Notifications
Clear all

TCA cross- yay or nay

MemberMember
(@haya22)

Posted : 06/06/2019 10:06 am

Hello everyone! im looking for some advice please, after having spent thousands of dollars on my skin and still no difference to my scars.

i have stubborn ice pick scars on my inner cheeks. i have had 8 sessions of fractional laser and 6 basic 2mm microneedling sessions and still there is NO difference. i feel terrible about it! my scars are no good for my confidence but now i feel im stuck with them. as ive gotten older i have lost weight and no longer have the youthful plump to my face, which i think accentuates the depressions of the scars. i came across TCA cross on this group and think that maybe i need to give it a go. NO dermatologist here performs it though so i would need to do it myself. I am thinking of doing 70% TCA cross alternated with PRP microneedling every 3 weeks. could someone please advise if this sounds okay?

i have read on here people have used 100%TCA and have had great success but im a little afraid to go that high with the TCA and thought 70% would be a good place to start (also because some doctors in europe i contacted who perform this have mentioned this is what they would use for my skin if i travelled to them - which i am not!) . fractional works on so many people and hasnt worked on me so i dont have high hopes for this but i guess im looking for some advice on if i shoud go ahead with it or not?

thanks guys, i know you know how i feel

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/06/2019 10:20 am

@haya22Can you please provide a picture of yours scars, I need to see specifically the shadow your scars make using a directional light or flashlight. Then I can best advise.

Why would anyone do laser for icepicks, ... this is not indicated for that type of scarring, so the Dr's took advantage of you. Microneedling does not treat scarring. I need to see the scars as something does not sound right.

Loosing fat is typical for anyone who ages and thus scarring makes pre-mature aging. Filler can help fix this.

Possibly you need TCA, I need to see a picture to make sure as I see some red flags.

You can perform it on yourself, be aware it is very skill dependent, you can make things worse if you do it poorly. There is a guide pinned to the top of the main scar treatments forum called chemical peels.

What country are you in for TCA to be administered by a DR?

No that is not ok, ... it takes about 3 months after each procedure, this is a marathon not a race, many people take 3 years to treat from scars. Rushing will not make the incredibly slow collagen come quicker. PRP and microneedling are done together, wait after that 3 months and then do your tca cross. By doing everything at once you could stunt the progress you will make. Especially TCA Cross doing it too often.

You could gravely hurt yourself with 100% TCA and it's illegal in every country. Those that sell it use toxic substances in what they sell and it's not truly TCA. You can use a lower percentage, you will just have to do more applications in a row at a lower %. Test spot one scar before doing this all over your face.

Ok so you are in Europe, there are Dr's in Europe that do TCA Cross.

I am not going to advise you on doing something that has consequences, ... read the guide and you can decide, I have seen things work and also people make mistakes and they go terribly. This is not easy stuff. It's also summer and the sun effects these things.

MemberMember
(@haya22)

Posted : 06/06/2019 11:18 am

51 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@beautifulambition thanks for your quick reply! i live in Saudia Arabia. no one here does TCA but there are plenty who do lasers and the likes and i think it is clear that i have been taken advantage of; or maybe they are not skilled enough here i do not know. i was told to have prp every 6 weeks- is that wrong advice too?

i can send pics early next week as i am without my phone for a few days and hopefully you can help advise then.

i have read your detailed post on the peels and completely understand the risks involved and obviously if i mess it up its on my head but i dont see what else i can do anymore. i will surely get some pics across to you when i can , thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/07/2019 9:39 am

@haya22Checkout the FAQ at the top of the scar treatments main sub, pinned there, ... there are other middle eastern Dr's in nearby countries and a way to search for"saudi" Dr's that might help under that section at the bottom. Note there are Dr's in the UAE that you may be able to see.

TCA Cross.I would just throughly read the guide in the main Chemical Peels' post. Do a test spot on only one scar first, learn from that experince. With your skin type. You MUST prep first. 1 month of tretinorin or a retinoid nightly and something like kojic acid, arbutin, licorice and other natural lightening ingredients also applied, ... you stop for your treatment and start again once your healed. It's very common to discolor from your skin type so be prepared, ... concealer over the areas while you heal.

6 weeks Dr's love to do as it's a constant influx of income, ... it's not best for your healing capabilities which I am concerned with. Treating quicker does not get you to where you want to be, it's a slow process for many taking 3 years. Even the skilled Dr's push this. I think it's best to heal, ... you can observe changes. During that 3 month period you can dermastamp if you wish at home monthly and or do glycolic peels(rotate).

Sounds good,

BA