Notifications
Clear all

NEED ADVICES WITH SCARRS

MemberMember
(@riverthefever)

Posted : 09/19/2019 11:33 pm

Hi, Everyone. So it™s been a while since my last post so I am gonna give everyone an update. After my last post, I did one more picolaser treatment at my local med spa. I did not do more sessions after that nor did I fly to see Dr Rullan because I was constantly breaking out throughout the summer. It wasn™t anything like the kinda huge breakouts I was having pre Accutane but it was still persistent. I realized that I may have not gotten enough Accutane because about a month after Accutane, I was already getting oily again face and hair, and I started getting occasional cysts on my face, neck and on my scalp area just like pre Accutane. I have been using curology tretinoin for almost 5 months now and as much as I am reluctant to do a second round of Accutane I think I am gonna do it .As you can probably see in the pics, I have several pretty large pimples on my face and neck area and also the tretinoin formula doesn™t really solve my acne anywhere else other than my face.So with all that being said, as much as I want to just be clear of active acne and get on solving the scars, I am afraid that the scars have to wait till I completely get rid of my persistent acne and oiliness. Any advice on what I need to do? I want to do something that can improve my skin texture or scars during Accutane if I could. I appreciate any advice :)25C4EB3A-4949-4BAD-97E0-D9D704777D8D.jpeg.ce0e22df082df28fa90900f0ca20a051.jpeg

Also the left side of my face tends to be oilier and break out more than my right said. The redness is worse as well. Anyone has any idea why?

A4B6B220-D736-4A26-8B70-F7085346B15A.jpeg

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 09/21/2019 12:23 am

I actually found that sleeping on my face (mostly my left side) caused breakouts, even when changing my pillowcase every day. I sleep on my back now by rolling up two small pillows and wedging it on the sides of my neck, as well as putting a pillow under knees/side of arm to kind of train myself to sleep on my back. Cutting out most dairy refined sugars/grains also helped.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 09/21/2019 1:47 am

One theory to the left side being worse can be due to the exposure to the sun when driving. I believe thats part of the reason why my left side is worse as well. Make sure youre wearing enough sunscreen and dont forget to reapply during the day. I also have purchased window shades tohelp block the sun. Theres also black plastic visors sold online that you can attach top of the window,to block the sun completely where the car visor misses. Cheers.

MemberMember
(@janette-clarrieproton-me)

Posted : 11/21/2022 12:25 pm

On 2/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, RiverTheFever said:

I am 19 years old and have been dealing with severe acne for about the past 4 years. I finally decided to get on accutane in August of 2019 and have just finished the 5 month course 40 mm a day. Right now, my acne is almost completely gone( with occasional non-nodular red bumps that would usually go away in a day) . However, because of the severity of my acne, I have really bad discoloration and scarring left behind. It has a big impact on me because I am in college right now and sometimes I am uncomfortable of making eye contact or getting close to people because of my acne, or something like a individual presentation or speech. I watch a lot of laser dermatologists like Dr. Davin Lim on youtube for solutions and he recommended this org. I am wondering what type of procedures I need for my discoloration and scarring and some recommendations for good doctors. Traveling is on option for me financially but I can only do it during this summer break because of school. Since I am a future business owner, I am studying English on this topic. I use https://quizzes.studymoose.com/flashcards/business to enrich my vocabulary and find the most effective methods. Also, at the meantime, is there anything I can do at home like dermarolling, if there is, how may days after accutane? I know I wrote a lot because acne has always been one of my biggest focuses and I would appreciate any help.

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

Make sure not to touch the skin of your face with hands dirty from a pen or pencil while studying. This may cause the situation to worsen. In general, many people in college face with problem skin, but often it passes quite quickly.