Notifications
Clear all

Dr H botched cases

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/03/2021 1:53 pm

No derm in their right mind would do co2 FAL on the neck. The skin there is diffthan on face. It's not common practice.

MemberMember
(@keepgoing1)

Posted : 08/26/2023 1:26 pm

I had laser surgery with Dr H Consult. My skin/ face has been ruined and as a result my life has fallen apart. June 22 Dr Hussein went ahead with co2 and bbl laser combined. I had thought the main downtime would have been around 2 weeks, with some improvement on acne scars and sun damage and then to take extra care the weeks following and move on with life...

Note I had mild acne upon meeting Dr H.

The areas under my tear trough (upper cheeks) went black and crusted post procedure. It took about 6 weeks or more for the healing and soon it became apparent that the surface on the upper cheeks had healed very uneven and I was pretty devastated.

At this point my acne started to become so bad. Worse than when I was in my early 20's.

He agreed to try improve the areas at no cost and September 22 I decided to trust him again and he went with the erbium laser.

It was an extremely traumatic procedure but I was so desperate to have improvement on those areas.

Well after the many weeks of healing for this, my acne was getting out of control but I could also see that those areas were now so much worse but in a different way. It looks like there are chunks missing from each side of my cheeks. It may seem small to some but I never had that before. Whenever I tried to mention that concern... Well I was not treated very kindly and shot down.

Despite this, I was stuck not knowing which way to turn, my skin being constantly bright red and sore. Flushing like I have never known or expected and hypersensitivity beyond belief.

I tried to communicate my concerns and he urged me to get onto accutane. I was reluctant for many reasons but started the course in January which he outsources BUT my understanding was that he would still stand by me as my dermatologist and try to get me through to at least to a point where I can cope with my situation and be more normal again.

There was no communication between him and the company dispensing accutane. He said one thing. They said another about dosing. Utter distress and confusion with different directions given whilst suffering in pain each day with my skin and unable to get out freely due to such sensitivity to the sun.

My accutane situation is a total mess and my body has been hit so hard even on a lower dose and the hair loss has hit me hard too.

I sent an email to him a month or so ago and his assistant in desperation for help, not knowing where to turn living like this with the most painful flushing each day and the discolouration on my face with demarcation lines. I can't find a single SPF or even moisturiser to help protect my skin now due to the extreme sensitivity and whilst on this drug. I avoid going out or working because I just can't cope. That's 1 year and 2 months of this now.

His assistant replied and said he was away and will get back to me.

Well. That never happened. I've been left high and dry to suffer in hell. I've seen other reviews on how this Dr ignores those whose situation hasn't turned out well. I understand that there's a risk with these things. But as a Dr his aftercare and understanding with patients is just dreadful and no care for those that don't turn out well. If a doctor can't maintain a level of care when things don't go to plan, they shouldn't be allowed near people.

The text above was my review for google which somehow violated the terms for google. My skin in the photo has no acne because accutane has of course helped with that. But the extreme flushing occurred from the laser and has not stopped. My skin can't handle any moisturiser or spf, let alone makeup. And he was so aggressive in the upper cheek areas, it honestly looks sunken and dipped where too many layers were removed. It's intolerable and beyond painful to live with, physically and emotionally.

This post was modified 8 months ago by keepgoing1