Notifications
Clear all

27 yr with acne scars from teenage years. (Recommendation)

MemberMember
(@reeb0k)

Posted : 08/13/2018 4:46 pm

I used to get bad acne for years in my early teens, pretty much to my until I finished high school. What can I do to make them less apparent? 

8E056BCF-E5DE-4270-96FF-F7E95AD534FA.jpeg

B6DA6D94-ACFC-4A4A-85DB-F6A673A0EB32.jpeg

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 08/13/2018 7:31 pm

Subcision with filler and TCA cross.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/13/2018 9:55 pm

Hi There,

As Quan said...

I would do cannular subcision ... I would not use a filler as this is a dangerous area. Vascular in nature. PRP or saline is fine. You will need 3 of them.

I would also do rf microneedling, I have had many people respond well doing this treatment for the temples. You space these out 3 months apart and between your subcisions.

I would also do TCA Paint on to some of the pits, ... paint on means 3X in the same session when it dries and only to the pits. You will need multiple sessions of this.

Finally I would do some sort of resurfacing like erbium to deal with the texture.

Treat as you have time and money and stop at any time. Scar work takes a long time and the body is slow to heal.

Because of your skin type you could have hyperpigmentation. Start on retin-a/tretinorin/differin and a konjac albutin cream nightly. Stop one week before treatments.

MemberMember
(@reeb0k)

Posted : 08/14/2018 8:57 am

Ok, thanks!
What would be the cheapest route as Im on a fixed income?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/15/2018 2:08 pm

@Reeb0k

Hi there...

Understand, fixed income.

1) What I would do in this case is subcsion is not that much money, figure on one a year or more depending on what you can afford, find cannular subicision, you might have to call around dermatologists or use the faq- top post in the scar sub. You can use Chinese cupping (Amazon) afterwards to prevent re-tethering.

2) I would buy a derminator, ... it's relivily cheap and you can microneedle your scars once a month deeply. The at home protocol is to alternate peels and microneedling.

3) I would Do a few TCA peels, ... please follow the guide in the FAQ, under peel section, click the mega-link
You are going to spot peel only the temples or scarred areas, ... do a small patch test first as you have pigmented skin, start low % for your test, and build up as you can take it.

4) Nightly use differin or tretinorin and a konjac albutin cream.

5) IF you get some more money do some spread out sessions of rf microneedling OR 3-7% co2 at full power (this is called low density) over just the scarred area. These are stronger treatments and are optional.

Treat as you have time and funds. The above are mainly at home treatments.

BA