Notifications
Clear all

Help me: Indented scar/scarred pore on the nose

MemberMember
(@prr_pores)

Posted : 06/15/2019 7:57 am

I am really concerned about my skin, it is very thick and I have big pores and ice pick scars (from picking my skin) all over my T zone and cheeks. My nose is something else because it stands out more than the rest of my face (I mean, all noses do, but mine is very prominent). I've always hated my nose because it's big and asymmetrical, but once I finally got used to that I started noticing my dark, deep clogged pores all over my nose. Not only that, but a few months ago I popped a whitehead on the tip of my nose and it ended up leaving a indented scar in the form o a crescent moon (kind of). This scar is what really concerns me right now; it is very noticeable in person and depending on the angle it appears bigger than it actually is, because the skin around it is higher so it creates a dark shadow.

Some time ago I picked my skin and it ended up so bad that I panicked and immediately went online to purchase a dermaroller (0.5 mm needles, brand is ZGTS) hoping it could help the scars all over my cheeks (this was previous to the appeareance of the scar on the tip of my nose). I haven't use it yet because I keep picking my skin and I'm waiting until I finally manage to stop doing that out of anxiety. The thing is that making some further research about needling treatments and treatments for scars on the nose I read that derma stamps or single needles could help more than a dermaroller for nose scars (and yes, I know scars on the nose are the worst ones in terms of healing). Given that I already have a dermaroller and that I don't want to spend extra money if it's not needed, should I give it a try on the tip of my nose or would it be better if I use a derma stamp or single needle?

Please, have a look at the photos attached. I circled the indented scar because the rest of my nose looks bad but those are only clogged pores hahaha

Sorry for my english, I'm from Spain but I couldn't find any relevant information about acne scarring and treatments in my language. Hope any of you can help me!

IMG_20190615_145240.jpg

IMG_20190615_145156.jpg

IMG_20190615_145316.jpg

IMG_20190615_135210.png

IMG_20190615_150716.jpg

MemberMember
(@pablo1600)

Posted : 06/15/2019 8:11 am

100% honestly your nose looks good and totally normal. I have alot of ice pic scars and scarred pores with acne scars and rosacea. So don't worry and don't ever pick on your nose. Cheers!

PRR_pores liked
MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 06/15/2019 9:11 am

You are making it a bigger problem than it is, seriously! I would have never noticed, your skin looks absolutely normal.

Do not dermaroll your nose, its like your ears- mostly cartilage. Not like skin elsewhere. You could make it worse, and your problem is not noticeable now, u dont want to fix whats not broken

TCA would be much better for pores.

Hope this helps

PRR_pores liked
MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 06/15/2019 11:22 am

Seriously, your skin is fine. The risk of making it worse is too high at this point, in my opinion.

PRR_pores liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/15/2019 12:26 pm

@PRR_pores

I agree with the other posters, ...

You could cause more damage than good here. Treatments come with risk / side effects. You don't want to treat something that is a natural occurrence. Everyone has pores. This obsession with perfection is not natural. They use photoshop and lighting to hide these in photos, they are ... normal parts of life.

You can do clear and brilliant if you wish which is a laser it takes about 12 sessions but they will not be gone completely. The nose is not like the rest of the face with healing.

You can do Salicylic peels or treatments for your pores. To clean out your pores hydro facials.

Because of your obsession with perfection in your post I feel you have a forum of BDD or body dysmophia. It is best to explore this with a therapist. I deal with scar cases daily and yours is the not a scar case, ... most strive to get just some results and will never have your skin. The anxiety over this also concerns me. Needling will not get rid of a little misshapen. IF TCA Cross was done you would complain that the scars would get wider which is part of treatment, not worth it in your case.

Stop popping white heads and see a dermatologist to get your acne under control if that's the issue.

The only other thing you can do is see a plastic surgeon if you wish for excision if you wish but many will not take it as it's so small (The issue).

You can try to needle with a dermastamp, concentrate on the border of the pore or walls, not the floor. They make smaller dermastamps as well or the Derminator has this attachment(Single needle).

PRR_pores liked
MemberMember
(@prr_pores)

Posted : 06/16/2019 6:06 am

21 hours ago, Pablo1600 said:

100% honestly your nose looks good and totally normal. I have alot of ice pic scars and scarred pores with acne scars and rosacea. So don't worry and don't ever pick on your nose. Cheers! 

I'll try to stop picking, thanks!

20 hours ago, Atrophica said:

You are making it a bigger problem than it is, seriously! I would have never noticed, your skin looks absolutely normal. 

Do not dermaroll your nose, its like your ears- mostly cartilage. Not like skin elsewhere. You could make it worse, and your œproblem is not noticeable now, u dont want to fix whats not broken

TCA would be much better for pores. 

Hope this helps

I know is not that big but I'm still concerned... I can't help it :( I've heard that TCA can make scars worse, so I'm not sure if that would work...

Thanks for your answer!

18 hours ago, freshman said:

Seriously, your skin is fine. The risk of making it worse is too high at this point, in my opinion.

I'm afraid of making it worse but at the same time I want the scar to fade away soooo bad 

MemberMember
(@prr_pores)

Posted : 06/16/2019 6:29 am

17 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@PRR_pores

I agree with the other posters, ...

You could cause more damage than good here. Treatments come with risk / side effects. You don't want to treat something that is a natural occurrence. Everyone has pores. This obsession with perfection is not natural. They use photoshop and lighting to hide these in photos, they are ... normal parts of life.

You can do clear and brilliant if you wish which is a laser it takes about 12 sessions but they will not be gone completely. The nose is not like the rest of the face with healing.

You can do Salicylic peels or treatments for your pores. To clean out your pores hydro facials.

Because of your obsession with perfection in your post I feel you have a forum of BDD or body dysmophia. It is best to explore this with a therapist. I deal with scar cases daily and yours is the not a scar case, ... most strive to get just some results and will never have your skin. The anxiety over this also concerns me. Needling will not get rid of a little misshapen. IF TCA Cross was done you would complain that the scars would get wider which is part of treatment, not worth it in your case.

Stop popping white heads and see a dermatologist to get your acne under control if that's the issue.

The only other thing you can do is see a plastic surgeon if you wish for excision if you wish but many will not take it as it's so small (The issue).

You can try to needle with a dermastamp, concentrate on the border of the pore or walls, not the floor. They make smaller dermastamps as well or the Derminator has this attachment(Single needle).

I don't actually have an acne problem, it's just that I pick every pore of my skin even though there is nothing there (well, there are actually blackheads but they arebarely visible if I don't get really close to the mirror...). I did some research and my problem is called skin picking disorder, whichis associated with OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) and anxiety (that's why I pick my skin more when I have finals coming upor when there's something going wrong in my life) so yep, I should work on that.

I guess I'll wait a couple months to see how the scar evolves since summer is almost here and I'm planning to go to the beach and all that... Maybe at the end of the summer I'll try the derma stamp (I hope it doesn't get worse if I only stamp a few times first tosee how the scar responds).

Thanks for the detailedanswer!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/16/2019 11:29 am

@PRR_poresYes I sensed some mental component to work on there are unlimited therapy apps on smart phones now you can try or see someone face to face, it will help you and maybe save you a bundle on un-needed treatment. Enjoy your summer, don't worry about it.

If you decide to needle again get a single needle or one with very few needles and needle the scar border wall.But your skin is better than most cases I see daily, I think there is some obsession here on perfection.

PRR_pores liked