Notifications
Clear all

OTC skin peels/scar treatment?

MemberMember
(@smoothstock)

Posted : 07/04/2018 11:39 am

Hi guys,

first time poster here and looking forwards to getting a few questions answered. Firstly, I apologise if this information can be found freely with a little digging, but I do not have much time at the moment.

I have some (what I would call) mild scarring my my face, mainly on my cheeks and around the temple area (which I find is where I scar the easiest) and am looking for some products I can buy either online or in the chemists to aid with the appearance of these scars and possibly reduce to amount of blackheads I currently have.

I am eventually looking to get a proper skin peel for my face but I have financial restraints at this moment in time therefore it is not possible. Has anyone had any success with 'DIY' face peels or products that are aimed at combating mild scarring over time? If so, would anyone be so kind to recommend these products so I can do further research?

Thanks!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/04/2018 3:10 pm

Cant you try retina?
:)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/04/2018 6:18 pm

6 hours ago, SmoothStock said:

I am eventually looking to get a proper skin peel for my face but I have financial restraints at this moment in time therefore it is not possible. Has anyone had any success with 'DIY' face peels or products that are aimed at combating mild scarring over time? If so, would anyone be so kind to recommend these products so I can do further research?

Why don't you post a picture? As they say, a picture is worth a lot more than a thousand useless words. With that said, using TCA peel of various strength over time can be effective. Note, however, you will want to start with lower strength and gradually work up to a higher concentration.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/05/2018 2:55 am

@SmoothStockI understand financial constraints. Good at home DIY treatments are tca acid peels and dermastamping the scars (Derminator). Differin or tretinorin is also great to use nightly. Some people need subcision for their pits, that is pretty cheap. You can also get Dr treatments when you have time and money once a year.

For DIY of Peels, etc.. Checkout the FAQ, goto the TCA Section, click on the mega-link for peels.

[Link removed]