Notifications
Clear all

FAT ATROPHY SUBCISION

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 12/15/2021 10:09 pm

I™ve gotten to the point where I have accepted my scars but I still would like to improve them if possible. My scars are due to fat atrophy from nodular acne. I™ve never really had terrible terrible acne but whenever I do get acne it™s rooted deep into my skin and just feels like a hard rock and once it goes away it looks like it ate away a piece of my face. I™ve gotten treatment from DR RULLAN subcision and filler but my face had a reaction to the filler so I™m hesitant to continue with that. Also I feel like my scars became a bit worse after the treatment like my skin on the face became saggy and I have pictures that show this to be true. If anyone has any treatment with scars due to fat atrophy I™d appreciate some info :)

Something that seems interesting is fat transfer to face but I hardly see anyone post about this in acne scar forums. 

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 12/16/2021 11:39 am

I was researching fat transfer filler for a single depression and have at least one estimate. The doctor claims to have done hundreds with no complications but my hunch is mostly to normal skin like women who want it. The gamble might be it's ambiguous as to how it handles gaps or damaged skin layers. Fat transfer is permanent. So I guess like other permanent fillers it can clump and some or a lot can reabsorb or be lost in the process I'm told like the material can die before injected or something like that.

Personally the only thing I can guess that will permanently help is fat filler because it can grow blood vessels and will merge as your own material. But I've seen and researched very little on it. Seems to be very old as there are some posts from 2005 etc on here.

MemberMember

Posted : 12/16/2021 8:50 pm

9 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

I was researching fat transfer filler for a single depression and have at least one estimate. The doctor claims to have done hundreds with no complications but my hunch is mostly to normal skin like women who want it. The gamble might be it's ambiguous as to how it handles gaps or damaged skin layers. Fat transfer is permanent. So I guess like other permanent fillers it can clump and some or a lot can reabsorb or be lost in the process I'm told like the material can die before injected or something like that.

Personally the only thing I can guess that will permanently help is fat filler because it can grow blood vessels and will merge as your own material. But I've seen and researched very little on it. Seems to be very old as there are some posts from 2005 etc on here.

Ive done a bit of research on it but like you said its mostly older women with normal skin who get it done mostly for anti aging benefits. I would be willing to try filler but I had the reaction to juvederm and it caused a bit more scarring.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 12/16/2021 9:03 pm

9 minutes ago, Acnescarssuck123 said:

Ive done a bit of research on it but like you said its mostly older women with normal skin who get it done mostly for anti aging benefits. I would be willing to try filler but I had the reaction to juvederm and it caused a bit more scarring.

Exactly. I think there's a distinct risk difference in anything when it comes to damaged skin, layers or pores/healing/oil production. I don't know if it's a so-called great gamble to try irreversible fat filler that could clump or simply deteriorate (reabsorb) in the process, when it's primarily for those aging women with normal skin.

Even on this forum, I've vaguely researched comments 15 years ago on it, and it seems hit or miss or something. As you said, juvederm is so temporary and the fact that you got a reaction is just not feasible either. From a logical standpoint though, if anything is going to more-permanently (5-10 years) blend and create blood vessels and circulation and rebuild the layers, it's going to be fat from your body. But like many things, maybe the theory is more real than the actual procedure.

MemberMember

Posted : 12/17/2021 5:53 pm

20 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

Exactly. I think there's a distinct risk difference in anything when it comes to damaged skin, layers or pores/healing/oil production. I don't know if it's a so-called great gamble to try irreversible fat filler that could clump or simply deteriorate (reabsorb) in the process, when it's primarily for those aging women with normal skin.

Even on this forum, I've vaguely researched comments 15 years ago on it, and it seems hit or miss or something. As you said, juvederm is so temporary and the fact that you got a reaction is just not feasible either. From a logical standpoint though, if anything is going to more-permanently (5-10 years) blend and create blood vessels and circulation and rebuild the layers, it's going to be fat from your body. But like many things, maybe the theory is more real than the actual procedure.

Do you think that subcision is needed in fat atrophy? I do have tethering but dr rullan does full face subcision and I think it was over kill. My face doesnt have a lot of tethered scars (I think) I only have about 3 scars that you can see pull down when I smile. But the rest is just atrophy from the bad acne pretty much dissolving the fat on my face.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 12/17/2021 9:48 pm

3 hours ago, Acnescarssuck123 said:

Do you think that subcision is needed in fat atrophy? I do have tethering but dr rullan does full face subcision and I think it was over kill. My face doesnt have a lot of tethered scars (I think) I only have about 3 scars that you can see pull down when I smile. But the rest is just atrophy from the bad acne pretty much dissolving the fat on my face.

I'm not really that experienced in subcision. I don't buy that whole "subcision breaks up the tether and causes spontaneous healing". That's the premise with TCA cross to (somewhat). You break up something and hope it heals 5-15% over it due to injury. If you do it several times maybe it's effective, that would be great, but I don't really buy it too much. It might have severe diminishing returns like stops effective after 15-20% idk.Full face subcision does sound extreme, I wonder was there a reason he didn't try in stages, cost? Minor risks? Was the goal to just try to cause some healing once untethered since I'm guessing no filler was used?

I know your frustration though. The least they could do is have safer, effective fillers out there. I don't even waste my time with juvederm for $700 that lasts like 4-12 weeks lol

MemberMember

Posted : 12/18/2021 6:37 am

8 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

I'm not really that experienced in subcision. I don't buy that whole "subcision breaks up the tether and causes spontaneous healing". That's the premise with TCA cross to (somewhat). You break up something and hope it heals 5-15% over it due to injury. If you do it several times maybe it's effective, that would be great, but I don't really buy it too much. It might have severe diminishing returns like stops effective after 15-20% idk.Full face subcision does sound extreme, I wonder was there a reason he didn't try in stages, cost? Minor risks? Was the goal to just try to cause some healing once untethered since I'm guessing no filler was used?

I know your frustration though. The least they could do is have safer, effective fillers out there. I don't even waste my time with juvederm for $700 that lasts like 4-12 weeks lol

Im not sure if he doesnt anything other than full face subcision. I know rullan is well liked here but Im not sure if Id go to him again. Im not a dermatologist so I have no idea what Im talking about but I found it weird that he placed the filler before doing the subcision like what is the point of the subcision then if youre placing filler on top of whatever is supposedly tethered?