Notifications
Clear all

How big of an advantage is having a skin type 1 or 2?

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 08/31/2021 6:42 pm

Does skin type 1 or 2 actually heal better to treatments or is it just due to reduced chances of hyperpigmentation procedures can be done at a higher setting resulting in better results. Let me know if you have anything from experience or any medical journals with concrete information.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 08/31/2021 6:59 pm

I know that African ancestry people have a much higher chance of developing Keloid scars for example, and yes, it is often said that lighter skinned people suffer less complications even outside of PIH, like reduced chance of prolonged erythema and additional scarring

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 08/31/2021 7:28 pm

27 minutes ago, JudgmentPuzzleheaded said:

I know that African ancestry people have a much higher chance of developing Keloid scars for example, and yes, it is often said that lighter skinned people suffer less complications even outside of PIH, like reduced chance of prolonged erythema and additional scarring

But it has no effect on your final result lets say a year post treatment. It truly is just reduced chances of side effects.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/31/2021 8:28 pm

Are you type 1? I know I never worry about hyperpigmentation with the lack of melanin.I do feel insecure about how red treatments leave me. The redness becomes almost a purple shade with my pale skin. I miss the milky white color I had prior to treatment. I'd rather be red with less scarring but I hope the paleness returns in time.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 08/31/2021 8:31 pm

Im type 1 or type 2 unsure really I havent had treatment yet but will I definitelylose my skin tone