Notifications
Clear all

Need opinions from the experts (Derminator/tca)

MemberMember
(@peacefulentity)

Posted : 06/03/2019 2:57 pm

Hey guys, I had some cystic acne outbreak a year ago and it took a while to heal, I stayed on bactrim since then alongside differin and then I stopped bactrim 3 months ago. 

I had some pie leftover from the cystic acne and did one v beam session, it did help a bit but its 250 each session and I figured I'd save up for the next ones. 

I then started using finacea for the past 3 months for pie redness, and its nice but I don't use it as much as I need to as I use diffferin too. 

I started the derminator at 1.5mm 2 months ago after reading this study Combination Therapy in the Management of Atrophic Acne Scars.

I do a full 1.5mm on all the face. I then did a 18% TCA peel  after 2 weeks as per the study and peeled a lot. I will continue this regimen for as long as I need to.  I also started 2mm derminator on scars and 1.50 on full face from today onwards as 1.5mm was barely doing much as I have thick skin.

My question is, what type of scars do you see on my face, and I keep reading about how important subcision is on this forum but from reading online it seems like its a risky/expensive surgery so I need more information on how much it generally costs and if I'm a good candidate? 

Should I also start doing tca cross with toothpicks etc on my scars myself or is full face tca good on its own?

()Edit by MOD: Illegal behavior discussed)

The photos I attached are dumb because I took them two months ago right after I microneedled lol. I'll try to get new pictures after I heal as I just microneedled as well. 

20190429_155615.jpg

20190429_155730.jpg

20190429_155737.jpg

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 06/03/2019 3:20 pm

You have ice pick and boxcar scars.

You need TCA Cross for that

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/04/2019 10:27 am

@peacefulentityYou have icepicks and tiny box cars. and some large pores. Your scars are so mild, many would not even treat them. I see severe cases daily that I help. Everyone has some large pores and a few imperfections.

You need TCA cross several sessions.

Some co2 laser can be done as well if you wish.

You could then do a TCA peel for texture.

I see redness or PIE as stated, ... more pulse dye laser is needed 6-8 sessions.

The white paper you posted which I have written about extensively on here, and posted a counter argument. Is too aggressive for you. It's causing your PIE and possible other issues. You need to be doing these treatments once a month, not every 2 weeks (yes I know what it says). Your causing part of your issue. The cases /participants were cherry picked with that study for no complications and quick healing like most studies. They were more aggressive than is necessary. I caution you after reading some of what your doing, it's very risky. You can make your face worse or even get a very bad bacterial infection. Your throwing a lot at yourself aggressively and this has side effects. Collagen takes 3 months to develop, even longer with some more aggressive procedures, by doing things so close together you can make more scars. Even the Godfather they call him of microneedling says with the length your using you should be doing once a month minimum.

Most of your scars I would treat with a Dr. Of course you can keep trying at home. Some of these procedures look easy but take lots of skill. Cross is one of them I often have to deal with complications users have.

MemberMember
(@peacefulentity)

Posted : 06/04/2019 11:35 pm

13 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@peacefulentity You have icepicks and tiny box cars. and some large pores. Your scars are so mild, many would not even treat them. I see severe cases daily that I help. Everyone has some large pores and a few imperfections.   

You need TCA cross several sessions. 

Some co2 laser can be done as well if you wish.

You could then do a TCA peel for texture.

I see redness or PIE as stated, ... more pulse dye laser is needed 6-8 sessions.

The white paper you posted which I have written about extensively on here, and posted a counter argument. Is too aggressive for you. It's causing your PIE and possible other issues. You need to be doing these treatments once a month, not every 2 weeks (yes I know what it says). Your causing part of your issue. The cases /participants were cherry picked with that study for no complications and quick healing like most studies. They were more aggressive than is necessary. I caution you after reading some of what your doing, it's very risky. You can make your face worse or even get a very bad bacterial infection. Your throwing a lot at yourself aggressively and this has side effects. Collagen takes 3 months to develop, even longer with some more aggressive procedures, by doing things so close together you can make more scars. Even the Godfather they call him of microneedling says with the length your using you should be doing once a month minimum. 

Most of your scars I would treat with a Dr. Of course you can keep trying at home. Some of these procedures look easy but take lots of skill. Cross is one of them I often have to deal with complications users have.

@beautifulambition hello, you're the main reason i created my account and posted here as I wanted input from you. 

As for the study, maybe you misunderstand me or I am you. I am doing tca/dermaroll once a month for each. So like if I do tca on 1 June, the next time I'll do tca is 1 July etc, I've seen some posts of yours saying that's fine but correct me if I'm wrong. So I leave 1 month minimum between each individual treatment. 

As for the pie, I don't have much tbh, its mostly just cause it was aggravated in the picture from the derminator. I appreciate your advice though, I just need to get rid of the icepick scars and boxcar/rolling, they are very annoying and persistent and I wanted to know what the fastest way to get rid of them is :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/05/2019 11:12 am

@peacefulentity Thank you!

Ok then your good on the microneedling duration :D

ICepicks , ... do several sessions of tca cross, raise your scarbed, then worry about a deeper peel.

Box cars, work on the wall of the scar / border with the derminator or needle, see if you can smooth them out.

A Dr would do 4 sessions of rf needling and some co2 for boxcars.

Rolling get subcision done by a professional that is agressive, lots of them in the FAQ, pinned in the main scar treatments sub, top there, ... bottom of that post. 

There is not fast way to treat scars, many take 3 years. Marathon, not a race. Your scars are not that severe. I would see a Dr so you don't potentially have complications. Do the needling and glycolic peels at home monthly alternating, then see a Dr for energy devices.

Do a deeper peel at the end if needed.