Notifications
Clear all

Questions about microneedling

MemberMember
(@johnchristoph)

Posted : 07/23/2020 2:03 pm

Hi I just had my first micro needling treatment. My doctor said i actually responded very well to it which is good. hopefully the results increase and sustain. I am wondering though is there a lot of swelling after microneedling that once it is worn down, the results won't acutally be that good? I noticed that my skin does look better (though i had the treatment about 3 hours ago) and am wondering if this is due to swelling.

I read that this is the case with subsicion but havent seen much about this with microneedling so am just wondering. thanks

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/23/2020 3:28 pm

1 hour ago, johnchristoph said:

I am wondering though is there a lot of swelling after microneedling that once it is worn down, the results won't acutally be that good? I noticed that my skin does look better (though i had the treatment about 3 hours ago) and am wondering if this is due to swelling.

It's due to swelling. Microswelling can last for over 2 weeks. With standard microneedling, you should wait 4 weeks before making any assessment. With RF microneedling, 3 months.

MemberMember
(@johnchristoph)

Posted : 07/23/2020 3:34 pm

ok ty. also she said to avoid any of my presciption stuff like tretenontin but should i avoid moisturizing cream after i shower too? I'm probbaly going to call her anyways but in case she doesnt pick up should i be using cream?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/23/2020 7:22 pm

3 hours ago, johnchristoph said:

ok ty. also she said to avoid any of my presciption stuff like tretenontin but should i avoid moisturizing cream after i shower too? I'm probbaly going to call her anyways but in case she doesnt pick up should i be using cream?

Right, skip tretinoin and its derivatives for the next 4 weeks. Moisturizer is fine. Make sure to pop some Vitamin C + Zinc to speed up the healing.

MemberMember
(@johnchristoph)

Posted : 07/24/2020 2:53 am

ok. also i got a steroid shot for a keloid and am wondering is it necessary to get silicone scar sheets and wear them as well? thanks

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/24/2020 1:44 pm

If you got the steroid injection, there's no need.