Notifications
Clear all

Is there a forum "Appreciation Thread"? ...

MemberMember
(@skintreatment)

Posted : 06/14/2019 10:36 pm

Ithink there should be an Appreciation Thread for this forum, considering the information is so helpful and important.

Example:

Acne.org (+ Mods + Veteran Members) Appreciation Thread

Unless you are lucky enough to live near one of top 1% Acne Scar doctors, we know how confusing, stressful, and expensive the whole process can be. This forum is a very valuable source of information for everyone that can save your money and your skin!

POST A COMMENT IN THIS THREAD IF YOU AGREE

Short (eg.+1, bump) or Long (eg. how advice from someone here helped you)

What do you think?

IMO I also think some mods and veteran members should allow users to make small (voluntary) donations to them since their advice is so valuable. But I will post that in the thread, if it gets started.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/15/2019 12:56 pm

@SkinTreatmentThank you that's nice of you!... if you wish you can contact me via PM to express gratitude and speak about your individual cases of scars, Many take for grated the time and work I put in here to help others, thank you for the acknowledgement, means a lot.

Sincerely,

BA

MemberMember
(@skintreatment)

Posted : 06/15/2019 3:22 pm

Now I noticed there is a Reputation Score, which is better than nothing. After a few treatments (or years) I am guessing most people eventually stop coming to the forum, so before they leave, it would be nice to post a quick message how advice from here helped them.

Also, I know you are doing all the advising for free (thank you!!!), but you should provide a way for users to make a small, voluntary, anonymous donation. For example, we all have favorite YouTube channels and podcasts, and usually there is a way to support the channel, even if just 1% of people do it. You should just provide the option. Crowd Funding is very common now, everyone does it. And most people here are paying $50-250 in consultation fees, plus $1,000-$10,000(?) in treatment fees, plus the emotions, etc...it is worth it to pay you $1 if you help!!!!

ATTN Everyone:

just reply with +1 to encourage BA and a few others to provide some donation information in their account signatures!!!!

+1

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/16/2019 11:44 am

@SkinTreatmentI am ever so grateful for your consideration and gratitude, that is rare. Perhaps PM me and we can strategizehow to do crowd funding, I have never done a campaign like this. Anyone can always PM me to express gratitude, get one on one consultation or offer thanks. It's all appreciated. I am trying to find a balance as this takes so much of my time to make it beneficial to everyone. This is how I volunteer helping the worst scar cases daily I get at least 100 PM's or more, many are children, poor, or those who are hurting. Someone better at this than I could figure out a way to turn this into a non-profit I have not figured that out nor do I have experience doing that.

Thanks Again,

BA