Notifications
Clear all

Phenol Peel? Scar pics

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/29/2021 10:13 am

For the people who've already done the phenol peel, how much % improvement would you say you got for your scars? Not overall texture and tone, it's clear that this improves greatly.

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 04/01/2021 3:17 pm

On 3/29/2021 at 12:13 AM, can i get a new life please said:

What doctor did to your damaged pores and how much improv. You got

Dr. Raffy in Santa Monica did them. He combined TCA cross with a laser. I see at LEAST 50% improvement after about three treatments (for me, this is a Godsend because nothing seemed to help my damaged pores). I was concerned about volume loss, but that seems to have gone away a month later.

Also, for anyone struggling with enlarged pores, I would recommend Niacinamide + Zinc, Revolution brand has a version that's cruelty-free. Also, look into double cleansing!!

You liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/24/2021 9:54 pm

On 7/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, anonymous682 said:

You should ask Rullan to evaluate the depth of your scars compared to how deep the peel goes. Inquire as to whether the peel will get under your icepicks, express your concern that it will not get under them and ask for an up close eval. Rullan seems to have higher integrity than most doctors, I do think the answer you get from him will be more accurate than an answer you can get here.

I think you're right. Best to ask Rullan.

MemberMember
(@asaspades)

Posted : 01/20/2023 3:03 pm

Posted by: @makingtime

Rullan tends to push for phenol peel like right away? I just wanted to consult the threads super quick for validation just bc I'm about to set up the appointment and I'm definitely scared.

I found a research paper on phenol peel w Korean skin done in 1999 and the results were all good, some complications here and there but they were all manageable. For context I'm Korean American.

My question is a am I ready for the peel? My concerns are around cost/effect.AOr should I try to lift my scar beds more? I've done 3 sessions of subcision/phenol cross/microderm w Rullan and it's been pretty amazing, the most improvement being like 6 months out from the third session. I'm now 9 months out. Rullan says if I choose not to do the phenol, the next best thing would be erbium/subcision/cross/filler, obviously expecting several rounds of that too.

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

Any updates? Ive been looking into phenol cross for my nose also. Found Scar Healing Institute in Los Angeles area Dr. Hazany who works with Phenol also. Not many Drs use phenol for some reason though. Supposed to be safer than tca.