Acne scar

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 06/13/2019 7:43 am

please keep us updated @Lars99

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/13/2019 8:19 pm

One update the brown spot almost faded but i can't really judge now as it's been almost 3 weeks so i think i should wait longer and wait for the results as of now i see little improvement my scars kinda became shallower as in more on the surface and smaller but still there is a lot of work to do i'll try to do fillers but when to get filler on the last session of subcision? @beautifulambitionand which filler do u suggest? I'm thinking about doing 3 or 4 more sessions of subcision i just hope it works i know it takes a long time but i hope i have a good doctor

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/14/2019 11:31 am

@Lars99Can you post a picture of the area(S) you need filler for, I can best advise then, filler types all react differently.

- BA

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/14/2019 1:08 pm

85426C03-7EB9-473F-B00A-495CD2152DA4.jpeg

F01946F0-6D74-43EF-87A8-A0AF9271DF58.jpeg

46894496-1819-4ED3-9E80-0A7D073CA83F.jpeg

The first pic is my left side the other two are my right side so my questions are when should i get fillers on which session like i said i think i need 3 more or 4 sessions maximum should i get fillers after 1 month from last sub? After the swelling fade? And what do u suggest me to do next session? My dermatologist suggested sub and co2 or i should do sub and fillers? And also when the fillers dissolve after a year say what will happen to the scar? Can i as a 20 yrs old stimulate and generate collagen bcuz i heard thar after 25 u can't produce collagen Thx 

@beautifulambition

I think it makes sense to do co2 and subcision bcuz mostly i have rolling scars and shallow boxcar scars i just have a few icepick scars they really don't bother me that much but i'll see what i can do next 

Or like u said i shouldn't combine treatments with subcision except for tca cross 

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/14/2019 4:07 pm

And yeah one last question does fillers work for all my scars type i have mostly rolling and boxcar scars and some icepick scars

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 06/14/2019 5:11 pm

it looks like subcision did not improve your scars even if it looks like early scarring.. i always tought they were easier to treat?

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/14/2019 7:02 pm

Like i said there was very little improvement maybe it's not clear on the pics and it's only been 3 weeks so i can't really judge now i have to wait 2 months to see results as collagen takes time to build and yeah my scars became little bit shallower and smaller

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/14/2019 9:20 pm

Btw i don't know why is it me or it's just that my skin look worse in pics than it is in reality i mean it just look a lot worse in pics lol

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/15/2019 1:08 pm

@Lars99

You do not have early scarring so I don't know why that poster said that. You have bad PIE or redness which is notearly scarring. This is treated with pulse dye laser.

Who is your Dr again? ""Very little improvement,"" what exactly was done. What needle did he use to do it.

Boxcars will not respond well to filler as they need rf needling and laser to soften the scar wall border.

Field subcision is done throughout the cheek, they can use Sculptra(over dilute) injected deeply as a foundation to help with your scarring.

I see your need more subcision before textural work. Any HA filler would be fine after your subcision, Bellatero, Restylane, Juvederm products etc... Other countries have many more fillers, something soft / moldable would be best as you don't need structural fillers for deep pits.

Thanks, BA

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 06/15/2019 2:02 pm

@beautifulambition is there any other way to treat box scars? Maybe with Phenol cross if they are really shallow?

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/15/2019 4:41 pm

@beautifulambitionhe is a local dr in my city i don't what needle did he use but it was aggresive i'll ask him again what i mean is there is little improvement overall i see that my scars in general more filled in more shallow and smaller but still there is no drastic change so i'll have to wait i don't know i have a mixed feeling about this doc but i'll ask him a lot of questions next time i'm considering seeing the dermatologist in dubai to consult him anyway thx i'm thinking about doing subcision next session with tca cross i'll see what my dr say even tho when i asked him about tca he seemd little hesitant but i think i need it i just hope everything goes well

Guys remind me again what questions i have to ask him is there any questions to show that he is a knowlagable or not just to make sure he is good

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/15/2019 11:29 pm

BA should i get filler on the last session of subcision or is it ok to get fillers next session i wanna see how it works i think i'l benefit the most from subcision and fillers but if i get fillers next session will that be effected if i do for example infini rf after 3 months of subcision or it's fine?

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 06/16/2019 7:08 am

how old are your scars?

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/16/2019 8:38 am

Some of them are old and some of them are new the oldest is around 3 to 4 yrs and the newest around 3 or 2 months

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/16/2019 10:10 am

Just to summarize my plan here's what i want to do next i'll focus on subcision and tca first for my next session after that i'll continue with subcision and tca and do fillers on the last session after i raise the scars i'll do infini rf and co2 or maybe i can do infini in between sub sessions i wanna keep it for the last manual methods first as for hyperpigmentation i'll continue using AHA gylocil acid 10% and differin at night before i sleep or i will ask my derm about the PDL or the vbeam laser sounds good?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/16/2019 11:25 am

@Lars99 Wow lots of posts, ... let me see if I can keep this all straight in my head.

Ask the Dr what needle he uses, this is important information for me. Aggressive means nothing. Subcision is extremely skill dependent on the provider's experience and tools. Not everyone can do a good job at this.

BUT... with that being said it's highly normal to heal slowly for some people and to get softening over time, ... I think perhaps there is a unrealistic expectation as well that you will be treat and be 100% fine. This is a 3 year process with many procedures. You will get progressive improvement. So 15% each time is good, and yes your healing right not still as you say. This is why we don't treat to often and evaluate how things are going. Treatment also is 100% dependent on how you heal, ... this is different for everyone with what they respond or do not respond to. As such acne scar work can not be compared as there are way to many variables to the outcome desired.

Ok good, you have the Dubai option if this Dr does not work.

Are you doing Chinese Cupping after your subcision or getting filler, ... if not then your scars will not improve.

TCA Cross, he sounds like he is not experienced, we do this in all skin types even black skin, and yes you will have some redness and hyperpigmentation, this is part of the process of treating your skin type, and why I tell you to prep nightly with the topicals above.

Some of these Dr's are generalists and not actually good at acne scars. What does he think would happen if he cut's out all of your box cars with punch float, the same hyperpigmentation or long down time, plus we get into surgical side effects and outcomes.

You ask him basics, ... how many of these subcisions or whatever he is doing have he performed. How many in the last month. Do you have any pictures of the outcome of these procedures. What type of needle do you use to do it. Are there any other options you perform to treat my box cars or icepicks(he will most likely say laser which is bad). What type of procedure do you do most often, skin cancers moles, general dermatology. All of that will give you a idea. This is why we also see 3 practitioners for consult not one before we start so we feel comfortable with the treatment.

Redness is very normal in your skintype aka PIE or redness, you can do pulse dye laser, wear sunscreen, and put some concealer over it while you heal, alll normal.

If your not cupping and doing subcision again this could be your issue. As you state filler just on your last session.

Dermastamp once a month at home and treat with the Dr every 3 months or more, yes you can alternate with peels. Your plan sounds ok.

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/16/2019 12:41 pm

Thx a lot BA couldn't thank u enough i'm realistic i know that i may not get 100% clear skin i know it's a long and slow process like i said i'm considering to get fillers on last session i'll see how my next sub sessions will go i'm starting to have doubts in my dr i have an appointment after a month i'll ask him a lot of questions and see how it goes but most likely i'll start treating with the dubai dr cuz i've seen his videos and he seems knowlagable he's like dr davin lim version of the middle east

Btw which one is better chinese cupping or fillers? Which chinese cupping device u recomend is it easy to use? Can u show me a picture of the device or something

Should i get fillers for my next session or i should keep it for the last sub session? As u said if i don't get fillers or do a chinese cupping my subcision is useless shouldn't i just do one more subcision and filler bcuz subcision alone will not be effective and it will re-tether so what's the point in doing so many sessions without fillers if it's going to re-tether? And plz if there is a video or something on how to do chinese cupping that would be great

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/17/2019 10:53 am

@Lars99Filler is better, but Chinese Cupping can be done any time you don't have filler injected(for a month after the sub) or if your tight on money. Some do a combination of both.

IF it's cheap, sure get filler next session, I typically have people wait a week or so until the swelling is down, they can get it done by any expert injector at that time does not have to be the treating Dr. There is instructions in the FAQ pinned to the main scar treatments sub, goto the subcision section. There are no hard rules. You suction your scars a few times a day, don't use the full force of the sunction, as much as needed to cup without major bruises.

- Welcome!

MemberMember
(@lars99)

Posted : 06/17/2019 9:26 pm

Thx a lot

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 06/18/2019 8:35 am

Just wanted to say that we do produce collagen after 25; we gradually produce less of it as we age, it doesnt just stop at one point