Notifications
Clear all

How do I make sure I am suctioning correctly after subcision?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2019 9:22 am

@HopeNewEdit the first post on this thread, including the subject and post pics / your experience there. I think the dialog on this post will also help with documenting your journey.

I am sure you look fine, it takes time, a marathon not a race. I would not do so many things at once. When I see the pics, I will best be able to help more.

Lucky to have your wife, Happy wife happy life.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/21/2019 5:55 pm

I'm still worried about the size of the scarred pore on my nose. I'm going to see a well known plastic surgeon about it monday before I go for a follow up with the dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/21/2019 7:24 pm

@beautifulambitionsince my partner is a nurse, would it be a mistake if I asked her to injectsaline into my scars after I used the suction device? I would think this is risky since she's not a cosmetic nurse.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/22/2019 12:33 pm

@HopeNewIt is illegal for me to advise you of such a thing. As I have no clue to the experience of your partner or if they are qualified to do such a thing. You know her capabilities to do injections as such discuss it with her. The reason we do not do Saline often, ... is you have to repeat them over and over, where filler you can have a lasting product while you heal and make collagen. Saline can be variable the results. It mainly works for steriod atrophy flush. It's not a alternative for cupping or filler. The body absorbs saline as you know so it's super short lifespan. Discuss it with her, if she will do it, you can try, just don't let me know ok as that is against our forum rules here where we have young kids who are desperate for help and can hurt themselves. General reminder everyone should see a board certified practitioner for advice and care to avoid major side effects as we have had many times when people "experiment".

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/22/2019 6:24 pm

@beautifulambitionshould I be using any skin product while I am using the suction device? Should I glide the suction device over the area or only use it right on top of each scar that had subcision over it?

I find it interesting how the titles subcision and delam undermining are both used by medicine.

Edit: After putting on the Alastin Skin Restorative skin complex product, I found sadly, that the indented scars that had subcisions performed on them became much more pronounced. So I took advantage of this by doing more suctioning over the more pronounced indentations.

I don't know if this is the smart way to do it. But the way I see it, I'm growing two new birds with one stone. I'm applying the restorative skin care and using it to make the old indentations more pronounced so I can do more suctioning.

Does this sound cool?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/23/2019 10:22 am

@HopeNewWhile your using the cupping, ... I would say no, unless it's something like a HA serum. Other ingredients are not necessary. Many don't use anything at all with cupping. Some use moisturizer. You don't have to glide it across, just place it on another area, but if it helps sure.

I would not use this Alastin product personally, it's not needed. But if you want it sure. Never a good idea to use something making you worse. Good yes, cupping.

If you mean pronounced it causes swelling, this is not good. Cupping is to cause a flow to blood in the area, which will hopefully forum into support or collagen under the scar, and prevent re-tethering.

You had laser so I understand you using a product afterwards, ... not my favorite one, but it works to keep things moist. I never combine procedures with manual methods because of some of these reasons and it can hamper healing capabilities (too much at once). As you know, doing sub, and cupping is a lot of work on it's own, this is why people get filler.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/23/2019 7:51 pm

@beautifulambitionthank you again for your response. I just got done cupping (suctioning) and I am disappointed because I see the scars on my left temple becoming more pronounched again. This is so sad to me. I know this is normal and I will need several more subcisions.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/24/2019 10:38 am

@HopeNewThis is normal. Remember we need 4 subcisions. Many are at the greater end of the scale. I have seen great results for temples with subcision w/ a bit of filler, and rf needling.Several success stories.

Regarding cupping as that is the cheaper route, as you know we bruise when you do it, and you do it for a month post subcision to avoid re-tethering. Complete instructions are in the FAQ under subcision. I had someone who had great results doing just this and subcision and he had atrophic scaars. He was bruises and despondent, but he said it was worth all the hiding at home. Then I have some who try cupping and it re-attaches, perhaps quick healers. It's definitely variable in results unlike filler.

What are you describing is actually that you love volume there, filler would help. When they do subcision you get natural swelling and we all like the look temporarily till it goes down.

Your on a good path.

BA

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/24/2019 5:52 pm

@beautifulambitionperhaps I should just do several more subcision along with the suctioning instead of with the lasers... This way I will have less down time...

Tomorrow I am going to have a well known plastic surgeon look at the hole on my nose that got larger to the dermatologist tca cross just to get his opinion.

I really should post my progress thread in the first post here and rename the thread.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/25/2019 9:21 am

@HopeNewThat is what I tend to find. People do best who do several subcisions, and some filler. RF needling also helps. But I would not rely on any energy device till your happy with manual methods first. Laser is for surface texture at the end,not fixing pits. Sadly this is what several Dr's do alone.

Great speak to the plastic, he may be more surgically inclined and say excisions or punch excisions, but I would not start cutting unless the basics did not work.

Cool you can start a new post if you want with pictures to help others would be nice.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/25/2019 10:22 am

@beautifulambitionwould an excision or punch excision be safe for the nose?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/26/2019 10:14 am

@HopeNewI tend to find that no punch excision is not safe for the nose. The nose is not like other areas of your skin, it heals poorly compared to cheeks, etc... IT's cartilage. your Dr started TCA Cross, you can do more of that or a excision can be made.There "can" becomplications with this, so please see a plastic surgeon and ask him to evaluate the scar.Nose is the hardest area to treat, ... many just resurface it with a laser like"co2."

HopeNew liked