Notifications
Clear all

Rolling/box scars

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 10/29/2020 5:32 pm

So this year I broke out pretty bad on my cheeks. I blame that to wearing a full face mask and sweating while at work. Its sucks because my face had finally looked decent after battling acne for some time. But this breakout left me with some pitted scars and I hate looking in the mirror now. I saw a derm which kind of helped clear the acne. Its about 80% better. But I really really want to do something about these scars. They bother so much especially when Ilook At pictures from May June of this year and the scars are not there. Should I wait to treat this and see if they will keep healing over time or look for treatment ASAP?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/29/2020 11:18 pm

5 hours ago, Acnescarssuck123 said:

So this year I broke out pretty bad on my cheeks. I blame that to wearing a full face mask and sweating while at work. Its sucks because my face had finally looked decent after battling acne for some time. But this breakout left me with some pitted scars and I hate looking in the mirror now. I saw a derm which kind of helped clear the acne. Its about 80% better. But I really really want to do something about these scars. They bother so much especially when Ilook At pictures from May June of this year and the scars are not there. Should I wait to treat this and see if they will keep healing over time or look for treatment ASAP?

You shouldn't get any treatment while your acne is active. I suggest you get on a regimen of low dose accutane to control the breakout first. This will be helpful in the long run considering that we might have to contemplate wearing a mask for a very long time.