Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions for my acne scars

MemberMember
(@lpender02aol-com)

Posted : 09/13/2020 9:33 pm

I've recently started to treat my acne scars by doing dermal infusion, which my dermatologist recommended, but Im only seeing results for the hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. Im really not sure how to classify the scars on my forehead and what treatment would be best for them. If anyone could give me any suggestion for what the best treatment would be for my forehead acne scars, I would greatly appreciate it.

acne scars.png

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 09/13/2020 11:47 pm

Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the new products on the market. Just to be sure that I'm on the same page as you, I looked up what "dermal infusion" is. Well, it turns out to be nothing other than diamond microdermabrasion--now rebranded as dermal infusion.

Since your scars lookmore likedeep wrinkles than actual scars, who knows, it might actually work. Had they been any deeper, then I can state with confidence that your doctor is a quack. But I leave the final decision to your discretion.

BTW, did I say filler is a better choice for you? Make sure to find a qualified injector (and insist on using a cannula in order to avoid possible blindness).

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lpender02aol-com)

Posted : 09/14/2020 8:56 am

9 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the new products on the market. Just to be sure that I'm on the same page as you, I looked up what "dermal infusion" is. Well, it turns out to be nothing other than diamond microdermabrasion--now rebranded as dermal infusion.

Since your scars lookmore likedeep wrinkles than actual scars, who knows, it might actually work. Had they been any deeper, then I can state with confidence that your doctor is a quack. But I leave the final decision to your discretion.

BTW, did I say filler is a better choice for you? Make sure to find a qualified injector (and insist on using a cannula in order to avoid possible blindness).

Good luck.

Thank you for replying! The scars on my forehead had been a little deeper, but not that much. I also have looked at doing a filler, but if Im not mistaken, I've heard it is not permanent. I was thinking of doing microneedling next and maybe I could pair it with a filler.