Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Scars got deeper

MemberMember
(@giosa97)

Posted : 05/01/2019 6:04 pm

Hi, so about a year ago i poste this:

Since then besides gaining few more scars i noticed that the ones i already had got way larger and deeper. 

This is the before and after:

6BA2A490-A03B-467A-9412-ABFCA62CFA89.jpeg.9f0e80ecef8d2b2d9135d4fd09d36c50.jpeg

I also want to mention that when i took the photo on the left i was using glycolic acid 2% on my skin. So i wonder if now they seem larger cause i haven™t been using any proper exfoliation product for over a year

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2019 10:39 am

@Giosa97This is normal. Your scars have become wider. You have to do several sessions of TCA Cross to bring up the scar floor, then you resurface the whole area(through a chemical peel or fully ablative laser resufacing - scition). Put some makeup over it if the redness bugs you as it takes a few months to heal after sessions.

Be prepared when we tca cross, or do peels, or fully ablative laser resurface, we"can" open up the scars so they look wider, worse, depper. This means you have to continue to resurface until your deeper under the scars (Several sessions over a few years, allow a few months between a major Dr session).

I would at home for your case encourage you to dermastamp your skin monthly, do glycolic peels(alternate), and use a retinoid nightly for cell turnover.