Notifications
Clear all

Subcision & MTS Derma stamp

MemberMember
(@pos99157nate-com)

Posted : 06/24/2019 7:37 pm

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this site but been visiting a lot and learned a lot. Big thanks to every member here!!

I've finally joined to get some professional help, after being an acne & scar fighter for the last 15 years.. :(

Please advise me if my routine is wrong or you would recommend me something else...

Treatments I've tried: Fraxel laser (4), erbium laser (2), steroid shots on cystic acne, PRP injection

Pills: Accutane (6 months of dry and flaky skin), Yasmin (1year of dry, minimal acne but higher chance of getting cancer), Yas (2months of break out around chin area)

Coming off the Yaz was a great choice but my break out was persistent, leading me to look for some alternatives.

I've recently started taking some specific vitamins: Vitmain A 25,000IU, Zinc 40mg. And this helped me clear up my skin real quick. 
Anyhow, so with the two vitamins, my skin is less oily and no more cystic acne. However I added Biosil which is supposed to be a collagen stimulator but I think it made me break out even more. Has anyone used Biosil and found breakouts?

For my scars, out of curiosity I used dermastmap of 1.5mm on my temples and after 2 weeks, I saw a huge improvement on my rolling scars on my left temple. The above treatements didn't change my scars dramatically. The erbium laser seemed to improve it temporarily for few months but now it's back to its original state. So I wanted to try dermastamp on my cheeks and temples that have a lot of rolling scars. Also I was looking into subcisions but it's really expensive to get it done at a clinic, costing $2,000-3,000 CAD. Has anyone done a DIY self subcisions themselves at home? please let me know.  I'm posting skin conditions and the improvement with the supplements at least. 

please comment and let me know what treatments I should be looking into...

I've booked a consultation with the dermatologist at two places named Reviva and SkinLife but they just based on the receptionist, they seem to be quite eager to sell me a package as all the other places out there with extreme cost. Has anyone visited these places in Vancouver and found great results? 

123.jpg.c90924a332243c91f35ecb726886d175.jpg

333.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/25/2019 1:21 pm

@Wayu!Hi there thanks for posting and sending some pictures, that helps.

Let's go step by step

Firstly you have mild to moderate scarring, mainly textural, some rolling/box cars, hyperpigmentation / redness and some icepicks.

Fraxel I would not do on you until latter in the game, don't know the settings you had or the type, this matter's most,... various types of fraxel.

Erbium, what settings, what mode, how was it administered, this is a flexible laser and various brands use erbium.

Steriod shots have nothing to do with acne scar treatments unless you have hypertophic scarring.

PRP is for quicker healing and nothing else.

This is a marathon and not a race sadly. IT takes many 3 years to treat to get results, with healing being extremely slow.

Have you been tested for hormonal acne, or considered spiro / birth control alternatives, etc. Have other things been ruled out like fungal acne.

Biosil is not that great. I don't recommend it.

Erbium alone won't change your scars, ... how deep did they go, how many treatments, ...etc. IT's more complex than just ERbium.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@lover)

Posted : 05/01/2020 2:38 pm

On 6/24/2019 at 5:37 PM, Wayu! said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this site but been visiting a lot and learned a lot. Big thanks to every member here!!

I've finally joined to get some professional help, after being an acne & scar fighter for the last 15 years.. :(

Please advise me if my routine is wrong or you would recommend me something else...

Treatments I've tried: Fraxel laser (4), erbium laser (2), steroid shots on cystic acne, PRP injection

Pills: Accutane (6 months of dry and flaky skin), Yasmin (1year of dry, minimal acne but higher chance of getting cancer), Yas (2months of break out around chin area)

Coming off the Yaz was a great choice but my break out was persistent, leading me to look for some alternatives.

I've recently started taking some specific vitamins: Vitmain A 25,000IU, Zinc 40mg. And this helped me clear up my skin real quick. 
Anyhow, so with the two vitamins, my skin is less oily and no more cystic acne. However I added Biosil which is supposed to be a collagen stimulator but I think it made me break out even more. Has anyone used Biosil and found breakouts?

For my scars, out of curiosity I used dermastmap of 1.5mm on my temples and after 2 weeks, I saw a huge improvement on my rolling scars on my left temple. The above treatements didn't change my scars dramatically. The erbium laser seemed to improve it temporarily for few months but now it's back to its original state. So I wanted to try dermastamp on my cheeks and temples that have a lot of rolling scars. Also I was looking into subcisions but it's really expensive to get it done at a clinic, costing $2,000-3,000 CAD. Has anyone done a DIY self subcisions themselves at home? please let me know.  I'm posting skin conditions and the improvement with the supplements at least. 

please comment and let me know what treatments I should be looking into...

I've booked a consultation with the dermatologist at two places named Reviva and SkinLife but they just based on the receptionist, they seem to be quite eager to sell me a package as all the other places out there with extreme cost. Has anyone visited these places in Vancouver and found great results? 

123.jpg.c90924a332243c91f35ecb726886d175.jpg

333.jpg

Dr Henry Ngai did not care that I was severely breaking out as a result of microneedling and I have had a massive acne problem since I started the treatments last year. Three session, progressively worse cystic acne but he said to continue. Now on Accutane. I literally have more acne scars than before, which he admitted (easy to see in before and after photos). I've had to seek mental help as a result of his work. Your scars are barely noticeable compared to mine and I hope you all the best on your journey to either scar treatment or not.