Notifications
Clear all

acne scarring on forehead and temples, please help

MemberMember
(@cesardanielarias00gmail-com)

Posted : 09/07/2021 2:36 pm

im 21 latino and have had acne scarring on my forehead and temples for a while, ive done 2 microneedling sessions with prp with little improvement. i have seen scarring on these are areas is hard to deal with. any recommendations/plans? im willing to travel anywhere in the US, i currently reside in Maryland and have heard of dr. novick and dr. rapaport. ive seen subcision is the best way to go about this. and it™ll take about 7 sessions, also to start its better to do suctioning and after 3 sessions maybe get filler. but ive seen in these areas it™s dangerous to get filler. ive also seen laser and RF needling is good to mix with subcision? just trying to see all my options for at least 50% improvement. i also have a bit of pigmenation and rough skin texture on the corners of my forehead. i was told between subcision treatments to buy a dermaroller and roll at home yet i dont know much about that as to how long the needles (2mm is good maybe?) need to be, and how many passes and how many times a day? as well as if its a everyday thing. with whatever plan/advice i can get i shall post my results on here and hope to get more advice along the way as i dont see many people here with my kind of scarring.

0272BFDA-F329-453A-BAC7-5B710BE735E4.jpeg

F37C5985-FB6D-4B2B-94BF-F4FD8AF03CAB.jpeg

545BDC75-4E4E-4773-9EFC-7D3F1C336176.jpeg

8BCFE79F-76D4-48EF-A460-26C4FA1E3B97.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 09/08/2021 12:48 pm

Be super careful with doing microneedling yourself. I wouldn't try it on myself, and for sure not with the longer needles.

I think a better way to go is to get under the care of a qualified, experienced derm or plastic surgeon who specializes in scar repair. I always tell people to get a plan from one of them, then go see at least one other (or preferably 2) and see if everyone gives the same plan to you. Don't feed them anything at all, just let them tell you what the best plan of action is.

If their plan changes or they seem wishy-washy, that's a huge red flag.

Then, go with who you think seems best. It sounds like you're educating yourself on the various treatments though, which is great.

MemberMember
(@cesardanielarias00gmail-com)

Posted : 09/08/2021 2:39 pm

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Be super careful with doing microneedling yourself. I wouldn't try it on myself, and for sure not with the longer needles.

I think a better way to go is to get under the care of a qualified, experienced derm or plastic surgeon who specializes in scar repair. I always tell people to get a plan from one of them, then go see at least one other (or preferably 2) and see if everyone gives the same plan to you. Don't feed them anything at all, just let them tell you what the best plan of action is.

If their plan changes or they seem wishy-washy, that's a huge red flag.

Then, go with who you think seems best. It sounds like you're educating yourself on the various treatments though, which is great.

thanks for the feedback! greatly appreciate it, and ah i see. i see alot of people on the forums say they micro-needle at home, maybe ill do a bit more research. i definitely want to start with Dr. Novick, reading around it looks like his prices are kind of up there, but i scheduled a consultation and will see how it goes. thanks for everything!

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/12/2021 7:17 pm