, I did agreeto the starwalker.

Now remember, in my email consultation and even in my initial meeting with him that morning, we did agree that we would continue with the fraxel repair. However, he changed that out for the fotona laser. I was too out of it to realize at the time but it did occur to me later. Regardless, it was done already and I did not have a chance to ask him why he did that, especially without my consent. I am not too happy about that, however I do think he has a considerable amount of experience and used his professional judgment.

He said he used the fotona laser for the tangential resurfacing(angled/ horizontal)right after the peel, then the starwalker all over the scars after the subcision.

I do have widespread scarring so he really went over basically my entire temples and cheeks with both lasers.

When I search online it says that the fotona laser is afractionated superficial ablative erbium laser.

For the starwalker, it says it is a high-energy ablative fractional nanosecond Q-switched 1,064 nm laser. I specifically remember him mention the 1064 number in regards to the starwalker.

When I asked for the notes on my procedure, they said it was not ready yet and had not been signed by Dr. Taylor. I will follow up with that next week, so I can share it here.

I remember he did quite a few passes with each laser. With the starwalker, I believe I remember him saying five passes.

As I am looking pretty raw, I believe these lasers were pretty strong. I did let him know that I had had these scars for a very long time and wanted aggressive treatment, within reason and what he thought was safe for me.

Well see how I heal and see if he lives up to the hype. I also asked and it seems he is thinking about retiring in the next couple of years. He did not say this but I asked one of the assistants there.

There was also another doctor there with Dr. Taylor. They did not tell me she was training and they were actually going to have her do some of my procedure. I had a feeling they were going to do that so I let Dr. Taylor know I only wanted him to do my procedure. No offense to her, but I went there for him not for a student to practice on my face. Just a heads up if any of you go with him.

16 hours ago, Kayy0909 said:

I'm hoping you'll see great improvement with the procedures done. I got phenol cross and taylor liberator subcision from a doctor in Beverly Hills late last year; and honestly disappointed especially since he was not cheap yet the photos and reviews about him were all positive. Anyway, wishing you good outcome and thank you so much for keeping this thread up to date.. I'll probably see Dr. Taylor next.

Im sorry to hear that! Its so hard to find a good doctor that you can trust. They definitely know how to charge in Beverly Hills.

Hopefully, Dr. Taylor lives up to his reviews.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 03/04/2022 3:10 am

Yeah, I like Dr. Taylor's aggressive approach, but was also concerning about the use of lasers. Both fotona and starwalk seem to have much weaker power than things like Ultrapulse or even fraxel repair. That's one of the reason I am still hesitating...

Posted : 03/04/2022 10:03 am

6 hours ago, froyosh said:

Yeah, I like Dr. Taylor's aggressive approach, but was also concerning about the use of lasers. Both fotona and starwalk seem to have much weaker power than things like Ultrapulse or even fraxel repair. That's one of the reason I am still hesitating...

the thing that works against me is that I have darker skin. For people with lighter skin, I think doctors in general are much more willing to use the stronger lasers.

I do have to say though that lasers are no joke. This recovery is horrifying. My face looks absolutely disgusting. I am so raw and red and leaking.

I am actually disgusted when I have to wash and grease up my face, and I get a little nauseous.

I dont know if this is normal recovery for lasers but I dont know that I would wanna do this again. I actually cant imagine what the recovery would be like with the co2 laser if this is supposed to have been mild lasers.

When I talked to the training doctor about possible repeating the procedure, she said most are satisfied with one round of the one and done. Only a handful of people have ever decided to go back and get the whole thing again. This also gives me hope that Dr. Taylor has perfected his method and is able to give good improvement the first time around.

for people who have gotten laser before, what was your experience like?

MemberMember
(@kayy0909)

Posted : 03/07/2022 2:11 pm

On 3/4/2022 at 7:03 AM, Sam456 said:

the thing that works against me is that I have darker skin. For people with lighter skin, I think doctors in general are much more willing to use the stronger lasers.

I do have to say though that lasers are no joke. This recovery is horrifying. My face looks absolutely disgusting. I am so raw and red and leaking.

I am actually disgusted when I have to wash and grease up my face, and I get a little nauseous.

I dont know if this is normal recovery for lasers but I dont know that I would wanna do this again. I actually cant imagine what the recovery would be like with the co2 laser if this is supposed to have been mild lasers.

When I talked to the training doctor about possible repeating the procedure, she said most are satisfied with one round of the one and done. Only a handful of people have ever decided to go back and get the whole thing again. This also gives me hope that Dr. Taylor has perfected his method and is able to give good improvement the first time around.

I haven't gotten ablative laser, so I'm not too sure what the normal recovery looks like. Dr Taylor uploaded a new video on his YT a few days ago using the two techniques he used on you. If your face looks similar to that patient, that's probably what normal recovery looks like. It looks really painful. How are you tolerating the pain? Hope all is well and you're recovering well.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 03/07/2022 5:48 pm

On 3/4/2022 at 9:03 AM, Sam456 said:

Get those anti itch tablets prednisone if you start to get itchy. Yes the recovery is brutal. He does more than 5 passes which means this become more full ablation as there is likelihood of dots get close together but still full ablation is the way to go. A consistent ablation is key. You will start seeing results at 2 month and more. Hope you have a speedy recovery, not sure if this will cause you texture issues for you maybe since he didnt combined Subcision for me, it caused for me but no idea. I hope you only get positive results. But one thing is for sure you will see scar edges getting softened.

Posted : 03/11/2022 9:52 pm

Hi all,

thanks for your concern and advice. It is now a little more than a week since my procedure as I had it last Wednesday on March 2nd. Not to be too graphic but my raw areas and leaking slowly healed up and was more or less closed up by Monday.

I was puffed up like a balloon and that slowly went down over the last few days. I finished peeling for the most part yesterday, the peel he does is super deep and intense. Nothing like my little home ones my gosh. I guess it is worth it to get them done with a doctor at least every once in a while.

I did not take pictures of my recovery as I really was so disgusted with myself. Im sorry about that guys and I do regret that but if any of you get this done, you will understand what I mean.

Not to say I am done recovering. My face is still swollen and its sore! I cannot put too much pressure on my face as it hurts. I am still sleeping flat on my back as I am scared to put pressure on it if I were to sleep sideways.

I would say a good portion of my upper cheeksare numb. Now this sounds scary but there is no serious nerve damage. I am able to move everything like normal. But I dont really feel anything when I touch my cheeks to be honest. I knew this was likely before I went into it and I was prepared. Honestly it makes little to no difference in my day to day life and I believe it resolves in a few months possibly up to two years.

I did tell Dr. Taylor prior to my procedure that I was worried about serious nerve damage but he said that there is no chance of that as he is going into a more superficial layer when he does the subcision.

I dont think I really bruised at all from the subcision. Of course I am basing this off of what my skin looked likewhen I finally finished peeling. I am not exaggerating at all when I say my whole face was so dark, almost black from the peel.

I definitely think the tumescent anesthesia takes the subcision to a whole other level and of course his very aggressive technique. Like I mentioned my face is very sore and numb in a way that I have never experienced before with subcision. This gives me hope that it will be more effective.

Right now my skin looks very dry and is still lightly peeling and flaking, almost like a little second peel is happening. I am moisturizing heavily, mixing some of the vaniply cream and ointment he recommends.

of course, my scars are almost nonexistent due to the swelling. It is very bittersweet as you can all imagine.

I will update some pictures tomorrow. I have to see whatlighting I was using when I posted the pictures in my first post. For the most part I take pictures in my bathroom as we have very strong angled lighting that really showcasesmy scars.

I am hopeful that I get some good results from this, not only for myself but for all of us on this community. I know Dr. Taylor is still a big mystery to us on this site. It surprises me that there are basically no reviews on him when his office says he gets so many acne scar patients.

Sharene is his office assistant in charge of his acne scar patients and she told me that she is always shocked that so manypatients come from so far away to get treatment from him without ever speaking with him directly. Like I mentioned before, multiple people there told me they get so many acne scar patients and they do the one and done at least one to two times every day.

anyway, will update tomorrow. I have been so busy this week I havent gotten my notes. I have to email them for those and also to do send Dr. Taylor some updated pictures.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions or if there is anything I have not touched on.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 03/12/2022 4:29 am

6 hours ago, Sam456 said:

Hi all,

thanks for your concern and advice. It is now a little more than a week since my procedure as I had it last Wednesday on March 2nd. Not to be too graphic but my raw areas and leaking slowly healed up and was more or less closed up by Monday.

I was puffed up like a balloon and that slowly went down over the last few days. I finished peeling for the most part yesterday, the peel he does is super deep and intense. Nothing like my little home ones my gosh. I guess it is worth it to get them done with a doctor at least every once in a while.

I did not take pictures of my recovery as I really was so disgusted with myself. Im sorry about that guys and I do regret that but if any of you get this done, you will understand what I mean.

Not to say I am done recovering. My face is still swollen and its sore! I cannot put too much pressure on my face as it hurts. I am still sleeping flat on my back as I am scared to put pressure on it if I were to sleep sideways.

I would say a good portion of my upper cheeksare numb. Now this sounds scary but there is no serious nerve damage. I am able to move everything like normal. But I dont really feel anything when I touch my cheeks to be honest. I knew this was likely before I went into it and I was prepared. Honestly it makes little to no difference in my day to day life and I believe it resolves in a few months possibly up to two years.

I did tell Dr. Taylor prior to my procedure that I was worried about serious nerve damage but he said that there is no chance of that as he is going into a more superficial layer when he does the subcision.

I dont think I really bruised at all from the subcision. Of course I am basing this off of what my skin looked likewhen I finally finished peeling. I am not exaggerating at all when I say my whole face was so dark, almost black from the peel.

I definitely think the tumescent anesthesia takes the subcision to a whole other level and of course his very aggressive technique. Like I mentioned my face is very sore and numb in a way that I have never experienced before with subcision. This gives me hope that it will be more effective.

Right now my skin looks very dry and is still lightly peeling and flaking, almost like a little second peel is happening. I am moisturizing heavily, mixing some of the vaniply cream and ointment he recommends.

of course, my scars are almost nonexistent due to the swelling. It is very bittersweet as you can all imagine.

I will update some pictures tomorrow. I have to see whatlighting I was using when I posted the pictures in my first post. For the most part I take pictures in my bathroom as we have very strong angled lighting that really showcasesmy scars.

I am hopeful that I get some good results from this, not only for myself but for all of us on this community. I know Dr. Taylor is still a big mystery to us on this site. It surprises me that there are basically no reviews on him when his office says he gets so many acne scar patients.

Sharene is his office assistant in charge of his acne scar patients and she told me that she is always shocked that so manypatients come from so far away to get treatment from him without ever speaking with him directly. Like I mentioned before, multiple people there told me they get so many acne scar patients and they do the one and done at least one to two times every day.

anyway, will update tomorrow. I have been so busy this week I havent gotten my notes. I have to email them for those and also to do send Dr. Taylor some updated pictures.

Please let me know if you guys have any questions or if there is anything I have not touched on.

How long did you stayed in SLC? Did you live in a hotel?

Dr. Taylor is really alaser expert. Many derms went to his clinic and get trained. I've seen a video that Dr. Weiner was in a seminar in Dr. Taylor's clinic. So, I believe Dr. Taylor hasvery high prestige.

Posted : 03/12/2022 10:48 am

So I ended up driving over to slc from LA. Its about a ten hour drive so not easy by any means. I had a family member with me so we took turns driving on the way there. I rented an air bnb for March 1st( we got there that night), March 2nd(day of procedure), and left on the morning of March 3rd (had follow up appointment where they teach you how to clean your face, we left right after this).
The air bnb was not the best but it was somewhere to sleep and cost me in total about 250 dollars.

So absolute bare minimum you have to stay for is obviously the procedure and then the follow up the next morning. They do require that you stay for a week so they can monitor your healing and possibly take pictures. I absolutely could not afford to do this, as I actually had to go to work on Monday. So I didnt tell them, but I did leave after my follow up. If they ask, I will just say I had a family emergency or something like this.

Yes it was horrifying and I do not recommend it but it is not so easy for all of us to get the time off. thankfully, I was able to get away with it with a large mask and wearing like a scrub cap kinda thing. By Monday, my raw areas were closed over and I was not leaking anymore so it was doable just uncomfortable.

So the drive back was terrible. Of course my family member had to handle the entire drive but he is used to it. Of course I was not able to wash my face as they recommend four times a day so I was not the best patient. I do not recommend doing this to anyone as you are still puffed up like a balloon and looking very raw and leaking blood and the tumescent anesthesia. However, we all know what we can handle and what we have to do.

I am very glad I did not fly back. I personally could not have handled walking through an airport like that and to show your face to airport security would be horrifying. Even my own family had trouble looking at me during the recovery. Again this is a personal choice, but I would recommend you wait to heal up a bit before flying back.

The thing that makes you look so bad is the tumescent anesthesia and subcision. Because of these twin things, you are incredibly swollen and leaking. Then little clots build up on your skin where there were needle entry points and you have to wash these off. Maybe if you do not have this, then youll have an easier time and look a little better.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 03/12/2022 11:23 am

Are there many Asians that benefit from tca? I don't think so.

I looked through Dr Emil insta and he did Taylor libertator on some ppl. I might go see him

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 03/12/2022 11:40 am

"Therewas also another doctor there with Dr. Taylor. They did not tell me she was training and they were actually going to have her do some of my procedure. I had a feeling they were going to do that so I let Dr. Taylor know I only wanted him to do my procedure. Nooffense to her, but I went there for him not for a student to practice on my face. Just a heads up if any of you go with him."

What. The. Fuck. He was going to use you a guinea pig for the resident.

So my impression of him is accurate. Doesn't listen to patients. Over estimates his ability. Hopefully you get some improvement. If not I'm going to write a negative review of him on your behalf.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 03/20/2022 8:56 pm

@Sam456 How's the healing? Do you mind post any pictures?

Posted : 03/24/2022 1:07 pm

On 3/12/2022 at 8:40 AM, dirigo39 said:

"There was also another doctor there with Dr. Taylor. They did not tell me she  was training and they were actually going to have her do some of my procedure. I had a feeling they were going to do that so I let Dr. Taylor know I only wanted him to do my procedure. No offense to her, but I went there for him not for a student to practice on my face. Just a heads up if any of you go with him. "

What. The. Fuck.  He was going to use you a guinea pig for the resident. 

So my impression of him is accurate. Doesn't listen to patients.  Over estimates his ability. Hopefully you get some improvement. If not I'm going to write a negative review of him on your behalf. 

Ha it™s okay. I totally get that it™s the only way for people to learn is to practice. But this is my face and I™m not gonna spend 5000 for a trainee to do my procedure. Always have to advocate for yourself.  

Ok so sorry for the long wait time. I just started a new position and have been totally exhausted. 

I have some hypopigmentation on my face and hyperpigmentation on my forehead. I look a little gnarly. Thank god we are masking but I can catch people looking at my forehead lol. Whatever I know this will settle. 

My face is mostly healed. Im still sleeping on my back for the most part as my cheeks are still sore. I do have a couple of small bumps on my right cheek but they are not noticeable. 

My scars have not come back but I know there is still swelling. So I am not going to hope for anything yet. I want to wait until maybe 6-8 weeks to start to believe. 

my texture is fine but again swelling. Also, I didn™t have the best texture to start off with so¦?  

361A5204-03CA-4182-B1D8-D83C956C875E.jpeg.4253254f502699c970f54dbae21de355.jpegA1ABA9EE-74F0-44AB-9E10-3879BFAC1D62.jpeg.364ae75750bf020e9f8c7b17cc84042a.jpegA9A97697-4FC4-46CD-A911-79FD10ABA72C.jpeg.d19ff2eb30e4436bd57f046fa66672bb.jpegF9DA868C-2751-4BE9-A48E-2EE35C0FCB83.jpeg.6ab80047218e8d11fea09c16e3775ac6.jpeg683A1EBE-1E21-47EA-83C7-91D1CB807D2E.jpeg.a0d0f07618d161c80a7e84ebaada303e.jpeg

top three pictures are left side and bottom two are right side. 

definitely not looking my prettiest. But I have always tried to think long term. Pigmentation does not bother me as much as scars. But hopefully it goes away soon. I am using retin a and hydroquinone two percent every other night. 

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 03/24/2022 3:15 pm

2 hours ago, Sam456 said:

Ha it™s okay. I totally get that it™s the only way for people to learn is to practice. But this is my face and I™m not gonna spend 5000 for a trainee to do my procedure. Always have to advocate for yourself.  

Ok so sorry for the long wait time. I just started a new position and have been totally exhausted. 

I have some hypopigmentation on my face and hyperpigmentation on my forehead. I look a little gnarly. Thank god we are masking but I can catch people looking at my forehead lol. Whatever I know this will settle. 

My face is mostly healed. Im still sleeping on my back for the most part as my cheeks are still sore. I do have a couple of small bumps on my right cheek but they are not noticeable. 

My scars have not come back but I know there is still swelling. So I am not going to hope for anything yet. I want to wait until maybe 6-8 weeks to start to believe. 

my texture is fine but again swelling. Also, I didn™t have the best texture to start off with so¦?  

361A5204-03CA-4182-B1D8-D83C956C875E.jpeg.4253254f502699c970f54dbae21de355.jpegA1ABA9EE-74F0-44AB-9E10-3879BFAC1D62.jpeg.364ae75750bf020e9f8c7b17cc84042a.jpegA9A97697-4FC4-46CD-A911-79FD10ABA72C.jpeg.d19ff2eb30e4436bd57f046fa66672bb.jpegF9DA868C-2751-4BE9-A48E-2EE35C0FCB83.jpeg.6ab80047218e8d11fea09c16e3775ac6.jpeg683A1EBE-1E21-47EA-83C7-91D1CB807D2E.jpeg.a0d0f07618d161c80a7e84ebaada303e.jpeg

top three pictures are left side and bottom two are right side. 

definitely not looking my prettiest. But I have always tried to think long term. Pigmentation does not bother me as much as scars. But hopefully it goes away soon. I am using retin a and hydroquinone two percent every other night. 

So far it looks good. It™s still too early atleast 3 to 4 months would be a good evaluation point. I do see the edges have smoothed out a bit. Not sure if this lighting is more favorable but the texture does look slanting. How much time it has beeen since treatment ?