Notifications
Clear all

Rolling/Boxcar scars, 31yo female

MemberMember
(@foxygoddess)

Posted : 11/02/2018 9:32 pm

@grandor Thank you. I probably do need to see a therapist. I have always been preoccupied and unhappy with my appearance, even before the acne and scars. I went to a counselor once about other emotional issues and didn't feel like it helped, but maybe I just didn't have the right therapist.

@okmichelle I didn't have much long-term improvement with the microneedling. I think it just temporarily looks better due to microswelling. But that's better than nothing...it just hurts and I'm a wimp! Thank you, everyone has said my skin doesn't look bad so it must be mostly in my head..which also does not seem very fixable. -_-
@okmichelle

MemberMember
(@okmichelle)

Posted : 11/02/2018 9:57 pm

I think microneedling does help stimulate collagen and is beneficial, it just takes a lot of dedication. The microswelling is amazing though, youre so right about that!
But yea, psychologically, dealing with acne scars has been dreadful for me too. Keeping in mind how much worse it could be helps me. Also, Ive had to be conscious of how many times I am looking in the mirror, and stop taking all these skin selfies.
Hope you feel better! Feel free to message if you ever need support! <3

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 11/03/2018 9:00 pm

+1 for leaving your skin alone. Your scars are very minor and you're a good looking person. Save your money and buy yourself something nice. Or travel.

MemberMember
(@arug)

Posted : 11/03/2018 10:47 pm

I agree with the many others--you are exceptionally attractive even with the scars. No man in his right mind would object to them.

You can try a dermaroller or derminator and Retin-A, maybe a little bit of filler (not a permanent one). But I don't think you need any procedures.

MemberMember
(@foxygoddess)

Posted : 11/03/2018 11:43 pm

@okmichelle if I do continue at-home needling, I will try to be more consistent. I have to psych myself up to do it because it hurts. Probably why I don't have any long-term improvement, as I've done it only a handful of times...expecting a miracle I guess. Stopping the constant mirror-checking and selfie-taking would probably help too. I'm going to try that. :) It could definitely be a lot worse! Thank you for the kind words and support!

@ScarRight Travel does sound nice. All of these skin treatments are ridiculosuly expensive. Thanks for the compliment and for giving me something else to think about spending money on! (:

@arug Thank you . I think I'm starting to believe everyone...that they aren't that bad. I really appreciate everyone's honest opinion of my skin. It's surprising to hear after all of my negative self-talk and dwelling on it, but it's really made me feel better.