Notifications
Clear all

MICRO NEEDLING TREATMENT

MemberMember
(@johnthegreat)

Posted : 06/11/2019 5:46 am

DOES ANYBODY HERE USING DERMAROLLER OR DERMAPEN? HAVE YOU SEEN ANY IMPROVEMENTS OVER MONTHS OF ROLLING?

(NOT EXPECTING TO SEE BIG RESULT BUT AT LEAST AN INCH OF IMPROVEMENTS)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/11/2019 10:06 am

@JohnThegreatDermatamping is not a full treatment for acne scars, ... acne scars need a customized plan for treatment. As such it's just one part of the plan and often done at home. You will never see 1" of improvement, that is quite a lot. Most DIY or at home things have minimal improvement over expensive and heavy down time Dr's treatments. Do I recommend you not do them, no, as they are affordable and part of the marathon - not a race to treat your scars. All some people can afford is needling and peels and that is ok. Subcision and TCA Cross are quite cheap as well if you can do it once or twice a year. Dermastamping improvement is more like retin-a, it soften's the skins texture. There are tons of journal articles that when combined with aggressive Glycolic or Acid peels it does make a difference.

MemberMember
(@johnthegreat)

Posted : 06/13/2019 8:34 pm

On 6/11/2019 at 11:06 PM, beautifulambition said:

@JohnThegreat Dermatamping is not a full treatment for acne scars, ... acne scars need a customized plan for treatment. As such it's just one part of the plan and often done at home. You will never see 1" of improvement, that is quite a lot. Most DIY or at home things have minimal improvement over expensive and heavy down time Dr's treatments. Do I recommend you not do them, no, as they are affordable and part of the marathon - not a race to treat your scars. All some people can afford is needling and peels and that is ok. Subcision and TCA Cross are quite cheap as well if you can do it once or twice a year. Dermastamping improvement is more like retin-a, it soften's the skins texture. There are tons of journal articles that when combined with aggressive Glycolic or Acid peels it does make a difference. 

thank you so much for this.now I know what to expect in Dermastamping. but can you recommend a good Glycolic or peels that can be use at home? anyways thank you for non stop answering questions. you are a hero here. :) 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/14/2019 11:29 am

@JohnThegreatI quite like the ones from MUAC sold on the web. They have other acid peels, great customer service, fresh products with no fillers like Amazon stuff. I believe the Ordinary also makes some peels.

Yes the peels can be done at home, please read the chemical peel guide pinned to the main scar treatments sub(Top), always test a smaller area first to see how you respond.